PDA

View Full Version : More Sox 9 and 13

34 Inch Stick
11-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Ewok has noted that his ticket rep said that purchasing the Sox 13 plan entitles you to an offer to purchase playoff tickets. I have no doubt Ewok is telling the truth. However, I don't see the guarantee on any promotional items or order form. I would think if this were true the Sox would use it as a selling point. Unless I see it in writing somewhere I will not trust that the Sox are locking themselves into such a pledge. Can someone direct me to any materials that guarantee playoff ticket options?

BeerHandle
11-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Ewok has noted that his ticket rep said that purchasing the Sox 13 plan entitles you to an offer to purchase playoff tickets. I have no doubt Ewok is telling the truth. However, I don't see the guarantee on any promotional items or order form. I would think if this were true the Sox would use it as a selling point. Unless I see it in writing somewhere I will not trust that the Sox are locking themselves into such a pledge. Can someone direct me to any materials that guarantee playoff ticket options?
Don't worry we won't make the playoffs. We will be in first place at the All Star break then Minnesota will sweep us on their next visit to the Cell and we will fall apart from there.

Procol Harum
11-17-2004, 10:45 AM

Sounds like a good deal, buy a 13-game Sox plan and guarantee yourself tickets in Cleveland or Minnesota for the playoffs. The Sox are marketing geniuses. :D:

Mickster
11-17-2004, 10:55 AM
[Jim Mora Voice] PLAYOFFS?? PLAYOFFS!! [/Jim Mora Voice]

JoseCanseco6969
11-19-2004, 09:59 PM
just talked to a ticket rep almost 30 minutes after sending an angry reply email to the sox regarding 9 game package. The reason she gave me for only having 1 cubs game is because there were so many Cubs fans there last year that bought the 9 game package. What the hell is that??? SO i told her, so basically youre screwing the common Sox fans in order to TRY and limit the Cubs fans??? Makes no sense to me because they will be there no matter what and buy scalped tix if they have to. She kinda agreed with me but said they are TRYING this to see if it works. Dumbass marketing people for the SOX make me sooo mad!

SoxFan78
11-20-2004, 08:27 AM

I just got an email from the white sox for their 2005 season ticket plans, and it says in there that if you purchase the Sox 13 you do have the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets. If you want me to forward it to you, just pm me with your email.

ewokpelts
11-20-2004, 09:26 PM
just talked to a ticket rep almost 30 minutes after sending an angry reply email to the sox regarding 9 game package. The reason she gave me for only having 1 cubs game is because there were so many Cubs fans there last year that bought the 9 game package. What the hell is that??? SO i told her, so basically youre screwing the common Sox fans in order to TRY and limit the Cubs fans??? Makes no sense to me because they will be there no matter what and buy scalped tix if they have to. She kinda agreed with me but said they are TRYING this to see if it works. Dumbass marketing people for the SOX make me sooo mad!it was never this bad with sox7...wait...oh yeah...the flubs were in the playoff in 2003....five outs from a world series........
Gene

JKryl
11-21-2004, 11:07 PM
just talked to a ticket rep almost 30 minutes after sending an angry reply email to the sox regarding 9 game package. The reason she gave me for only having 1 cubs game is because there were so many Cubs fans there last year that bought the 9 game package. What the hell is that??? SO i told her, so basically youre screwing the common Sox fans in order to TRY and limit the Cubs fans??? Makes no sense to me because they will be there no matter what and buy scalped tix if they have to. She kinda agreed with me but said they are TRYING this to see if it works. Dumbass marketing people for the SOX make me sooo mad!
Makes sense to me, they should also say that they jacked up ticket prices to get them out of the Scrub fan's price range. And, they're going to donate all the extra money to charity. :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

White Sox baseball, every day is an adventure.