PDA

View Full Version : What I would do

bigredrudy
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I would basically stand pat. I would not try to acquire a catcher or a middle infielder. I don't want a right fielder and I do not want relief help. I don't want to trade Lee or Konerko. What I want is one basic thing and that is to acquire a free agent starting pitcher who will give us a chance to win every time we take the field. If there is enough money for this, then I would be satisfied. And I think every Sox fan should be satisfied as well. :bandance:

Flight #24
11-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Welcome aboard!!! And be ready to get some stuff thrown at you for your last comment. Don't take it personally.

southsider17
11-16-2004, 03:45 PM
I would basically stand pat. I would not try to acquire a catcher or a middle infielder. I don't want a right fielder and I do not want relief help. I don't want to trade Lee or Konerko. What I want is one basic thing and that is to acquire a free agent starting pitcher who will give us a chance to win every time we take the field. If there is enough money for this, then I would be satisfied. And I think every Sox fan should be satisfied as well. :bandance:
And a reliever.

jshanahanjr
11-16-2004, 04:01 PM
If the Sox kept the current roster, and added Pavano & Percival I think most fans would be happy.

kittle42
11-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Welcome to 2003 with a worse lineup!

mjmcend
11-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Welcome to 2003 with a worse lineup!
And a much much much better pitching staff.

jake27
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
woah wait. who would be in the outfield? well you have lee and rowand. then who plays right? borchard?? brian anderson?? who do we have on our bench becides gload? i would not be a happy sox fan if they stay pat. every team (expect the royals) is getting better in the divison, or are already good (twins). we can't stay with the same lineup plus one pitcher and hope other teams in the divison sux it up. also... we so won the divison with last years team what makes you think we will win the divison with the same team (+ 1 picher) next year when we didn't even win it last year?

I_Liked_Manuel
11-16-2004, 05:27 PM
you need at least 2 if not 3 new arms in the bullpen if you want to even make a run at the division.

Ol' No. 2
11-16-2004, 05:31 PM
woah wait. who would be in the outfield? well you have lee and rowand. then who plays right? borchard?? brian anderson?? who do we have on our bench becides gload? i would not be a happy sox fan if they stay pat. every team (expect the royals) is getting better in the divison, or are already good (twins). we can't stay with the same lineup plus one pitcher and hope other teams in the divison sux it up. also... we so won the divison with last years team what makes you think we will win the divison with the same team (+ 1 picher) next year when we didn't even win it last year?Aghhhh!!! My eyes!!! Can't we do something about getting rid of this color?