11-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Uribe will be the '05 Opening Day SS

Jjav829
11-14-2004, 04:06 PM
there s a guy I wouldnt mind seeing at SS for a few years
No, and with good reason. He sucks.

MRKARNO
11-14-2004, 04:07 PM
We already decided to give up on the better version of the Gonzalez that was on the Cubs in Valentin. Why the heck would we want the lesser version?

nitetrain8601
11-14-2004, 04:11 PM
If it's Alex Gonzalez of Florida I take him, if you are talking about the one that was traded from the Cubs, I give you a resounding HELL NO!!!!!!!!

oldcomiskey
11-14-2004, 06:40 PM
If it's Alex Gonzalez of Florida I take him, if you are talking about the one that was traded from the Cubs, I give you a resounding HELL NO!!!!!!!!
alright I may his name wrong then but I was thinking of the guy in Boston

southsider17
11-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Orlando Cabrera.

And no thanks!

nitetrain8601
11-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Orlando Cabrera is alright, but he would only be a big impact if we get someone else like a JD Drew. For the money that Orlando will be commanding, he's not worth it. BTW, what about getting JD Drew. In the Cubune it mentions him only commanding 10 mil a year. I would scoop him up real quick.

oldcomiskey
11-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Orlando Cabrera is alright, but he would only be a big impact if we get someone else like a JD Drew. For the money that Orlando will be commanding, he's not worth it. BTW, what about getting JD Drew. In the Cubune it mentions him only commanding 10 mil a year. I would scoop him up real quick.
where I got gonzales i dont know and that dont mean he will get the money just because he asks for it.. and I still say he is better than Guzman

jordan23ventura
11-14-2004, 07:51 PM
where I got gonzales i dont know and that dont mean he will get the money just because he asks for it.. and I still say he is better than GuzmanI'd rather see Uribe/Harris/Valdez out there than have anything at all to do with Alex Gonzalez. The only good thing this guy has ever done was make an error to help ruin the Cubs chances at a World Series. And as awesome as that is, I don't want to see him dropping groundballs on the South Side anytime soon.

Maybe we can have him here for a couple days to sign "Cubs Suck" T-shirts. Other than that, the guy is garbage.

ChiSoxRowand
11-14-2004, 09:13 PM
No. Alex Gonalez is a good fielder (don't let that error in the NLCS fool you) but the guy can't hit at all. I'd rather have Uribe or Valdez. I would like the Sox to go after Cabrera.

RKMeibalane
11-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Not interested. The Sox already have Uribe to step in and play shortstop next season. They would be better off trying to find a replacement for Maggs, as well as someone who can catch full time. Ben Davis had a good season after he was traded from Seattle, but I'm not convinced that he's the best person for the job. OTOH, if the Sox can find a player (Renteria) who can play SS, they could move Uribe to second base and put Harris on the bench.

RKMeibalane
11-14-2004, 09:21 PM
I just looked at the free-agent list, and there are several players availible who can play the shortstop position, and be had for a relatively inexpensive price. I even saw a familiar face on the list. Maybe KW will sign him...

:hitless

"I'm back!"

:hurt :walnuts

"Oh, no..."