PDA

View Full Version : Bonds MVP....again.

SomebodyToldMe
11-15-2004, 01:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpa2lpNnFzBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-nlmvp&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jerko
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Pujols was 3rd with ONE first place vote? Is the BCS in charge of this too?

LAWSfan
11-15-2004, 02:17 PM
The fact the Cardinals had an all star filled lineup to help Pujols, it's not surprising that he finished third. I mean Beltre had who to help him for most of the year? Green? Finley only helped for two months. Same with Bonds. Who else was in the Giants lineup? Nobody.

Pujols had Edmonds, Rolen oh wow they were in the top 10 in MVP voting.

Soxzilla
11-15-2004, 02:37 PM
The fact the Cardinals had an all star filled lineup to help Pujols, it's not surprising that he finished third. I mean Beltre had who to help him for most of the year? Green? Finley only helped for two months. Same with Bonds. Who else was in the Giants lineup? Nobody.

Pujols had Edmonds, Rolen oh wow they were in the top 10 in MVP voting.

Whats even scarier is if you look at what Konerko had in terms of help.

:whiner: Any lineup that has perez batting 2nd, 5th ... or heck, anywhere but 9th, and when Ben Davis is a bright spot. Oh jesus we suck.

DumpJerry
11-15-2004, 04:17 PM
I thought Sammy Sosa was the MVP. That's what he says.

Jerome
11-15-2004, 05:27 PM
This was not even a contest. Look at Bonds' stats. OBP of .600? If didn't take steroids he would be the best player of all time. Even with the steroids, OBP of .600 is pretty special.

doublem23
11-15-2004, 05:46 PM
If didn't take steroids he would be the best player of all time. Even with the steroids, OBP of .600 is pretty special.I think that's a pretty unfair accusation.

MUsoxfan
11-15-2004, 07:10 PM
I think that's a pretty unfair accusation.
What? The OBP? Easily found at many stat-tracking sites.

akingamongstmen
11-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I think that's a pretty unfair accusation.He could end these "unfair accusations" by taking a simple test, and making the results public. I guess I never understood his (and others') logic. If you work hard, and people question your work, wouldn't you love to prove them wrong?

:shammy
"I DO work hard. Do you know how difficult it is to keister that stuff across the border?"

The Critic
11-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Although I'm no fan of his, I gotta give credit to Bonds for the years he's had lately. The way people pitch around him, what he's been able to do with the one or two pitches he gets to hit each game has been nothing short of amazing.

MRKARNO
11-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Congrats to Barry Bonds! If he didnt win then there should be a recount and then another recount because there's no question he was the best player by a longshot.

PaulDrake
11-15-2004, 08:34 PM
I think that's a pretty unfair accusation. I don't and I'm not given to making accusations against anybody about anything flippantly. In time it will all come out and I want to see what Bud and Co or whoever rules the roost then has to say about it.

Jerome
11-15-2004, 10:19 PM
I think that's a pretty unfair accusation.

I'm sorry but that's just my personal belief. Regardless, he's the best player in baseball, has been for the last few years.

Daver
11-15-2004, 10:23 PM
This was not even a contest. Look at Bonds' stats. OBP of .600? If didn't take steroids he would be the best player of all time. Even with the steroids, OBP of .600 is pretty special.
When he is proven guilty, get back to me.

Till then this is complete BS.

Your speculation has no basis in fact.

MUsoxfan
11-15-2004, 10:48 PM

Just out of curiosity, didn't someone testify that he gave 'roids to Bonds on numerous occaisons? I could be wrong, and I might be, but if someone did testify that, I do believe that would be a valid basis for speculation.

hose
11-16-2004, 06:22 AM
When he is proven guilty, get back to me.

Till then this is complete BS.

That is funny.

fquaye149
11-16-2004, 07:10 AM
That is funny.
what IS funny is i don't remember any of this bull**** when mcgwire broke maris' record.

i don't even want to begin to speculate as to why, although he was as "obviously" on roids as bonds is

JRIG
11-16-2004, 07:23 AM
I know. I shocked he even got one first place vote with the season Bonds had! :tongue:

Seriously...there should have been nobody else with a first place vote other than Bonds. His season, once again, was incredible.

hose
11-17-2004, 05:59 AM
what IS funny is i don't remember any of this bull**** when mcgwire broke maris' record.

i don't even want to begin to speculate as to why, although he was as "obviously" on roids as bonds isIf you are trying to say wasn't exposed by the media or you just can't "remember" , try doing a Google search on ...McGwire steroids.

The link below is the first one to come up on the search and it happens to be a kids sight. The article goes on to explain what McGwire used .

http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p2610.htm

Jabroni
11-17-2004, 06:57 AM
That is funny.It is. :tongue:

Do you guys really think McGwire, Bonds, or Sosa never juiced up? Have you seen how skinny McGwire is now? He's a friggin' toothpick! And why did Sosa magically lose 20 pounds this season? Because they are off their cycles now. I predict that Bonds will lose a ton of weight after he retires.