PDA

View Full Version : Cub fan arrogance

Philzer
11-16-2004, 11:27 AM
This letter was in Bill Simmons' column on ESPN's Page 2 talking about the Red Sox winning the World Series. Typical sniveling arrogant Cubbie fan attitude toward the "little brother" in town.

For Cubs fans, you know what this feels like? I just figured it out a moment ago. It's like having this friend who suffered with you through thick and thin, sharing in your deepest pain and your greatest hopes. Finally, one day, your friend finally gets what you've both been hoping for. And you're really, really happy for them, but you can't deny that you're also jealous. And you're a bit sad, and a bit scared, because you know that from now on, you're going at it alone. (Also, you have an annoying little brother with the same problem, but nobody gives a crap about him and neither do you.)

-- Adam Rettberg, Chicago

Gotta go...I just threw up in my mouth.

mantis1212
11-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Little brother? Please, you ain't my brother sport. As the card in my wallet reads, I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother whose a Cubs fan.

Irishsox1
11-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Adam Rettberg???? Just tell me when Die-hard Cub fan Adam Rettberg moves from Lincoln Park back to whatever crappy city he came from. Also, I looked up on Yahoo people search and this pin head lives just down the street from Wrigley Field, feel free to contact him.

jackbrohamer
11-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Glad I'm not this clown's friend. Or his little brother.

The Critic
11-16-2004, 11:56 AM
You know what the Red Sox win felt like to me?
"I just figured it out a moment ago....":rolleyes:
It felt like a team I don't root for won the World Series.....again......

doublem23
11-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Almost every Cub fan I knew told me that crappy little line weeks before this assclown took credit for it on ESPN.com.

See? Cub fans don't care about Sox fans. :rolleyes:

Uncle_Patrick
11-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Almost every Cub fan I knew told me that crappy little line weeks before this assclown took credit for it on ESPN.com.

See? Cub fans don't care about Sox fans. :rolleyes:
I don't know if their arrogance towards us qualifies as "caring about Sox fans". This loser's email only reinforces what many of us have known all along. Cub fans look down on Sox fans and consider themselves superior because of their numbers, never mind that a large chunk of those numbers couldn't name a player besides Sammy Sosa, Kerry Wood, or Mark Prior. They continue to reinforce their stupidity by claiming that the Cubs and Red Sox were somehow the same and that a Red Sox World Series victory means something for the Cubs other than adding another year between their last World Series victory and their next. The barrage of moronic emails like the one from this guy make me feel proud that my fellow White Sox fans and I don't labor under such delusions, and yet, at the same time, sad that such idiots can share the same city and state as many of us.

DumpJerry
11-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Adam Rettberg???? Just tell me when Die-hard Cub fan Adam Rettberg moves from Lincoln Park back to whatever crappy city he came from. Also, I looked up on Yahoo people search and this pin head lives just down the street from Wrigley Field, feel free to contact him.I was going to ask you share, but......do we really know this guy wrote the letter or did a pal of his write it and put his name on it to get him in trouble? What if Adam is a Sox fan? I would not put it past some of the Flub fans I know to do this to me and my address is only 4 miles from The Urinal.

Maybe someone should contact him in a nice manner, thank him for his "insight." If he responds in a hostile manner, then he might be one of us. He thanks the person for seeing things his way..........:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dan H
11-16-2004, 07:09 PM
All I can say is that Cub fans have nothing to be arrogant about, unless you count being mindless. Comparisons to the Red Sox have gotten old real quick. What the Red Sox did has nothing to do with what the either Chicago team has done or will do. Enough already.

DrCrawdad
11-16-2004, 07:18 PM
It's funny how turd burglar Cubbie fans, like this guy, have glommed onto the Red Sox win as if it were their own. Then as usual issue the wholly unrelated put-down of the Sox and Sox fans just for fun.

'Did you see my letter on ESPN with my dig at the White Sox? Man, I am so damn clever!' - Adam "The Catcher" Rettberg

Takatsufan
11-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Personally, I think that to be a Cub's fan you must:
A. have an IQ below 100
B. Not know anything about you team besides the name of the ballpark and a handfull of players
C. Blame decades of futility on a "curse" when reall it's their players and their egos fault
D. Constantly drunk
E. Become out of grip with reality
F. Read the Chicago Tribune

"There are no Cubs fans, only Wrigley Field fans" - Unknown:yup:

Hangar18
11-18-2004, 12:13 PM
It's funny how turd burglar Cubbie fans, like this guy, have glommed onto the Red Sox win as if it were their own. Then as usual issue the wholly unrelated put-down of the Sox and Sox fans just for fun.

'Did you see my letter on ESPN with my dig at the White Sox? Man, I am so damn clever!' - Adam "The Catcher" RettbergI was at a bar for Gm 4 of the Series, and Mindless Sheep Cub fans
began Chanting towards the TV "lets go cubs, lets go cubs" and "Cubbies! Wooooooo". I reminded them the Red Sox and Cardinals were playing in the WS, not the CUBS. They laughed and said I was just Mad because the WHITE SOX werent in the World Series. I laughed and told them
NEITHER WERE THE CUBS. The entire bar ..... fell into a STUNNED and
EXPECTED SILENCED by one Sox Fan ...... heh heh

Clembasbal
11-18-2004, 12:29 PM
~~ I didn't think this warranted another thread, so ~~

Last night I had to turn off my favorite TV show, "Law and Order." Right in the beginning of the program two people were fighting over who was better, who has better fans, more cursed or whatever...the teams, the Red Sox and the Chubs.

If you guys watch that show something bad always happens in the beginning of the program, and since the Cubs fan was not killed or hit by a car I had to turn it off.

For shame that this crap was on a huge hit TV program...for shame

~~Ok back to other media topic ~~

SOXSINCE'70
11-18-2004, 12:51 PM
A POX ON THAT CRETIN ADAM RETTBERG!!:angry: :angry:

Huisj
11-18-2004, 04:25 PM
For Cubs fans, you know what this feels like? I just figured it out a moment ago. It's like having this friend who suffered with you through thick and thin, sharing in your deepest pain and your greatest hopes. Finally, one day, your friend finally gets what you've both been hoping for. And you're really, really happy for them, but you can't deny that you're also jealous. And you're a bit sad, and a bit scared, because you know that from now on, you're going at it alone. (Also, you have an annoying little brother with the same problem, but nobody gives a crap about him and neither do you.)
The guy used "them", a plural word, to refer to a single person. What a horrible letter!

But actually, beyond this annoying and clumsy grammar mistake, the letter still sucks. What a load of crap. How long have Cubs and Red Sox fans actually pretended that they like each other? A couple years? Suffered through thick and thin my eye.

DrCrawdad
11-18-2004, 05:00 PM
"CUB FAN ARROGANCE," this could be a permanent forum here at WSI.

FarWestChicago
11-18-2004, 05:29 PM
"CUB FAN ARROGANCE," this could be a permanent forum here at WSI.Do we really need more Flub crap here? http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek.gif

JKryl
11-19-2004, 10:47 AM
We despise them, they look down their noses at us, the world turns. Life is good.

White Sox baseball, every day is an adventure.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Do we really need more Flub crap here? http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek.gif
It's so bad we had to create a whole separate baseball forum just to keep Sox Clubhouse tidy.

Yes, Cubs fans are always obnoxious and the vast majority of them are incredibly stupid, too. If you want to talk about it, post it in Talking Baseball. Leave Sox Clubhouse for talking about our team. You won't find a larger (or more lively) forum devoted to the topic anywhere on the internet -- including the official site's.
:cool:

Meanwhile there is no news telling us about Lovable Loser fans peeing their pants after their team's latest 3-game winning streak. It's as inevitable as death and taxes.