PDA

View Full Version : MJH Rumor: Jose Valentin going to......

Mickster
11-17-2004, 08:50 AM
...the Twins???? Harry said that the rumor on the "street" is that Jose will be the Twins next DH. Take it for what it's worth from Mr. Cub.

PINWHEELS
11-17-2004, 09:11 AM
...the Twins???? Harry said that the rumor on the "street" is that Jose will be the Twins next DH. Take it for what it's worth from Mr. Cub. A 220 BA? Good They can have Him!

Uncle_Patrick
11-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Valentin as DH? Don't they want his stellar glove in the field?

Brian26
11-17-2004, 09:50 AM
...the Twins???? Harry said that the rumor on the "street" is that Jose will be the Twins next DH. Take it for what it's worth from Mr. Cub.

Glad to see Harry has been frequenting WSI for his news. Keep up the good work, Harry! You're the REAL baseball insider!

ja1022
11-17-2004, 09:59 AM
A 220 BA? Good They can have Him!
Seems to me Jose is the type of player, mental make up and all, that would just kill his former team when he played them.

mjmcend
11-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Minneapolis Star Tribune columnist Jim Souhan (registration required): "Koskie is as good as gone, because, as Koskie observed, other teams value him more than the Twins. Rivas is as good as gone, unless he is willing to sign a low-budget deal instead of taking the Twins to arbitration... Nick Punto could be that guy, or the Twins could sign a cheap veteran like Craig Counsell, Pokey Reese or Jose Valentin, who has told at least one Twins official he wants to play here."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/150/5089875.html

According to this guy, Jose wants his shot at us.

MUsoxfan
11-17-2004, 11:31 AM
or the Twins could sign a cheap veteran like Craig Counsell, Pokey Reese or Jose Valentin, who has told at least one Twins official he wants to play here."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/150/5089875.html

According to this guy, Jose wants his shot at us.

What's cheap about this guy? Jose's the best player he knows and I doubt he'll be willing to take a paycut

beckett21
11-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Seems to me Jose is the type of player, mental make up and all, that would just kill his former team when he played them.
...and the type of player who will kill his present team in all the other games.

The Sox have enough .230 hitters. Adios, Jose'. Don't forget to pack your parka.

soltrain21
11-17-2004, 12:58 PM
I love how Jose bashed the Twins like there is no tomorrow..and now wants a "shot at us." Sorry Jose, but we never mistreated you..hell..YOU MISTREATED US with your horrible season.

ja1022
11-17-2004, 01:02 PM
...and the type of player who will kill his present team in all the other games.

The Sox have enough .230 hitters. Adios, Jose'. Don't forget to pack your parka.
Absolutely agreed. Just pointing out, that with his flair for the dramatic, I'd guess he's the type of guy that would get especially up for "revenge" games. Is it time for him to move on? You bet.

mjmcend
11-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I love how Jose bashed the Twins like there is no tomorrow..and now wants a "shot at us." Sorry Jose, but we never mistreated you..hell..YOU MISTREATED US with your horrible season.
Well those were my words, not his. But if he is asking to play for the Twins, maybe that is part of his motivation. Maybe he just likes Minnesota..

Frater Perdurabo
11-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Couple Jose's power with the fact that the fans blow out when the Twins bat in the Rollerdome and the Valenstache could hit 40 taters next year.

Jabroni
11-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Couple Jose's power with the fact that the fans blow out when the Twins bat in the Rollerdome and the Valenstache could hit 40 taters next year.Probably why they want to sign him. Plus, he will probably be cheap after a crappy season.

beckett21
11-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Absolutely agreed. Just pointing out, that with his flair for the dramatic, I'd guess he's the type of guy that would get especially up for "revenge" games. Is it time for him to move on? You bet.
I understand where you are coming from. He was the author of several memorable moments, and a nice guy to have up in the clutch. I'll grant you that.

The power numbers are nice, but the inability to hit lefties has worn my patience out. He is a platoon player at best. Not worth it for the coin he is going to want. I have no ill will towards the guy, I just think the cons outweigh the pros.

Thanks for the memories Manos. Don't forget to take your golden sombrero with you either. :cool: