PDA

View Full Version : Guzman close to signing?

Jjav829
11-16-2004, 08:37 AM
This could be good news. It could be very bad news. Guzman's agent is saying that Guzman could sign as soon as Wednesday.

Twins free-agent shortstop Cristian Guzman could sign with another team as soon as Wednesday, according to his agent, Stanley King.
King said Monday that Twins General Manager Terry Ryan wasn't very receptive when told what Guzman is being offered by other teams.

"He said he didn't think he would be able to make that kind of commitment," King said without discussing details.The second part of that scares me. It sounds like Guzman is being offered too much money and I sure the hell hope it isn't by the Sox. The Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos supposedly have interest. Hopefully they are the team offering to overpay him.

Link (http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5087786.html)

JRIG
11-16-2004, 08:42 AM
This could be good news. It could be very bad news. Guzman's agent is saying that Guzman could sign as soon as Wednesday.

The second part of that scares me. It sounds like Guzman is being offered too much money and I sure the hell hope it isn't by the Sox. The Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos supposedly have interest. Hopefully they are the team offering to overpay him.

Please, please, please, please, please let him be scooped up by Washington...and Pokey sign with someone else...and then we'll be "stuck" with Placido Polanco.

Jjav829
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
The Score is reporting that the White Sox are not one of the two teams seriously negotiating with Guzman. I hope they are right.

MHOUSE
11-16-2004, 02:18 PM
...but will it be with the Sox? It certainly seems from this article that the Twins are definately out of the bidding and the White Sox are the only other team mentioned. Offers are on the table and Guzman plans on signing somewhere before the end of the week. Per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924020)

SoxFan78
11-16-2004, 02:22 PM
...but will it be with the Sox? It certainly seems from this article that the Twins are definately out of the bidding and the White Sox are the only other team mentioned. Offers are on the table and Guzman plans on signing somewhere before the end of the week. Per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924020)
After the whole Omar Visquel situation, I won't believe the Sox are going after Guzman until I see Guzman in the Sox pinstripes.

SEALgep
11-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Supposedly Washington and Seattle are the two teams that have made offers.

Jabroni
11-16-2004, 02:25 PM
No thank you. I'd rather see Uribe at SS and Willie at 2B than have this scrub starting for us.

Deadguy
11-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Link? Source?

jabrch
11-16-2004, 02:26 PM
I hope they win...

Paulwny
11-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Link? Source?
A thread was stated earlier today in the Talking Baseball Forum with a link.

LAWSfan
11-16-2004, 02:34 PM

The second part of that scares me. It sounds like Guzman is being offered too much money and I sure the hell hope it isn't by the Sox. The Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos supposedly have interest. Hopefully they are the team offering to overpay him.

Damn another person to jump the gun and can't wait to say something bad about the White Sox. How the hell do you know that the White Sox are really interested in Guzman? Have there been any reports about the White Sox making an offer? There are a million posts about Omar and all for what? Nothing because he didn't sign with the White Sox!

I know you're bitter like many other people on WSI. But can't you wait until something happens before you say something bad about KW and any moves they are making?

FarWestChicago
11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Damn another person to jump the gun and can't wait to say something bad about the White Sox. How the hell do you know that the White Sox are really interested in Guzman? Have there been any reports about the White Sox making an offer? I recommend reading glasses. Jjav didn't say any of this. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/confused.gif

FightingBillini
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:reinsy
"MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

Jjav829
11-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Damn another person to jump the gun and can't wait to say something bad about the White Sox. How the hell do you know that the White Sox are really interested in Guzman? Have there been any reports about the White Sox making an offer? There are a million posts about Omar and all for what? Nothing because he didn't sign with the White Sox!

I know you're bitter like many other people on WSI. But can't you wait until something happens before you say something bad about KW and any moves they are making?
Sure, tell you what, I'll leave the site for a few months and come back when the offseason is over to give my reactions about what happened. Then I'll leave the site when the season starts and come back at the end to give my review of the season. Can I earn your approval that way? :rolleyes:

maurice
11-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Guzman (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924347) signed with the team formerly known as the 'Spos.

maurice
11-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Guzman (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924347) signed with the team formerly known as the 'Spos.

Rocklive99
11-16-2004, 06:39 PM
As did Vinny Castilla

LAWSfan
11-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Sure, tell you what, I'll leave the site for a few months and come back when the offseason is over to give my reactions about what happened. Then I'll leave the site when the season starts and come back at the end to give my review of the season. Can I earn your approval that way? :rolleyes:
No but you can start by taking down the picture of that loser Heinrich. :cool: All I said was that why are you jumping the gun with this quote "The second part of that scares me. It sounds like Guzman is being offered too much money and I sure the hell hope it isn't by the Sox."

Guzman just signed with the DC Nationals. Just wait until a trade or free agent signing is made by the White Sox until you go off on your BW bashing. Is that too much to ask?

beckett21
11-16-2004, 09:48 PM
No but you can start by taking down the picture of that loser Heinrich. :cool: All I said was that why are you jumping the gun with this quote "The second part of that scares me. It sounds like Guzman is being offered too much money and I sure the hell hope it isn't by the Sox."

Guzman just signed with the DC Nationals. Just wait until a trade or free agent signing is made by the White Sox until you go off on your BW bashing. Is that too much to ask?
Your criticism in this case is misguided.

Jjav is not the one jumping to conclusions here.

Clembasbal
11-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Guzman, good thing we didn't take him. Castilla, I am glad he signed with another team too...I was upset with the talk about Sox fans on this site wanting him to come here...he can't hit outside of Coors, bum!

Jjav829
11-16-2004, 11:15 PM

A.) It's Hinrich.

B.) When did I jump the gun? All I said was that I hope Guzman isn't being offered the money by the Sox. I never said KW is a moron for offering the contract. I was simply expressing my hope that KW wasn't interested in Guzman as had been reported/speculated by several news outlets.

C.) Who the hell is BW?

D.) I know you're somewhat new here, but I'm far from a "BW" basher. I've given Kenny praise for many of his moves. But if he makes a bad move, I'm not going to act like I think it's a good move.

LAWSfan
11-17-2004, 03:51 AM
A.) It's Hinrich.

B.) When did I jump the gun? All I said was that I hope Guzman isn't being offered the money by the Sox. I never said KW is a moron for offering the contract. I was simply expressing my hope that KW wasn't interested in Guzman as had been reported/speculated by several news outlets.

C.) Who the hell is BW?

D.) I know you're somewhat new here, but I'm far from a "BW" basher. I've given Kenny praise for many of his moves. But if he makes a bad move, I'm not going to act like I think it's a good move.
Geez like you never make a mistake. KW, KW KW. That LOSER Hinrich. That LOSER Hinrich. Does that make you feel better?

Ok I agree, I'm not a big Guzman fan. But your comment could lead somebody to think that indirectly you are bashing KW. Again I was just pointing out until and unless Guzman signs with the White Sox just relax. Is there really a need to make mountains out of mole hills?

Jjav829
11-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Is there really a need to make mountains out of mole hills?
No, so why are you making them?

LAWSfan
11-17-2004, 01:43 PM
No, so why are you making them?
It was actually YOU who was making them.

Jjav829
11-17-2004, 01:46 PM
It was actually YOU who was making them.
I'm not gonna go any further with this because it's pointless. You joined this site 3 weeks ago and all you have done since is complain about how we complain. Then you call me out for something I didn't say, and when I try to defend myself, you tell me I was the one who started it! :?:

Palehose13
11-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Ladies...enough already!

btw...Jjav is correct.

FarWestChicago
11-17-2004, 03:30 PM
It was actually YOU who was making them.No, it's you who accused Jjav of something he didn't do and then made a complete ass of yourself. See you in a few days.

LAWSfan
11-23-2004, 03:34 AM
No, it's you who accused Jjav of something he didn't do and then made a complete ass of yourself. See you in a few days.I'm just here to run my mouth off like a troll. Maybe next time I'll learn to keep my mouth shut like a good little troll. I'll have to do that on another board though because I've just been permanently banned from this one.

:hawk
"I gone!"

:dtroll: