PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Baseball Prospectus article

gosox41
11-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Basically ranked the health of ESPN's top 50 FA's and gave their own far fetched predictions about where they'll wind up. Of course they mentioned Magglio. Also, had the Sox getting 'The Urinator'.

Not that this guy was ever in the Sox sights (I thing the Cubs want him) but it's interesting to see how they feel about the health of Percival.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=3622

Bob

jake27
11-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Also, had the Sox getting 'The Urinator'.

:rolling: the urinator, thats a good 1! i do not want him, plan and simple NO

Palehose13
11-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Edgar Renteria (YELLOW) - For someone who plays 150 games every year, Renteria has a lot of injury risk. Back and leg problems for this type of player are career-killers for them and for the GM that signs them. Renteria reminds me a lot of Barry Larkin. I'm just not sure at what point in Larkin's career Renteria is at. ("Expos") Guess he was wrong about who the "Expos" were gonna get for SS.

FightingBillini
11-17-2004, 11:48 AM
This is BS. They list Magglio under guys WITHOUT significant injury concerns. Right.

Jjav829
11-17-2004, 11:58 AM
This is BS. They list Magglio under guys WITHOUT significant injury concerns. Right.Huh? They gave him a red light. I think you misread it. There isn't one list of players with significant injury concerns and one without. The first list is the Top 20 players and any injury concerns. The second list is players who are not in the Top 20 of ESPN's list but have injury concerns.

gosox41
11-17-2004, 12:02 PM
This is BS. They list Magglio under guys WITHOUT significant injury concerns. Right.
Magglio was given a red light which means there's major concern about his injury.

Bob

FightingBillini
11-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Yes, I missed it. Didnt read the first title, :redface:

lowesox
11-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Hmm. One thing i found interesting in here was that he thought Nomar would sign a 1-year incentive-laden deal. I realize Nomar is an injury risk, but with Harris and Uribe in the picture - this wouldn't be that awful of a risk for us to take.

gosox41
11-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Hmm. One thing i found interesting in here was that he thought Nomar would sign a 1-year incentive-laden deal. I realize Nomar is an injury risk, but with Harris and Uribe in the picture - this wouldn't be that awful of a risk for us to take.
It probably wouldn't be a bad risk at all. Maybe KW has thought of it. But to get Nomar without giving up any players (outside of possible draft picks) isn't so bad.

Bob

SouthSide_HitMen
11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Basically ranked the health of ESPN's top 50 FA's and gave their own far fetched predictions about where they'll wind up. Of course they mentioned Magglio. Also, had the Sox getting 'The Urinator'.

Not that this guy was ever in the Sox sights (I thing the Cubs want him) but it's interesting to see how they feel about the health of Percival.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=3622

Bob
Baseball Prospectus is awesome - Their Fantasy Projections are the best in the business. I subscribe and read their articles daily.

Glad the Tigers picked up Percival (as oppossed to the CWS). He is already in decline mode (though I wish the Cubbies picked him up :D: )

gosox41
11-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Baseball Prospectus is awesome - Their Fantasy Projections are the best in the business. I subscribe and read their articles daily.

Glad the Tigers picked up Percival (as oppossed to the CWS). He is already in decline mode (though I wish the Cubbies picked him up :D: )

I can see the Cubs trading for Urbina. Too bad, because the Sox hit Urbina well last season and would face him more often in the 19 games against the Tigers then the 6 with the Cubs.

Bob

jabrch
11-18-2004, 08:56 AM

Given that Guzman got 4 years and Vizquel got 3, I highly doubt that Nomar will have to settle for 1 year and incentives. I'm betting Anaheim comes up with a fair 3/4 year deal for Nomar.

Eckstein might be available...

lowesox
11-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Given that Guzman got 4 years...
Anybody know how much he signed for?

southsider17
11-18-2004, 09:09 AM
$16.8 mil, I believe. :o: