PDA

View Full Version : 9 & 13 Game Details

BeerHandle
11-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Here are the details for the 9/13 game packages. You can purchase them now at www.chisox.com (http://www.chisox.com/)

13 Game Ozzie Plan Guidelines

The Ozzie Plan requires the purchase of two games in each month of the 2005 White Sox home season, and a final game chosen from any month for just $13 per ticket. Each plan is limited to only one game choice against the Chicago Cubs on June 24, 25, or 26. Some Monday dates are not included as a part of this plan. Bleacher seating is very limited, and may not be available for all dates. No Bleacher seating is available for the games played against the Chicago Cubs on June 24, 25, and 26.

The Ozzie Plan includes:
Game 1 Opening Day or any Regular or Monday Priced game. This will be your only chance to order Opening Day using this plan.

Game 2 Choice of a second April game, excluding Opening Day.

Game 3 Choice of any May game, excluding Monday, May 30th.

Game 4 - Choice of a second May game, excluding Monday, May 30th

Game 5 Choice of any game against the Chicago Cubs June 24, 25, or 26, or any other game in June excluding Mondays. This will be your only chance to order a game against the Cubs using this plan. Bleacher seating is not available for games played against the Chicago Cubs.

Game 6 Choice of a second June game, excluding Mondays and June 24, 25, and 26 games against the Chicago Cubs.

Game 7 Choice of any July game, excluding Mondays.

Game 8 Choice of a second July game, excluding Mondays.

Game 9 Choice of any August Game, excluding Mondays.

Game 10 Choice of a second August Game, excluding Mondays.

Game 11 Choice of any September game date.

Game 12 Choice of a second September game date.

Game 13 Choice of any Regular Priced game for just $13 per ticket. Excludes all Mondays, Prime dates, Premier dates and games against the Chicago Cubs on June 24, 25, and 26.

Parking Individual Parking passes can be purchased for all of the games chosen. Just indicate the number of passes you would like to receive for each of the games, and they will be sent along with your game tickets. The price of a parking pass is $16 per game, for a total of $208. The same number of parking passes must be ordered for all
13 games.

9 Game Minnie Plan Guidelines

The Minnie Plan requires the purchase of eight games of the 2005 White Sox home season at full price, and a final game chosen from a list of Regular Priced games for half price. Each plan is limited to only one game choice against the Chicago Cubs on Friday, June 24, or Sunday, June 26. Saturday, June 25 is excluded from this plan, and is only available as part of the 13 Game Ozzie Plan. Some Monday dates are not included as a part of this plan, and some Premier Dates may also be limited. Bleacher seating is very limited, and may not be available for all dates. No Bleacher seating is available for the games played against the Chicago Cubs on June 24, 25, and 26.

The Minnie Plan includes:

Game 1 Cubs Game

Choice of a game against the Chicago Cubs on Friday, June 24 or Sunday, June 26. Saturday June 25 is excluded from this plan. If you do not want one of these games, you may choose any other Regular Priced or Prime date, excluding Opening Day and Mondays. This will be your only chance to order a game against the Cubs using this plan. Bleacher seating is not available for games played against the Chicago Cubs.

Game 2 Opening Day

Opening Day, any other Regular Priced or Prime date, excluding Mondays. This will be your only chance to order Opening Day tickets using this plan.

Game 3 Red Sox Game

Choice of any game against the Boston Red Sox, July 21, 22, 23, or 24. If you do not want one of these games, you may choose any other Regular Priced or Prime date, excluding Opening Day and Mondays.

Game 4 Yankees Game

Choice of any game against the New York Yankees, August 19, 20, or 21. If you do not want one of these games, you may choose any other Regular Priced or Prime date, excluding Opening Day and Mondays.

Game 5 Dodgers Game

Choice of any game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, June 17, 18, or 19. If you do not want one of these games, you may choose any other Regular Priced or Prime date, excluding Opening Day and Mondays.

Game 6 April Game

Choice of any April game excluding Opening Day and Monday April 18.

Game 7 Premier Open Pick

Choice of an additional Premier game featuring the Dodgers, Yankees, or Red Sox. This choice excludes Saturday game. If you do not want one of these games, you may choose any other Regular Priced or Prime date, excluding Opening Day and Mondays.

Game 8 Open Pick excluding Premier Dates

Choice of any Regular, Prime or Monday games excluding Opening Day. Premier priced games and Cubs games are excluded from this pick.

Game 9 Minnie Game for Half Price

Choice of any Regular Priced game for just half the price per ticket. Excludes all Mondays, Prime dates, Premier dates and games against the Chicago Cubs on June 24, 25, and 26.

Parking Individual Parking passes can be purchased for all of the games chosen. Just indicate the number of passes you would like to receive for each of the games, and they will be sent along with your game tickets. The price of a parking pass is $16 per game, for a total of $144. The same number of parking passes must be ordered for all 9 games.

IlliniSox
11-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Can I assume this replaces the Sox 7/9 plans? That's how I get all my Flub and Opener tix.

BeerHandle
11-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Yep.

34 Inch Stick
11-15-2004, 04:47 PM
There was no mention of the 13 game plan giving you a right to playoff tickets. Was that just a rumor or is that still part of the deal. If not I see no reason to go with the 13. The 9 seems to cover good games during the warmer months while still getting Cub and Opening Day tickets.

It's good to see that they are encouraging pre sale of the half price Monday tickets during the warm months (I don't work in teal).

CubKilla
11-15-2004, 04:50 PM
The "Ozzie" and "Minnie" plans huh? Marketing genious :rolleyes: !

I remember when there weren't any restrictions only a few years back. If you wanted tix to the Home Opener and all 3 Cubs games, you got them if they were still available.

I find it laughable that an Organization that has so much trouble drawing diddly as far as attendance goes can put so many restrictions on the fans that actually want to spend money on 9 and 13 game ticket plans.

CubKilla
11-15-2004, 04:52 PM
There was no mention of the 13 game plan giving you a right to playoff tickets. Was that just a rumor or is that still part of the deal. If not I see no reason to go with the 13. The 9 seems to cover good games during the warmer months while still getting Cub and Opening Day tickets.
That's probably still a 27 games and up season ticket deal.

bc2k
11-15-2004, 09:45 PM
I remember when there weren't any restrictions only a few years back. If you wanted tix to the Home Opener and all 3 Cubs games, you got them if they were still available.

I find it laughable that an Organization that has so much trouble drawing diddly as far as attendance goes can put so many restrictions on the fans that actually want to spend money on 9 and 13 game ticket plans.
Ditto.

ewokpelts
11-15-2004, 09:45 PM

It's good to see that they are encouraging pre sale of the half price Monday tickets during the warm months (I don't work in teal).i asked my rep...it's still good
Gene

ewokpelts
11-15-2004, 09:47 PM

It's good to see that they are encouraging pre sale of the half price Monday tickets during the warm months (I don't work in teal).maybe brooks is taking a page from ****-head gallas: walk-up sales rule!
Gene

bc2k
11-15-2004, 09:53 PM
maybe brooks is taking a page from ****-head gallas: walk-up sales rule!
Gene Brooks Boyer is the man I'm holding responsible for these new ticket plan stipulations.

I don't understand how Sox fans here aren't in more of an uproar over this.

Foulke You
11-15-2004, 10:59 PM
The "Ozzie" and "Minnie" plans huh? Marketing genious :rolleyes: !

Couldn't have said it better CubKilla. The Sox had a guaranteed sale of the 9 game package with me until this crapola. I used to buy the 7 game one every year. The main thing I liked about it was I could fax my order in early and get all the games I wanted to see. Now, they most likely just lost me as far as a ticket package sale goes.

White Sox Baseball- Alienating and pissing off what's left of the fanbase since 1994!

pinwheels3530
11-16-2004, 03:15 AM
The plans make sense if gives the Sox more evenly spread out attendance throughout the year. The fans that are complaining are the ones that ONLY show up for the cub series and opening day......but won't support the team the rest of the year.:whiner:

jabrch
11-16-2004, 06:13 AM
The plans make sense if gives the Sox more evenly spread out attendance throughout the year. The fans that are complaining are the ones that ONLY show up for the cub series and opening day......but won't support the team the rest of the year.:whiner:

Well - it could also be the ones who go to 15 games a year, but don't buy a split season because they don't have the flexibility to plan in advance and like to go last minute, but like to be sure that they do have tickets for the entire Cubs series and for opening day.

kittle42
11-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Well - it could also be the ones who go to 15 games a year, but don't buy a split season because they don't have the flexibility to plan in advance and like to go last minute, but like to be sure that they do have tickets for the entire Cubs series and for opening day.
That's me.....and they just lost me on any kind of ticket plan. I guess I'll be scalping tickets for 6 games this year instead of the usual urinal series alone.

jabrch
11-16-2004, 10:40 AM
That's me.....and they just lost me on any kind of ticket plan. I guess I'll be scalping tickets for 6 games this year instead of the usual urinal series alone.
me too...I go to enough games that I actually would have bought 2 pairs of Sox 9s this year so I could have 4 tickets to each Cubs game and bring some of my friends. But with it structured as is, I probably won't even buy 1 set. 9 games - and only guaranteed 1 Cubs game? I don't think so...

BeerHandle
11-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Sox fans love going to all the Sox-Cubs series. If they allowed the 13 game package to include the option to all three of the Sox-Cubs series, opening day and play off opportunity the package would be much better.

If someone bought all three cubs-Sox and opening day, then they would have nine other games. This would be great. Do you remember how many cubs fans were at the Cubs-Sox series? A lot because they bought the 9 game package last year. With the 13 as I described in the above paragraph, I believe Cub fans would be less willing to get a 13 game package.

Sox need to reevaluate the packages!!!

I WAS A SPLIT SEASON OWNER FOR 4 YEARS, WaS PLANNING ON A 13 FOR THIS YEAR AND NOW I DON'T THINK I WILL EVEN DO THAT!:angry:

jabrch
11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Sox fans love going to all the Sox-Cubs series. If they allowed the 13 game package to include the option to all three of the Sox-Cubs series, opening day and play off opportunity the package would be much better.

If someone bought all three cubs-Sox and opening day, then they would have nine other games. This would be great. Do you remember how many cubs fans were at the Cubs-Sox series? A lot because they bought the 9 game package last year. With the 13 as I described in the above paragraph, I believe Cub fans would be less willing to get a 13 game package.

I WAS A SPLIT SEASON OWNER FOR 4 YEARS, WaS PLANNING ON A 13 FOR THIS YEAR AND NOW I DON'T THINK I WILL EVEN DO THAT!:angry:
If the 13 allowed me all 3 Cubs games - I would do it in a heartbeat. But if I will still have to scalp for 2 of those games, there is no reason to lock myself into a schedule so far in advance for games. I'm not concerned about if I can get seats for the great rivalry games like LA, NYY and Boston. I'm sure I'll find seats.

JoseCanseco6969
11-16-2004, 11:20 AM
horrible, horrible, horrible. no way am i getting that garbage. i planned on getting the starting nine each year, but this is ridiculous! hopefully granton will have those coupons again because this sure is gonna decrease my game total from 30+ last year

JoseCanseco6969
11-16-2004, 11:22 AM
what freaking marketing college did these morons graduate from to think this would increase attendance???

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:29 AM
The plans make sense if gives the Sox more evenly spread out attendance throughout the year. The fans that are complaining are the ones that ONLY show up for the cub series and opening day......but won't support the team the rest of the year.:whiner:i'm complaining ...and I'm a 27 game season ticket holder. I went to 40 games of this brain-ded outfit last year.
Gene

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:34 AM

I WAS A SPLIT SEASON OWNER FOR 4 YEARS, WaS PLANNING ON A 13 FOR THIS YEAR AND NOW I DON'T THINK I WILL EVEN DO THAT!:angry:cubs fans bought them from scalpers...the scalpers bought the 9 game packs and sold the non-flub games dirt cheep......and belive it or not, sox 7 was a secret...almost no flub fans did it, or scalpers...it might have something to do with that tix were sold for this series at the box office...i think this newere stategy hurts more...flub fans are NOW MORE DERTEMINED to get tix.....what i hate the most is that you cant offset costs by getting more monday games...in 2001 my lone sox 7 year, i had all mondays, opening day, and one flub game..teh flub game was my dollar game...
Gene

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:35 AM
horrible, horrible, horrible. no way am i getting that garbage. i planned on getting the starting nine each year, but this is ridiculous! hopefully granton will have those coupons again because this sure is gonna decrease my game total from 30+ last yearprobably not...from what heard...brooks dosent like plans that devalue the product....even though the high prices drive away people, thus forcing them to devalue the product.

Gene

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 11:36 AM
what freaking marketing college did these morons graduate from to think this would increase attendance???maybe these guys:

:b&b

work for this guy part time:

:dollarbill:

Brian26
11-16-2004, 11:39 AM

This is me as well. I went to 14 or 15 games last year. I generally enjoy going during the week when the weather is nice, picking and choosing my games. Still, I wish there was a way to have Cubs and opening day guaranteed.

Brian26
11-16-2004, 11:43 AM
If the 13 allowed me all 3 Cubs games - I would do it in a heartbeat. But if I will still have to scalp for 2 of those games, there is no reason to lock myself into a schedule so far in advance for games. I'm not concerned about if I can get seats for the great rivalry games like LA, NYY and Boston. I'm sure I'll find seats.

Exactly. I'm fortunate enough to be in a situation where I can pick and choose my games during the summer based on the weather and who's pitching. I live close enough and don't have kids- I can go basically anytime I want. I don't see ANY advantage of locking into 13 games for the benefit of only having one Cubs game ticket. That's ludicrous. Why be stuck with 12 other games that might have crappy weather or crappy match-ups?

kittle42
11-16-2004, 11:45 AM
But it says "Ozzie Plan" - why wouldn't that make you run out and buy at least two 13-game plans?

mweflen
11-16-2004, 11:52 AM
I feel like I need a Freakin' MIT degree to follow all of the various Sox pricing schemes for 2005. And not just for the aformentioned package plans - just the regular damned schedule! "Premier dates are every game after date X except when the moon is in line with Venus and months that don't end in the letter R"

Whatever. They keep jacking up the prices, do nothing to improve the product on the field (even going to far as to have the GM state that he will not do business with the agent of the 11 best free agents this offseason), and then wonder why people don't show up.

Here's a stroke of marketing genius - take 10,000 seats which are empty 77 dates out of the year (i.e. Upper Reserved), and make them ONE PRICE for the whole season. Make it easy for people to go to a game. No restrictions, no day of game purchase crapola, no packages, just ONE STINKING PRICE, EVERE STINKING GAME OF THE YEAR. If it could be $10, which is still higher than the budget sections of ACTUAL PLAYOFF TEAMS, that would be great, too.

jabrch
11-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Why be stuck with 12 other games that might have crappy weather or crappy match-ups?
I can't think of one good reason... I'll just go out and buy the 3 Cubs games from scalpers, and only take my brother instead of taking guests to games. But I'm not locking myslef into 9 other games at this pint in time just to get the three Cubs and the opening day game. Knowing my luck, I'd have a lot of rain days...

SouthSide_HitMen
11-16-2004, 12:00 PM
cubs fans bought them from scalpers...the scalpers bought the 9 game packs and sold the non-flub games dirt cheep......and belive it or not, sox 7 was a secret...almost no flub fans did it, or scalpers...it might have something to do with that tix were sold for this series at the box office...i think this newere stategy hurts more...flub fans are NOW MORE DERTEMINED to get tix.....what i hate the most is that you cant offset costs by getting more monday games...in 2001 my lone sox 7 year, i had all mondays, opening day, and one flub game..teh flub game was my dollar game...
Gene
I bought the Sox 7 Last Year and it was a great deal - Opening Day, 3 Cubs, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minnesota and went to other games as well (including the two Montreal @ Florida games).

I don't like the new plans / prices. It looks like I will be attending less games in 2005. Hope they will still have Pepsi 1/2 price night.

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 12:05 PM
I bought the Sox 7 Last Year and it was a great deal - Opening Day, 3 Cubs, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minnesota and went to other games as well (including the two Montreal @ Florida games).

I don't like the new plans / prices. It looks like I will be attending less games in 2005. Hope they will still have Pepsi 1/2 price night.there was no sox 7 last year...only starting 9....

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Here's a stroke of marketing genius - take 10,000 seats which are empty 77 dates out of the year (i.e. Upper Reserved), and make them ONE PRICE for the whole season. Make it easy for people to go to a game. No restrictions, no day of game purchase crapola, no packages, just ONE STINKING PRICE, EVERE STINKING GAME OF THE YEAR. If it could be $10, which is still higher than the budget sections of ACTUAL PLAYOFF TEAMS, that would be great, too.
amen brother.......even with the upper deck restrictions...that's a great deal....
Gene

mweflen
11-16-2004, 12:33 PM
amen brother.......even with the upper deck restrictions...that's a great deal....
Gene
Not only is it a great deal, but it's not far off from 2004's average price for UDR, which was 12.85 (this year it's 15.79, I guess that's what happens when your team wins 83 games...), but it's close to the discount sections that good teams offer, most under $10.

duke of dorwood
11-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Brooks Boyer is the man I'm holding responsible for these new ticket plan stipulations.

I don't understand how Sox fans here aren't in more of an uproar over this.
The uproar will be when no one buys them because they are out of reach financially-they are for me-especially adding the parking to it

duke of dorwood
11-16-2004, 01:07 PM
The way to fight the North Side Empire is to offer a distinct affordable opportunity to see MLB against the high prices and limited availability up there.

Its just not being done-and certainly cant compete for the same dollar. It aint happening

BeerHandle
11-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I think I may pass on all packages. Will they still have 1/2 price Pepsi Tuesday and 1/2 Monday.

SoxFan78
11-16-2004, 02:00 PM
I think I may pass on all packages. Will they still have 1/2 price Pepsi Tuesday and 1/2 Monday.
I know they still have half price Monday's. That was released in the 2005 ticket info.

34 Inch Stick
11-16-2004, 02:24 PM
I keep looking this over and looking it over and still cannot find the logic buying the 13. It is more restrictive and yet provides no more benefits than the 9.

Ewok, I assume your response to me was regarding playoff tickets. If buying the 13 gives you a right to playoff tickets, then I suppose that is the benefit. Still, I could save the money it costs to purchase 13 and only purchase 9 and still have more than enough to cover the cost of playoff tickets (iirc they did not sell out in 2000).

Now I may not be smart enough to figure it out. I would love to get a Sox ticket rep on here to explain to me what they see as the benefit of 13 (other than more games). I will not even challenge the explaination in any way. I just would like to know why they think I should buy 13 over 9. Hey, if they do a good job I will be more than happy to buy the 13.

As for now, I will probably buy a 9, including opening day and Cubs friday, and choose the rest of the games that I want. Warm weather with a lot of weekend afternoon sunshine. F being FORCED to buy tickets in April with no corresponding benefit.

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 03:24 PM
I keep looking this over and looking it over and still cannot find the logic buying the 13. It is more restrictive and yet provides no more benefits than the 9.

Ewok, I assume your response to me was regarding playoff tickets. If buying the 13 gives you a right to playoff tickets, then I suppose that is the benefit. Still, I could save the money it costs to purchase 13 and only purchase 9 and still have more than enough to cover the cost of playoff tickets (iirc they did not sell out in 2000).

Now I may not be smart enough to figure it out. I would love to get a Sox ticket rep on here to explain to me what they see as the benefit of 13 (other than more games). I will not even challenge the explaination in any way. I just would like to know why they think I should buy 13 over 9. Hey, if they do a good job I will be more than happy to buy the 13.

As for now, I will probably buy a 9, including opening day and Cubs friday, and choose the rest of the games that I want. Warm weather with a lot of weekend afternoon sunshine. F being FORCED to buy tickets in April with no corresponding benefit.playoff tickets DID sell out for 2000
Gene

BeerHandle
11-16-2004, 04:16 PM
playoff tickets DID sell out for 2000
Gene
They did sell out; however, since we had the day games many seats were empty because people could not get off of work.

CubKilla
11-16-2004, 04:24 PM
The fans that are complaining are the ones that ONLY show up for the cub series and opening day......but won't support the team the rest of the year.:whiner:
That's complete BS. I bought the Sox 7 in 2001 and got 3 tix total each game..... 2 Cubs games, 1 NYY game, 1 Boston game, 1 Seattle game, Opening Day (DET), and 1 Texas game.

I then was a walk-up to approximately 10 more games in 2001 when my friend's and my work schedules coincided.

Anyone willing to drop $$$ on 7-9-13 games before the season even starts is, IMHO, going to go to more games as a walk-up during the season..... especially when a big series is coming up.

Brian26
11-16-2004, 04:27 PM
They did sell out; however, since we had the day games many seats were empty because people could not get off of work.

Not that many seats were open either. Give me a break, that park was packed.

Brian26
11-16-2004, 04:30 PM

I'm having a hard time with this too. On the 13-game plan, your 13th ticket is only $13....even if you bought expensive seats. On the 9-game plan, your 9th game is half price. Conceivably, I guess, if you were going with more expensice tickets, you'd probably get a slight savings on that 13th game...but not much. And by the time you hit the concession stand for a brat and beverage, that savings would be gone anyway. I don't get it, at all.

BeerHandle
11-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Not that many seats were open either. Give me a break, that park was packed.
Not like you see NYY and Boston for playoff games. I was there and there were seats with no one in them for the entire game all around me.

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 04:51 PM
They did sell out; however, since we had the day games many seats were empty because people could not get off of work.there were 44 thousand in teh park...those games are still in the top10 most attended games in cell history

Brian26
11-16-2004, 09:24 PM
there were 44 thousand in teh park...those games are still in the top10 most attended games in cell history
There were probably 3,000 people roaming around the outfield concourse during the game. Remember, this was long before they banned the "Comiskey upgrade".

dcb33
11-16-2004, 10:00 PM
No kidding. I'd rather sit down and do my taxes than try to tackle this ticket plan mess. I don't really see any benefit in getting the 9 plan either, except that you can get tickets at face value to the Cubs games and for Opening Day (which I don't regard as that great of a benefit. Something about blowing a vacation day from work to freeze my ass off just isn't that appealing).
Do they honestly believe that tix to the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers are going to be such hot commodities that you'll need to get a ticket plan months in advance in order to get tickets for these "Prime" dates? I don't think so. The BoSox games did sell out, but you could still have gotten pretty good seats in June. I'm sure they'll go faster this year since the BoSox are the Champs, but I doubt it will be like ticket sales at Wrigley with a bunch of morons waiting 15 hours in 30 degree weather to buy seats behind a pole.
It's terrible you can't substitute for 1/2 games either, but to be honest they should do away with these Mickey Mouse 1/2 Price "Prime and Premier" dates becuase they just confuse everything. The only thing 1/2 price nights really accomplish is drving up the cost of all the other games.

JKryl
11-16-2004, 10:02 PM
I don't know, the jones is starting to kick in. If they start selling them now, they may suck me in once it starts snowing. I think I need help. Or at least a beer.

White Sox baseball, every day is an adventure.