PDA

View Full Version : It's OFFICIAL

GASHWOUND
10-12-2001, 05:49 PM
In about 20 minutes, the Houston Astros will be OUR Chicago Whitesox of last year. Great offenive team with average(injured) starting pitching and a good bullpen in the reg. seaon but hit around in the post season(Wagner Dotel)
and swept like they were nobodies.
It's eery and almost incredible that we have exactly the same team as them and the same results occured.
just like PHG shed a tear the other day when Huston hit into that double play in the 9th, I will shed a tear for the Houston Whitesox...
Simply eery.

chisoxt
10-12-2001, 07:08 PM
And another similiarity....Houston, like the Sox was slumping badly at the tail end of the season. You cannot coast your way into post season! You might make it in, but don't plan on staying for too long.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2001, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
And another similiarity....Houston, like the Sox was slumping badly at the tail end of the season. You cannot coast your way into post season! You might make it in, but don't plan on staying for too long.

Whoops, unless you're the 2000 New York Yankees.

:)

Tragg
10-12-2001, 08:28 PM
Additional comparisons to the ones I posted the other day.

First team out of the playoffs - it's like you never were.

A manager who gets his team to play hard, but who makes many questionable on the field strategic decisions.

I remember last year, I had a busy week, could barely catch any of the games on t.v. It was like all the 5 months of hard work ended in 30 minutes.

GASHWOUND
10-12-2001, 08:40 PM
It was like all the 5 months of hard work ended in 30 minutes.

My feelings exactly. We play 6 months of baseball with the goal to make the playoffs. We stack up a impressive win total, played hard everyday and had fun doing it. We make the playoffs and 10 minutes later..it was over...just like that. All that hard work and nothing. I didn't even have time to enjoy the experience. It's like somebody punched you in the gut and bitch slapped you for the sake of it.

danman31
10-12-2001, 08:46 PM
I didn't even have time to enjoy the experience.

I agree and remember. I was thinking after the Sox clinched it that I couldn't wait to just wallow in the overload of postseason coverage after a Sox win. Just watch Sportscenter over and over and over. But instead, the Sox get swept, and I end up ignoring the playoffs until the LCS and the WS.