PDA

View Full Version : KW to keep the rest of his plan on the down low

Rocklive99
11-16-2004, 01:09 AM
The White Sox made it clear they wanted Omar Vizquel. But after losing the free agent shortstop to San Francisco, GM Kenny Williams insists he will go back to offering Hot Stove updates strictly on a need-to-know basis.

Not sure if this was posted, but I saw this on whitesox.com . The full article is at http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20041115&content_id=913756&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

NWSox
11-16-2004, 01:18 AM
This is why playing in the FA market is a losing proposition for the Sox. No respectable agent is going to let KW negotiate in secret. Any player of any value is going to seek a competitive bidding process and then JR is going to have to open his wallet. Why does KW somehow think he can dictate the rules of the game?

MUsoxfan
11-16-2004, 03:37 AM
I actually think KW is a pretty good secret negotiator. He gets alot of things done under the radar. I also think that if he keeps things secret us Sox fans have alot less to be disappointed about and alot more to be excited about when the moves are made. I believe he's one of the smarter GM's around.

jabrch
11-16-2004, 06:56 AM
This is why playing in the FA market is a losing proposition for the Sox.

Better quit looking for FAs then...

:KW "NWSox says it's a losing proposition - it must be so"

:chickenlittle

Look - It's OMAR VIZQUEL...I wanted him also. I liked the potential signing. But this is far from a season ruiner. (KWs next move might be - but this one isn't.)

Palehose13
11-16-2004, 10:09 AM
I actually think KW is a pretty good secret negotiator. He gets alot of things done under the radar. I also think that if he keeps things secret us Sox fans have alot less to be disappointed about and alot more to be excited about when the moves are made. I believe he's one of the smarter GM's around.
:thumbsup:

voodoochile
11-16-2004, 10:36 AM
We need a KW limbo graphic.

How low can he go?

I mean he not only keeps his ideas on the down low, but his offers too...

It's a joke you, FORW's :tongue:

:KW
"Um... JR, my idea about telling the fans what I am doing, backfired. I got beat out for my top priority, Omar Vizquel."

:reinsy
"There there, little Kenny. Don't worry. There are plenty of other b-tier free agents to go after. I see you understand the way I want this team run very well and am glad you have given up that nasty idea of signing Beltran or Pedro. Of course we can still try to trade for Johnson. Offer them the rights to Magglio and throw in Jose."

"We can't even legally make that deal, JR. It's against the CBA."

(makes overly exagerated face of disbelief)
"It is?!???!??!! Oh now THAT'S a shame..."

Baby Fisk
11-16-2004, 10:41 AM
"We can't even legally make that deal, JR. It's against the CBA."

(makes overly exagerated face of disbelief)
"It is?!???!??!! Oh now THAT'S a shame...":rolling: Man, are you channelling the spirit of JR these days or what?!

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 11:18 AM
How hard can it be to keep a plan that doesn't exist on the DL?

Hangar18
11-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Heh hehhheh heh ehh eh

Hangar18
11-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Its safe to say there NEVER WAS A PLAN

voodoochile
11-16-2004, 11:25 AM
Its safe to say there NEVER WAS A PLAN
"Oh come on, Henry. Give me SOME credit. Of COURSE there is a plan... No Boras clients. No 3-year deals. No FA's that raise the payroll over last years numbers."

duke of dorwood
11-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Well if I recall the Cliff Politte negotitions were a secret and those paid off :angry:

faneidde
11-16-2004, 12:08 PM
How hard can it be to keep a plan that doesn't exist on the DL? Man, you beat me to it. Always be skeptical of someone who claims to have a plan but won't share it.

SoxxoS
11-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Man, you beat me to it. Always be skeptical of someone who claims to have a plan but won't share it.

Skeptical. Hey faneidde. 1 word. STANFORD. Yeah, that's right. I am smarter than all you.

Lip Man 1
11-16-2004, 01:29 PM
I did think it was funny the reference in the story that the reason the Sox lost Vizquel is because the media reported the Sox wanted him.

Sure..... another scapegoat, another excuse by this 'first class' organization.

LOL

Lip

gosox41
11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
I did think it was funny the reference or allusion in the story that the reason the lost lost Vizquel is because the media reported the Sox wanted him.

Sure..... another scapegoat, another excuse by this 'first class' organization.

LOL

Lip
It beats the usual reasons.

Bob