PDA

View Full Version : Early Soxfest Lineup (Per Sun-Times)

Brian26
11-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Scheduled to appear Jan 14-16:

Ozzie Guillen, Paul Konerko, Cliff Politte, Aaron Rowand, Tim Raines, Harold Baines, Greg Walker, Carl Everett, Ben Davis, Neal Cotts and more....

I'll definitely make an effort to get a Raines autograph.

Looking forward to the first person who asks Carl to sign their Barney doll.

And shouldn't Politte be signing gas cans?

CubKilla
11-15-2004, 09:22 PM
I better see some unfamiliar names added to that line-up. I know better not to get my hopes up though.

Jjav829
11-15-2004, 09:59 PM
I better see some unfamiliar names added to that line-up. I know better not to get my hopes up though.
You better stand in line a few weeks early because the lines for Christian Guzman and Richard Hidalgo are going to be very long. :rolleyes:

Viva Magglio
11-15-2004, 10:11 PM
How about familiar names? Like Pedro Martinez, Carlos Beltran, and Steve Stone.

OEO Magglio
11-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Paul Konerko

I got a feeling he won't be there.

HomeFish
11-15-2004, 10:15 PM
A Ben Davis autograph might well be worth the price of admission. What exactly is the price of admission?

mike squires
11-15-2004, 10:39 PM
I know Harold was a part of Soxfests in the past when he wasn't coaching and all but is he unemployed right now, did he take another position within the organization or can we look forward to taking Maggs place in right this summer?:D:

minastirith67
11-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Does Frank ever do Soxfest?

Brian26
11-15-2004, 10:57 PM
Sometimes....but it's usually a last minute thing. He wasn't there in 2004. I believe he was there in 2003 for one session.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-15-2004, 11:17 PM
How about familiar names? Like Pedro Martinez, Carlos Beltran, and Steve Stone.
Would Love to see White Sox GM Steve Stone on hand with his top free agent signee Pedro Martinez. Carlos Beltran will never happen. Stone and or Martinez are 100 to 1 shots.

thepaulbowski
11-16-2004, 10:28 AM
He usually does (unlike a certain RF on the north-side) but with his injury & rehab, I doubt he would be able to show up this year.

Irishsox1
11-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Frank is in Chicago rehabing his foot, so he should be available.

jabrch
11-16-2004, 10:37 AM
He usually does (unlike a certain RF on the north-side) but with his injury & rehab, I doubt he would be able to show up this year.
ABLE? Or interested...

He'd be able - it's not as if SoxFest requires a ton of physical effort. That said, it would not surprise me at all (nor would I care) to see him not come.

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 10:40 AM
So no one will be there who's autograph I really want then? With the possible exception of Rowand... I have enough Jack McDowell and Minney Minoso balls to choke a horse... looks like this line up just saved me $45 dollars that I was about to spend!

P.S. I would also like to say that I'm looking for a reason to get partial season tickets this year with 2-3 other guys... So far I'm not sure if it would be worth wasting 27 days of my life over... looks like that money will be headed towards bigger and better things again this year...

P.P.S. as a group leader for a Patio Party for the Cubs v Sox Game, I'm happy to see there will be a $12 increase for the tickets to that game.

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 10:47 AM
I was thinking... why do we break ties with so many of our former players? This is what would make Sox fest so much more fun. I know that Bo Jackson and Carlton Fisk still live around Chicago. I know that I would like to see either of them and get them to sign a ball. Maybe hang out with Fisk at the bar afterwards and talk about Orchids or something. For a team with a "small fan base" and few big names on the current roster and even fewer willing to show up for the fans at Sox fest, it would be nice to see some of my old favorites.

HITMEN OF 77
11-16-2004, 10:50 AM
This just made my morning, day, night and week knowing Konerko will be there. That's worth the 6 hour plane ride!

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Here's the Names of players that WON'T BE THERE:

Carlton Fisk
Magglio Ordonez
Frank Thomas
Shingo Takatsu
Randy Johnson
Carlos Beltran
Omar Vizquell
JD DREW
Carl Pavano
Troy Glaus
Adrian Beltre
Edgar Renteria
Pedro MArtinez
Matt Morris
Jason Veritek
Jason Kendall
Uncle Jerry's Check book, but bring yours! The usual 3x mark up on sox stuff will be reduced to 2x on Sunday!

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:39 AM
I know Harold was a part of Soxfests in the past when he wasn't coaching and all but is he unemployed right now, did he take another position within the organization or can we look forward to taking Maggs place in right this summer?:D:harold's unemployed?

Gene

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:42 AM
So no one will be there who's autograph I really want then? With the possible exception of Rowand... I have enough Jack McDowell and Minney Minoso balls to choke a horse... looks like this line up just saved me $45 dollars that I was about to spend!

P.S. I would also like to say that I'm looking for a reason to get partial season tickets this year with 2-3 other guys... So far I'm not sure if it would be worth wasting 27 days of my life over... looks like that money will be headed towards bigger and better things again this year...

P.P.S. as a group leader for a Patio Party for the Cubs v Sox Game, I'm happy to see there will be a $12 increase for the tickets to that game.i dont get autos at soxfest, i'm there to bitch at Kenny.

did you get info on the patioparties already, can you pm or email me the info. my ticket rep's not telling me details.
Gene

whitesoxwilkes
11-16-2004, 11:43 AM
i dont get autos at soxfest, i'm there to bitch at Kenny.

Ahhh, so mature.

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:46 AM
I was thinking... why do we break ties with so many of our former players? This is what would make Sox fest so much more fun. I know that Bo Jackson and Carlton Fisk still live around Chicago. I know that I would like to see either of them and get them to sign a ball. Maybe hang out with Fisk at the bar afterwards and talk about Orchids or something. For a team with a "small fan base" and few big names on the current roster and even fewer willing to show up for the fans at Sox fest, it would be nice to see some of my old favorites.for fisk not showing up...blame this guy
:reinsy
I dont like the rat-bastard, and he charges too much money at card shows anyways. Why pay him his value, when i can get farmer cheep?

as for bo.....dont know....i think bo might be too expensive, he makes good money at shows...and he's running a business now
Gene

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Ahhh, so mature.yeah...but then again, i got most of thier autos, dont like waiting in long lines for guys were' gunna trade away anyway, and i actually prefer going to the seminars and other activities...bitching at kenny is only part of it....
Gene

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:49 AM
This just made my morning, day, night and week knowing Konerko will be there. That's worth the 6 hour plane ride!not if we get randy johnson

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 11:50 AM
i dont get autos at soxfest, i'm there to bitch at Kenny.

did you get info on the patioparties already, can you pm or email me the info. my ticket rep's not telling me details.
Gene
I just emailed my rep asking him to make sure I get on the list for my usual tickets to the Sunday game (requested 10 more tickets this year too as there were lots of unhappy people last year, he doesn't think he can get them though) and to get me on the waiting list for the Saturday game incase any positions there open up. Going into work the next monday after an all you can drink game and bars afterwards is a little rough.

Brian26
11-16-2004, 11:51 AM
yeah...but then again, i got most of thier autos, dont like waiting in long lines for guys were' gunna trade away anyway, and i actually prefer going to the seminars and other activities...bitching at kenny is only part of it....
Gene

There is plenty of time to do autographs and seminars if you strategically plan out your schedule.

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 12:10 PM
There is plenty of time to do autographs and seminars if you strategically plan out your schedule.last year, my girlfriend got most of her autos at the bar...i prefer that over waiting in line. sides....most of these guys' autos are on certified auto cards...i can get clee's auto for 5 bucks, shipping included....why wait in line for 2 hours....
Gene

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 12:12 PM
I just emailed my rep asking him to make sure I get on the list for my usual tickets to the Sunday game (requested 10 more tickets this year too as there were lots of unhappy people last year, he doesn't think he can get them though) and to get me on the waiting list for the Saturday game incase any positions there open up. Going into work the next monday after an all you can drink game and bars afterwards is a little rough.so, what went up? the price of food/boze, or did they stop selling the tix at half price?
Gene

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 12:14 PM
I don't have the total price yet.. but the Cubs individual game tickets went from 33 where we sat last year to 44 this year. I'm kind of hoping that they don't raise everything else?

steff
11-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Ahhh, so mature.

Sure is!!! :tongue: :wink:

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Sure is!!! :tongue: :wink:
I've never met you Steff, but I'll end up going this year just for a repeat performance of last year, please!

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 12:23 PM
I've never met you Steff, but I'll end up going this year just for a repeat performance of last year, please!i'll be there too...brandishing my chainsaw.....and pickfork...who's bringing the torches?
Gene

Brian26
11-16-2004, 12:30 PM
last year, my girlfriend got most of her autos at the bar...i prefer that over waiting in line. sides....most of these guys' autos are on certified auto cards...i can get clee's auto for 5 bucks, shipping included....why wait in line for 2 hours....
Gene

I honestly rather get my autographs in line. The guys seem to pay a bit more attention to what they're doing and have the proper pens/sharpies. In the crowded, dark bar, where the booze is flowing, you're probably not going to get a great autograph. I actually didn't want Richard Dotson to sign my ball a couple of years ago in the bar because I thought he'd smudge the other miscellaneous auto's I already had on it.

I think it's a nice piece of memorablia if you get it signed yourself. I've been collecting some of the certified autos off Ebay too, but isn't cool to actually have an autographed ball that you can say you got yourself?

bafiarocks03
11-16-2004, 03:29 PM
You guys think Willie will be there! That's my reason for going!!:bandance:

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 03:47 PM
You guys think Willie will be there! That's my reason for going!!:bandance:
Unless he has to get on First base to make it there, I would assume he will be.

Brian26
11-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Unless he has to get on First base to make it there, I would assume he will be.

He's a good candidate to be plowed in the Atrium Bar on Friday night too.

mike squires
11-16-2004, 06:03 PM
harold's unemployed?

Gene

Didn't he step down as bench coach??? Wouldn't that make him unemployed?

Takatsufan
11-16-2004, 07:36 PM
I hope Shingo is gonna be there and not in Japan.

:worship: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2004/09/12/fBubtoIn.jpg :yup:

"There are no Cubs fans, only Wrigley Field fans." - Unknown

steff
11-16-2004, 09:46 PM
He's a good candidate to be plowed in the Atrium Bar on Friday night too.

Naaa.. he'll be at the boobie bars. :wink:

El Kenballo
11-16-2004, 10:09 PM
59 days till soxfest WHOOO HOOOO
whos got their room?
lets all meet friday night at the bar 2nd floor after the fest that day.

Soxzilla
11-16-2004, 11:08 PM
i'll be there too...brandishing my chainsaw.....and pickfork...who's bringing the torches?
Gene
I think I'm just going to buy a blank white sox jersey, and than on the back it'll say ...

Wright
Cotts
Glover
Diaz
Munoz
Grilli
Erik Kramer

And the number 5 on the back.

Maybe that will help prove a point.:rolleyes:

StillMissOzzie
11-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I think I'm just going to buy a blank white sox jersey, and than on the back it'll say ...

Wright
Cotts
Glover
Diaz
Munoz
Grilli
Erik Kramer

And the number 5 on the back.

Maybe that will help prove a point.:rolleyes:
Erik Kramer?

SMO
:dunno: