PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to open your wallets!

chisoxmike
11-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Boys and girls here are the Prices for tickets in 2005.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/y2005/seating_pricing/index.jsp

:reinsy
"Hahaha, with the price increases we will be able to put together a huge payroll for the 2008 season!"

FightingBillini
11-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey, we gotta raise prices to stay competitive.

MisterB
11-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Note to Sox:

While not discriminating against those with physical impairments is admirable, I think is would be wiser in the future if your seating chart was not made by someone with color-blindness. Thank You.

-Mr. B

:D:

dcb33
11-13-2004, 06:45 PM
At least they kept 1/2 price Mondays.

jabrch
11-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Scout Seating....for 170/200$ per game...

Clembasbal
11-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Scout Seating....for 170/200$ per game...
...you have to buy them as a 81 game plan...not just $200 for any ole' game you want to go to.

Also, $40 to sit in the bleachers for a Cubs game...HA! They must be joking.

The Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers games will definately not be even close to selling out with those prices.

spongyfungy
11-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Is there a pepsi half price tuesday?

lths06
11-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Judging by the seating chart...its offical - no home run porch or elevated seating for next year.:whiner: Probably no last minute renovation announcements.

pudge
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Wow, and to think I was considering coming to town on the Dodgers weekend...

Hey, have they always have this "prime" and post-Memorial Day distinction??

GiveMeSox
11-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey, we gotta raise prices to stay competitive.
I could see a justification of a raise in prices if the demand and popularity of this team was on the rise. Somehow something like 1.7-1.9 mil fans per year with this year losing our best player doesn't strike me as very popular. Raising prices is good when the tickets are the hottest commodity in town cuz it allows you to maximize your popularity and demand. I dont know about you guys but i took AP econ in high school and not once did i learn you should raise prices when supply is high, meaning there are usually a bunch of empty blue seats. Kinda hyprocritical to standard business practices.

CHISOXFAN13
11-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Judging by the seating chart...its offical - no home run porch or elevated seating for next year.:whiner: Probably no last minute renovation announcements.
This ballpark will never have a home run porch, but everyone clamoring for the green seats may get half, if not all of them in place for the coming season.

dcb33
11-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Wow, and to think I was considering coming to town on the Dodgers weekend...

Hey, have they always have this "prime" and post-Memorial Day distinction??Are you kidding me? What a stupid post. You mean to tell me that the couple extra bucks you would have to spend to get tix to the Dodgers game makes the whole proposition of spending a ton of money to fly to Chicago and to stay in a hotel completely unacceptable? If you're really that hard up for cash and still want to see the Sox in Chicago, you're welcome to stay in my basement if you'd like...

This ballpark will never have a home run porch, but everyone clamoring for the green seats may get half, if not all of them in place for the coming season.I'd have to take a pass on that thought if only half the seats will be replaced with green ones. Can you imagine how terrible having half blue seats and half green seats would look? People who don't know any better would think the folks who run the team are complete morons (then again, they are anyway) that ran out of either time or money and subsequently failed to change all of the seats. I don't know about the rest of you, but we've lived with blue seats for 15 years, I'm sure one more year won't kill anyone...

bc2k
11-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Boys and girls here are the Prices for tickets in 2005.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/y2005/seating_pricing/index.jsp

"Hahaha, with the price increases we will be able to put together a huge payroll for the 2008 season!" How upsetting. I always enjoyed attending Friday and Saturday night games along with many 1/2 price night games from the bleachers. I enjoyed looking at the schedule and deciding what teams I wanted to see the Sox play.

Under these restrictions, I of limited budget, have been stripped of these choices. I am being told by the Sox what games I can go to, on which nights, and where I can sit. I don't like this.

voodoochile
11-14-2004, 07:54 AM
I could see a justification of a raise in prices if the demand and popularity of this team was on the rise. Somehow something like 1.7-1.9 mil fans per year with this year losing our best player doesn't strike me as very popular. Raising prices is good when the tickets are the hottest commodity in town cuz it allows you to maximize your popularity and demand. I dont know about you guys but i took AP econ in high school and not once did i learn you should raise prices when supply is high, meaning there are usually a bunch of empty blue seats. Kinda hyprocritical to standard business practices.
Once again, they will have the economic advantage of having the only MLB seats available from about mid-March on.

Casual fans will be a little put off by the prices, but attendance will probably actually increase slightly next year.

voodoochile
11-14-2004, 07:55 AM
How upsetting. I always enjoyed attending Friday and Saturday night games along with many 1/2 price night games from the bleachers. I enjoyed looking at the schedule and deciding what teams I wanted to see the Sox play.

Under these restrictions, I of limited budget, have been stripped of these choices. I am being told by the Sox what games I can go to, on which nights, and where I can sit. I don't like this.
"And it's all your fault."

bc2k
11-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Once again, they will have the economic advantage of having the only MLB seats available from about mid-March on.
So because Wrigley is sold out, Comiskey prices increase? Exhibit 18,999 why I hate Cub fans.

voodoochile
11-14-2004, 10:31 AM
So because Wrigley is sold out, Comiskey prices increase? Exhibit 18,999 why I hate Cub fans.
Yep, Wrigley being sold out, drives up demand for Sox tickets because casual fans can't get tickets to Wrigley, or can by buying scalped ones which are still more expensive than any price increase the Sox will drop on their tickets.

In addition, it causes businesses which want to entertain clients to look elsewhere for their corporate seats. Does the guy you are trying to impress really want to drive to Joliet to see the Jackhammers (nothing against the Jackhammers) or would he rather go to Soxpark and watch MLB teams play?

So corporate groups are forced to look to the Sox to fulfill their needs (which is really the target aucience for those $200/game scout seats).

The Sox get the benefit of selling more season packages and early packages - which in turn makes big games harder to get tickets too - because they lowered seating capacity. That in turn further drives demand for tickets as people start to think ahead - want to see the Yankees in the LD? Better buy those tickets before the season starts. Which in turn causes more seats to be sold and that in turn drives demand for lesser games - better to see the Royals than no team at all.

JR finally figured out his marketing niche. Make the flubbies giants and then pick up the scraps. After all, in a metro area of 7M+ people, there are a LOT of scraps to be picked up...:rolleyes:

SoxFan78
11-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Well from last year's prices, tickets have gone up $2, which is about average. That I don't mind. But I do mind the extra $4 for "prime" games and an extra $10 for the Cubs. Thats just crazy. It's not gonna stop me from going to games (actually I'm waiting for a season ticket rep to get back to me as far as prices go), but the way the Sox have jacked up prices, it makes you think the Sox have been in the playoffs for the past 4 years. And correct me if I'm wrong, but they haven't been there.

Oh well, more of my money gone. I swear, the sox are like a bad drug, I shouldn't spend so much money on them, but I'm addicted.

By the way, can anybody tell me the difference between the premium lower box and the lower box??

Brian26
11-14-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm surprised they even raised the prices on the cheapest seats in the house. Now, on a regular weeknight, it will cost $14 just to get in the door. Those upper deck reserved tickets should be cheaper to cater to younger fans or people on tighter budgets who just want to say they went to a game once a year.

ewokpelts
11-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Well from last year's prices, tickets have gone up $2, which is about average. That I don't mind. But I do mind the extra $4 for "prime" games and an extra $10 for the Cubs. Thats just crazy. It's not gonna stop me from going to games (actually I'm waiting for a season ticket rep to get back to me as far as prices go), but the way the Sox have jacked up prices, it makes you think the Sox have been in the playoffs for the past 4 years. And correct me if I'm wrong, but they haven't been there.

Oh well, more of my money gone. I swear, the sox are like a bad drug, I shouldn't spend so much money on them, but I'm addicted.

By the way, can anybody tell me the difference between the premium lower box and the lower box??premium lower box is the seats between the bases......
Gene

ewokpelts
11-14-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm surprised they even raised the prices on the cheapest seats in the house. Now, on a regular weeknight, it will cost $14 just to get in the door. Those upper deck reserved tickets should be cheaper to cater to younger fans or people on tighter budgets who just want to say they went to a game once a year.agreed.....they should have family section with reduced kids tickets...like the 2004 nl wild card astros or 2003 ws champions marlins
Gene

MisterB
11-14-2004, 12:24 PM
It's not gonna stop me from going to games (actually I'm waiting for a season ticket rep to get back to me as far as prices go), but the way the Sox have jacked up prices, it makes you think the Sox have been in the playoffs for the past 4 years. And correct me if I'm wrong, but they haven't been there.

Check out the ticket prices for these playoff-caliber teams:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ballpark/seating.jsp

The thing I have the most problem with is the lack of true 'cheap seats'. The Yanks, Dodgers, etc. all seem to have some seating that can be had for $10 or less per ticket. But comparatively, the good seats (Club level & LD grandstand) are cheaper than a lot of major market teams.

voodoochile
11-14-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm surprised they even raised the prices on the cheapest seats in the house. Now, on a regular weeknight, it will cost $14 just to get in the door. Those upper deck reserved tickets should be cheaper to cater to younger fans or people on tighter budgets who just want to say they went to a game once a year.
"What do you ingrateful bastards want? I gave you a year of $10 seats up there. Do you realize that is $2/seat less than the year before? Now you expect me to leave them there? I've GOT to make that money back somehow. It's never ending. I give and I give and I give and it's never enough. You all suck and besides, it's all your fault. If you would fill my skyboxes, I might be able to provide reduced ticket ...(snickers)...seats for the games... (snorts)... and then families and kids could...(guffaws)... come to the games and watch my pennant contending team - which I'll build the minute the park sells out for a full season...(burst into laughter)...woooo.... Hey Kenny, get me that box of Kleenex. I've got tears rolling down my face... because I really feel the fan's pain over this ticket increase... (falls out of his chair rolls on the ground clutching his sides)...I... can't...breath..."

nodiggity59
11-14-2004, 02:01 PM
"What do you ingrateful bastards want? I gave you a year of $10 seats up there. Do you realize that is $2/seat less than the year before? Now you expect me to leave them there? I've GOT to make that money back somehow. It's never ending. I give and I give and I give and it's never enough. You all suck and besides, it's all your fault. If you would fill my skyboxes, I might be able to provide reduced ticket ...(snickers)...seats for the games... (snorts)... and then families and kids could...(guffaws)... come to the games and watch my pennant contending team - which I'll build the minute the park sells out for a full season...(burst into laughter)...woooo.... Hey Kenny, get me that box of Kleenex. I've got tears rolling down my face... because I really feel the fan's pain over this ticket increase... (falls out of his chair rolls on the ground clutching his sides)...I... can't...breath..."
I can't breath! LOL

CubKilla
11-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Is this even surprising anymore? Close to nothing this past offseason and ticket, concession, and parking prices went up. I'm willing to bet that both concession and parking prices will be raised before the '05 season opener.

The White Sox better be really active this offseason if they wanna get dime one from me this year.

dcb33
11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Check out the ticket prices for these playoff-caliber teams:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/ballpark/seating.jsp

The thing I have the most problem with is the lack of true 'cheap seats'. The Yanks, Dodgers, etc. all seem to have some seating that can be had for $10 or less per ticket. But comparatively, the good seats (Club level & LD grandstand) are cheaper than a lot of major market teams.
It's nice they offer such cheap seats, but it looks like about 4 seats in Fenway are of the $12 variety, and I'm sure a lot of the people who sit there will pay a lot more after buying from scalpers and all...
It's not hard to offer cheap seats to customers. It's quite another thing to be able to buy one of those tickets considering the demand.

ewokpelts
11-14-2004, 04:41 PM
It's nice they offer such cheap seats, but it looks like about 4 seats in Fenway are of the $12 variety, and I'm sure a lot of the people who sit there will pay a lot more after buying from scalpers and all...
It's not hard to offer cheap seats to customers. It's quite another thing to be able to buy one of those tickets considering the demand.yankees have 55,00 seats...there's plenty of room for cheep seats(exempting the boston series, of course)
Gene

soltrain21
11-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that the word "icing" is involved in the title. I think this is the icing on the cake for the misery known as the last few years.

bc2k
11-15-2004, 03:09 PM
How upsetting. I always enjoyed attending Friday and Saturday night games along with many 1/2 price night games from the bleachers. I enjoyed looking at the schedule and deciding what teams I wanted to see the Sox play.

Under these restrictions, I of limited budget, have been stripped of these choices. I am being told by the Sox what games I can go to, on which nights, and where I can sit. I don't like this. I think I've figured out a solution. Instead of being told by the Sox what games I can attend, on which nights, and where I can sit at Comiskey, I'll go watch games in Milwaukee. I'll go see Bonds and Vizquel with the Giants, Pujols and Edmonds with St. Louis, and do it all on a post-Memorial Day *prime* weekend against *premier* clubs from a lower level seat. And since the Brewers play Minnesota in interleague, maybe I'll attend one of those weekend games.

This might be a good year for roadtripping to other MLB stadiums. It's something I've always wanted to do, and since I've been forced out of my home ballpark, might tour all the Midwest baseball cities this summer. I'll watch the Sox play at Cleveland, Detroit and KC, with stops in STL and MIL.

doublem23
11-15-2004, 03:59 PM

Welcome to capitalism.

pudge
11-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Are you kidding me? What a stupid post. You mean to tell me that the couple extra bucks you would have to spend to get tix to the Dodgers game makes the whole proposition of spending a ton of money to fly to Chicago and to stay in a hotel completely unacceptable? If you're really that hard up for cash and still want to see the Sox in Chicago, you're welcome to stay in my basement if you'd like...

Hey smarty pants, don't jump to conclusions.... I'll be in Minny for a wedding anyway, it's just a matter of when I decide to drive down to Chicago... the fact that they want to gorge me for Dodgers tix makes me consider coming down before the wedding (maybe Arizona series) instead of after. That's all.

mweflen
11-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Unless there are significant payroll increases in 2005, this new pricing scheme is completely indefensible. Our record since 2000 doesn't justify it, inflation doesn't justify it, and salary creep doesn't justify it.

The Upper Reserved prices must be the most egregious of the bunch. Here we have a section which was almost completely empty for 77 out of 81 games. So what do you do? Keep prices static? nah. Heaven forfend - create a budget section, a la last year's playoff teams? Nah...

How about these apples:

Weekday Weekend Cubs
...and $23 for three other series just for good measure!

:reinsy "Screw you, families with children! Screw you, college students! Screw You, working class slobs! I have a dream... a fan base much more similar to the Cubs... yuppies everywhere... yammering on their cellphones, not paying attention to the game.... Oh, it's a vision... Gentrification, baby, yeah!"

FightingBillini
11-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Unless there are significant payroll increases in 2005, this new pricing scheme is completely indefensible. Our record since 2000 doesn't justify it, inflation doesn't justify it, and salary creep doesn't justify it.

The Upper Reserved prices must be the most egregious of the bunch. Here we have a section which was almost completely empty for 77 out of 81 games. So what do you do? Keep prices static? nah. Heaven forfend - create a budget section, a la last year's playoff teams? Nah...

How about these apples:

Weekday Weekend Cubs
...and $23 for three other series just for good measure!

:reinsy "Screw you, families with children! Screw you, college students! Screw You, working class slobs! I have a dream... a fan base much more similar to the Cubs... yuppies everywhere... yammering on their cellphones, not paying attention to the game.... Oh, it's a vision... Gentrification, baby, yeah!"
Now you've done it. You are gonna get a waive of intelligent backlash telling you Reinsdorf will make more money on a half empty park than on a full one with slightly cheaper seats. They are saying "He makes no money on empty seats so he might as well raise prices for the people who go" "Jerry is losing money!" "Our tickets are still cheaper than Boston's." And my personal favorite... "CHEAPER TICKETS WONT BRING MORE FANS TO THE PARK."

ewokpelts
11-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Now you've done it. You are gonna get a waive of intelligent backlash telling you Reinsdorf will make more money on a half empty park than on a full one with slightly cheaper seats. They are saying "He makes no money on empty seats so he might as well raise prices for the people who go" "Jerry is losing money!" "Our tickets are still cheaper than Boston's." And my personal favorite... "CHEAPER TICKETS WONT BRING MORE FANS TO THE PARK.":reinsy
it's true you bastards
Gene

Takatsufan
11-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Could we oust Reinsdorf out of power? If we did, I don't think anyone would care that he's gone.

:supernana:

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Could we oust Reinsdorf out of power? If we did, I don't think anyone would care that he's gone.

:supernana:can we use pitchforks? and torches?
Gene

Baby Fisk
11-16-2004, 12:27 PM
It might actually get into one of the Chicago papers.

mweflen
11-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Well, time to beat the annual dead horse...

Here are last year's average ticket prices vs. this year's, accounting for various pricing dates.

..............................2004.........2005... ..$Increase...%increase
Premium Club Box.......38.81........43.18.........$4.37........ ..11.25%
Club Box...................37.02........41.29.........$ 4.27..........11.5%
Premium Lower Box.....27.17........41.29.........$14.12......... 51.9%
Lower Box.................27.17........30.90.........$3. 73..........13.7%
Lower Reserved..........23.59........28.06.........$4.47 .........18.9%
Bleachers..................21.80........25.23..... ....$3.43..........15.7%
Premium Upper Box......18.22........21.45.........$3.23......... .17.7%
Upper Box..................16.43.......19.56..........$3 .13..........19%
Upper Reserved...........12.85.......15.79..........$2.9 4..........22.8%
.................................................. .......................................

Sigh. So what conclusions can we draw?

Well, maybe the payroll will increase by 12-15%? We can only hope I suppose. This would mean a payroll of about $78 million, up from $68 in 2004. Excuse me, however, if I do not begin holding my breath just yet.

Certainly inflation annually has not been 12-15%. So that doesn't account for it.

Does our 83-79 record justify an increase to retain current talent? Um... no.

Given our lack of success in the standings, and our as-of-yet paltry prospects via free agency and trade, I have to say I'm pretty upset and downbeat.

On the upside, there are 9 half price dates this season, as opposed to 4 last year. But on the downside, there are 10 "Premier" dates which have essentially last year's Cubs pricing, and Cubs dates this year have shot through the roof.

Well, if they want to draw more Cubs fans to the park, I think this pricing scheme may succeed. Whatever Cubs fans are interested in seeing a MLB game on the South Side will likely find these prices within their means. The Gentrifying of Comiskey Park is definitely in full swing.

Me, on the other hand, find something else much more within my means: 60 bones a month for Comcast HD cable, 162 games. (That's an average of $2.22 per game, if you're keeping count) The concessions are a little different on my couch, but the seating is comfortable and the view is nice. And if I want to "upgrade" my seating by scooting in or putting my feet up, no teenage ushers will be hassling me. I can probably smuggle booze in, too, without being frisked by surly off-duty cops.

I'll miss my Sox in person. Maybe I'll go to the 9 mondays, maybe I won't. But my run of 5 consecutive seasons with 30 or more games is definitely over. I guess I can look back fondly on the days of 2000-2004, and hold a special place in my heart for the notion of slow, painful torture until death of Reinsdorf and company. Eat $#!* and die, Satan!

Ol' No. 2
11-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Unless they start winning, in which case you'll be right there with the rest of us.:smile:

mweflen
11-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Well, Ol No. 2, I reserve the right to not be filled with so much hatred and malice IF the Sox increase payroll to the $78-80mm level. If they actually go ahead and do this, I'll feel a lot better about across-the board 15% price increases after an 83-79 season.

However, it still will be more difficult for me to attend games in person given the new pricing structure.

I am definitely fed up with years of ticket price increases well beyod inflation rates with no tangible results in the standings. I'm forced to start voting with my wallet and my behind - wallet firmly in pocket, behind firmly on couch.

JKryl
11-16-2004, 01:21 PM
You forgot to add in the increases for the "premium " days, like Sox/Cubs, etc.

SoxFan76
11-16-2004, 01:21 PM
It's like he is single handedly trying to bring the fanbase down to nothing. I think we have the 2nd worst owner in all of sports.

bc2k
11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Well, time to beat the annual dead horse...

Here are last year's average ticket prices vs. this year's, accounting for various pricing dates.

mweflen, I like reading your ticket prices threads. I remember one you had about bleacher seating (my personal seating preference) and how when Comiskey II first opened, bleacher seats were the cheapest seats in the park. It was only after Comiskey's UD got such a bad reputation and people avoided it, that the Sox made the UD the cheap seats to encourage more UD attendance.

mweflen
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
You forgot to add in the increases for the "premium " days, like Sox/Cubs, etc.
They're factored in. I took the distribution of dates, and did the algebra:
40 Regular
19 Prime
10 Premier
3 Cubs
9 Half Price

mweflen
11-16-2004, 01:29 PM
mweflen, I like reading your ticket prices threads. I remember one you had about bleacher seating (my personal seating preference) and how when Comiskey II first opened, bleacher seats were the cheapest seats in the park. It was only after Comiskey's UD got such a bad reputation and people avoided it, that the Sox made the UD the cheap seats to encourage more UD attendance.
1991 Ticket Prices (Brom George Bova's great article on WSI):
Club Level: $16.00
Lower Box: $13.00
Upper Box: $11.00
Lower Rsvd: $9.00
Upper Rsvd.: $8.00
Bleachers: $6.00

LauraJ14
11-16-2004, 01:38 PM
I think I've figured out a solution. Instead of being told by the Sox what games I can attend, on which nights, and where I can sit at Comiskey, I'll go watch games in Milwaukee. I'll go see Bonds and Vizquel with the Giants, Pujols and Edmonds with St. Louis, and do it all on a post-Memorial Day *prime* weekend against *premier* clubs from a lower level seat. And since the Brewers play Minnesota in interleague, maybe I'll attend one of those weekend games.

This might be a good year for roadtripping to other MLB stadiums. It's something I've always wanted to do, and since I've been forced out of my home ballpark, might tour all the Midwest baseball cities this summer. I'll watch the Sox play at Cleveland, Detroit and KC, with stops in STL and MIL.
I went to a weekday game this past season at Miller park to see St Louis play and my box seat ticket was more expensive than that same seat at US Cellular.
People act like the Sox have the highest seat prices out there but they don't, in fact they have some of the more reasonable prices.

mweflen
11-16-2004, 01:56 PM
It's like he is single handedly trying to bring the fanbase down to nothing. I think we have the 2nd worst owner in all of sports.
Who is the first? Bulls Owner Jerry Reinsdorf?

SoxFan76
11-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Who is the first? Bulls Owner Jerry Reinsdorf?
Well I was implying Wirtz, but that's a good point....

BeerHandle
11-16-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm one upset Sox fan. :angry:

First, JR promised he would raise the salary if fans came out last year. Didn't we draw the most amount of Fans in 10 years? The result, no indication in the increase in salary; however, an increase in ticket prices.

I think the biggest B.S. is the increase in ticket prices for the BosSox, Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs series.

Take a look....

Premium Tickets (Boston, NYY and Dodgers) = 32% on average increase from regular prices

Cubs Series = 49% on average increase from regular prices

WHAT I SEE IS THAT JR IS CHARGING US MORE TO SEE BETTER BASEBALL FROM TEAMS THAT FIELD WINNING TEAMS WHILE THE SOX SIT IN MEDIOCRITY.

Can anyone explain?

mweflen
11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Well, the jury's still out on payroll increases. Not that I'm holding my breath...

Tekijawa
11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
we had a pretty hefty attendance going into August, we stunk it up and the attendance sunk, we finished with less than last year by a few thousand

BeerHandle
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
we had a pretty hefty attendance going into August, we stunk it up and the attendance sunk, we finished with less than last year by a few thousand
You are correct. I thought we still had 2 mil. Never the less, the prices are ridiculous for the Premium and Cubs Series.

Here are the attendance stats.

YEAR-PAYROLL - ATTENDANCE
1993 - $34.6m - 2.58 million
1994 - $38.4m - 1.69 million
1995 - $39.6m - 1.60 million
1996 - $41.9m - 1.67 million
1997 - $54.3m - 1.86 million
1998 - $36.8m - 1.39 million
1999 - $24.5m - 1.34 million
2000 - $31.1m - 1.94 million
2001 - $65.6m - 1.76 million
2002 - $57.1m - 1.67 million
2003 - $51.0m - 1,939,524
2004 - $65.2m - 1,930,537

Region Sox
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
I am failing to see the logic. What justification do they have to cut half price nights and eliminate the $1 game from the 9 game pacakage? Are tickets in such high demand that they can make more money? Did they just make a playoff run and feel the increase is fair? Am I missing something?

I can see how half price nights got out of control- part of that is management's fault. They would have security and staff for a typical weekday game and were unable to handle the large walk up crowd.

But now the buy eight get one is gone as well making the 9th a half price. I have to reason to believe it is even worth watching this team for half price.

It all goes back to last year when it was said in the preseason "You want better players? Buy more tickets". We did. We got Carl Everett. That is like a restaurant saying we are going to serve crappy food until people start visiting. That is like a motor company saying we are going to make a car that breaks down until people buy it. I have extremely limited knowledge of economics but I understand basic supply and demand. Get good players and win = more fans! More jerseys sold, more food sold, more parking passes sold. This is just ridiculous. I am starting to feel more and more like I did in 1995 when I just didnt care about professional baseball. It sucks because my other favorite team the Blackhawks is exactly the same way. They just don't care about the fans. I would be fine with paying full price if it was worth it.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Rush20
11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
I can understand the Cubs/Sox ticket prices, however I don't like the idea of setting higher price standards for specific teams. Does that mean games against KC, Tampa Bay, Texas, etc. should be reduced as well? JR logic indicates this?

By doing this he will get exactly what he deserves. Good high-paying crowds for "premimum" teams and low attendance for everything else.

Rocky Soprano
11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
I cant wait till Sox Fest, I want to hear what they come up with next. Last year they kept crying that we need to show up first. Well the fans showed up, not as much towards the end cause the team choked. If they dont raise payroll this year I will have a ton to say to them. :angry:

anewman35
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
A number of teams in baseball (including the Cubs) have different price levels like this. If people think the payroll sucks now, don't you think it would be even worse if the Sox didn't use all the same tricks that other teams did?

anewman35
11-16-2004, 02:52 PM
If they dont raise payroll this year I will have a ton to say to them. :angry:
I guarentee you they will raise payroll, just like they did last year. I'm sure it won't be enough for anybody here, but that's too bad - they have been raising it.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-16-2004, 03:01 PM
I guarentee you they will raise payroll, just like they did last year. I'm sure it won't be enough for anybody here, but that's too bad - they have been raising it.
Anewman35 is correct. They have doubled their payroll from the day Kenny Williams was hired and yet regressed by ten wins over the past 4 years. Give Kenny a lifetime contract. Hurry before Boras represents him. LOL

soxtalker
11-16-2004, 03:19 PM
I can understand the Cubs/Sox ticket prices, however I don't like the idea of setting higher price standards for specific teams. Does that mean games against KC, Tampa Bay, Texas, etc. should be reduced as well? JR logic indicates this?

By doing this he will get exactly what he deserves. Good high-paying crowds for "premimum" teams and low attendance for everything else.

Reducing the cost of seats for those less desirable teams is a good idea. In fact, they did this to some degree last year with the Granton tickets. You couldn't use those for the Cubs or Red Sox, and they were only applicable to the upper deck. So if effectively reduced the cost of less desirable tickets. I haven't heard of any similar plan for next year, yet, but maybe they'll have something.

ewokpelts
11-16-2004, 03:23 PM
I am failing to see the logic. What justification do they have to cut half price nights and eliminate the $1 game from the 9 game pacakage? Are tickets in such high demand that they can make more money? Did they just make a playoff run and feel the increase is fair? Am I missing something?

I can see how half price nights got out of control- part of that is management's fault. They would have security and staff for a typical weekday game and were unable to handle the large walk up crowd.

But now the buy eight get one is gone as well making the 9th a half price. I have to reason to believe it is even worth watching this team for half price.

It all goes back to last year when it was said in the preseason "You want better players? Buy more tickets". We did. We got Carl Everett. That is like a restaurant saying we are going to serve crappy food until people start visiting. That is like a motor company saying we are going to make a car that breaks down until people buy it. I have extremely limited knowledge of economics but I understand basic supply and demand. Get good players and win = more fans! More jerseys sold, more food sold, more parking passes sold. This is just ridiculous. I am starting to feel more and more like I did in 1995 when I just didnt care about professional baseball. It sucks because my other favorite team the Blackhawks is exactly the same way. They just don't care about the fans. I would be fine with paying full price if it was worth it.

:angry: :angry: :angry::reinsy

it's your fault fans.....

Palehose13
11-16-2004, 03:23 PM
I guarentee you they will raise payroll, just like they did last year. I'm sure it won't be enough for anybody here, but that's too bad - they have been raising it.Some people don't realize that it has doubled since 2000. Maybe sometimes it's about getting the right players, not necessarily the most expensive ones.

jabrch
11-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Some people don't realize that it has doubled since 2000. Maybe sometimes it's about getting the right players, not necessarily the most expensive ones.
JR is cheap - don't bother the haters with things like reality. Unless we win - JR is cheap. I have no problem with being unhappy with the outputs, but the team's inputs just don't seem out of line to me relative to the projectable revenues.

Baby Fisk
11-16-2004, 03:26 PM

By doing this he will get exactly what he deserves. Good high-paying crowds for "premimum" teams and low attendance for everything else.Anyone know off hand how many teams are doing this? Toronto introduced "Premium Games" a few seasons ago. Some folks here seem taken aback by this, I'm just wondering if this is not common practice around MLB. (Once one team hits on a money making idea, others tend to follow...case in point: how many freakin' teams wear black now?)

jabrch
11-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Anyone know off hand how many teams are doing this? Toronto introduced "Premium Games" a few seasons ago. Some folks here seem taken aback by this, I'm just wondering if this is not common practice around MLB. (Once one team hits on a money making idea, others tend to follow...case in point: how many freakin' teams wear black now?)
The Northsiders do it. They have three pricing tiers based not only on the team you play, but when you play them. The mid-summer games are all in the middle price tier. The low one was only about 15 games, most of which were in the first two monts during the middle of the week.

Palehose13
11-16-2004, 03:46 PM
JR is cheap - don't bother the haters with things like reality. Unless we win - JR is cheap. I have no problem with being unhappy with the outputs, but the team's inputs just don't seem out of line to me relative to the projectable revenues.
I agree. IMO, I think we should be really pissed if the payroll was still 31mil...but we're not the Brewers. :D:

Rex Hudler
11-16-2004, 03:49 PM

:angry: :angry: :angry:
More tickets weren't sold last year. I also find it strange that you are bitching about them not improving the team for next year, yet the Winter Meetings have not yet arrived. A bit premature, don't ya think?

jabrch
11-16-2004, 03:51 PM
I agree. IMO, I think we should be really pissed if the payroll was still 31mil...but we're not the Brewers. :D:
The Brewers drew 2.06mm last season. We drew 1.93. Our payroll was twice theirs... Our ticket prices are more expensive. Our TV/Radio contracts are worth more - but its not like we are outdrawing them... It's about projectable revenues gang.

Region Sox
11-16-2004, 03:52 PM
and they will dump the fan favorite, Paul Konerko. Thanks Sox!

Palehose13
11-16-2004, 03:55 PM
The Brewers drew 2.06mm last season. We drew 1.93. Our payroll was twice theirs... Our ticket prices are more expensive. Our TV/Radio contracts are worth more - but its not like we are outdrawing them... It's about projectable revenues gang.
Ah yes, thanks to the many scrub faithful that came in droves about 9 times last year.

Anyway, now that the Brewers are out of Selig's control rumors around Milwaukee is that the new owner wants to increase payroll and make a run at it. I guess we'll see. A freind of mine (Brewer fan) had the pipedream of Beltran coming to Milwaukee. I thought "Why in the world would he go to Milwaukee?" but I guess stranger things have happened...ARod did go to Texas.

jabrch
11-16-2004, 03:55 PM
I think what you are saying sounds familiar...

You mean to say JR is cheap and KW is stupid, right? Cuz at the end of the day, that's got to be it.

Rocky Soprano
11-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Considering that we are losing Maggs and his big contract, are they going to out and make a big splash to make up for losing his numbers?

I don't think so.

So 14MM + 5MM saved on Valentin + whatever they plan on raising payroll, thats a lot of money. And I am willing to bet they dont spend all that money.

DMarte708
11-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I also find it strange that you are bitching about them not improving the team for next year, yet the Winter Meetings have not yet arrived. A bit premature, don't ya think?Ah yes, the classic prolonging of mediocrity. Where did I hear this before? I believe it was last season....when gaping holes in the rotation were left unpatched.

Guess when the winter meetings come and go, and nothing happens, you'll say "Spring training is still 3 months away; plenty of time to make a deal." Then when Sox sit on their hands OR sign scrub players, you'll suggest "Sox will make a move midseason....."

Unless Williams proves us wrong, fans have EVERY right to complain about increased ticket prices and lack of offseason moves. Since when does this organization deserve the benefit of doubt?

robertks61
11-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Ah yes, the classic prolonging of mediocrity. Where did I hear this before? I believe it was last season....when gaping holes in the rotation were left unpatched.

Guess when the winter meetings come and go, and nothing happens, you'll say "Spring training is still 3 months away; plenty of time to make a deal." Then when Sox sit on their hands OR sign scrub players, you'll suggest "Sox will make a move midseason....."

Unless Williams proves us wrong, fans have EVERY right to complain about increased ticket prices and lack of offseason moves. Since when does this organization deserve the benefit of doubt?Correct!

BeerHandle
11-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Considering that we are losing Maggs and his big contract, are they going to out and make a big splash to make up for losing his numbers?

I don't think so.

So 14MM + 5MM saved on Valentin + whatever they plan on raising payroll, thats a lot of money. And I am willing to bet they dont spend all that money.
I agree.

jdm2662
11-16-2004, 04:28 PM
For the record, when that guy from ESPN in the 2003 season went on tour of all the ballparks and rated them, he mentioned the Devil Rays, of all teams, have premium ticket prices. This is nothing new in baseball.
________
Blowjob redhead (http://www.****tube.com/categories/358/redhead/videos/1)

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-16-2004, 04:31 PM

I don't think so.

So 14MM + 5MM saved on Valentin + whatever they plan on raising payroll, thats a lot of money. And I am willing to bet they dont spend all that money. A lot of it has already been spent with the acquistions of garcia, contreras, and everett. Also, there are raises to Frank Thomas, Takatsu, and other players. In my opinion, if the white sox decide to use all the money from Maggs on the current roster, the white sox will never win anything.

I_Liked_Manuel
11-16-2004, 05:33 PM
and they will dump the fan favorite, Paul Konerko. Thanks Sox!

probably because my grandmother runs faster and hits into a lot less double plays than your 'fan favorite'. should we keep jose too? by all accounts, he's a fan favorite.

StillMissOzzie
11-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Anyone know off hand how many teams are doing this? Toronto introduced "Premium Games" a few seasons ago. Some folks here seem taken aback by this, I'm just wondering if this is not common practice around MLB. (Once one team hits on a money making idea, others tend to follow...case in point: how many freakin' teams wear black now?)
I know that the Colorado Rockies did this last year, as I managed to catch a game on our way home from Yellowstone last year. Lucky for me, we saw the Rockies play the Brewers, so NO premium prices.

SMO
:happybday to me!

Lip Man 1
11-16-2004, 05:35 PM
DMarte:

Exactly correct. The same **** are making the exact same claims as last off season. 'There's plenty of time...' LOL Who knows maybe they've been apologzing for the past 24 years?

Lip

jake27
11-16-2004, 05:41 PM
there goes my normal "all i need is $20 for a ticket and soda" :cuss:

Palehose13
11-16-2004, 05:43 PM
For the record, when that guy from ESPN in the 2003 season went on tour of all the ballparks and rated them, he mentioned the Devil Rays, of all teams, have premium ticket prices. This is nothing new in baseball.
Yes, they do. I went to see the Sox play them last spring. The prices aren't listed on the website now, but IIRC the most expensive seats (around home plate) were called Kane's Club and were about $175. There were quite a few different price ranges...none even close to what you pay at USCF for lower deck box.

voodoochile
11-16-2004, 06:06 PM
You've got it backwards. They didn't make the UD seats cheaper, they made ALL LD seats more expensive. It wasn't intended to make the UD more attractive but to increase revenue generated by the "cool seats".

This is also exactly why all of the renovation projects have added seats downstairs while decreasing seating upstairs...

WikdChiSoxFan
11-16-2004, 07:49 PM
I don't want an $80 million dollar team on the field. I want my White Sox on the field and I want to be able to afford to see them often!!!

Who can we write to in the sox organization to express our disgust?

BeerHandle
11-17-2004, 09:18 AM
I don't want an $80 million dollar team on the field. I want my White Sox on the field and I want to be able to afford to see them often!!!

Who can we write to in the sox organization to express our disgust?
Brook Boyer
bboyer@chisox.com

anewman35
11-17-2004, 12:39 PM
You don't want an $80 million dollar team? Don't you know anything? The team has NO CHANCE of making the playoffs without a team at least that expensive (and, $90 million or $100 million would be much better!) Of course, even if they had an $80 million team, JR would be too cheap to spend more, and KW would be too stupid to use it, so we never have any chance ever! :whiner:

jabrch
11-17-2004, 12:49 PM
You don't want an $80 million dollar team? Don't you know anything? The team has NO CHANCE of making the playoffs without a team at least that expensive (and, $90 million or $100 million would be much better!) Of course, even if they had an $80 million team, JR would be too cheap to spend more, and KW would be too stupid to use it, so we never have any chance ever! :whiner: You got it...cheap and stupid

What's funny is how smart and spendy all the crybabies must be...If they owned/managed the team it would be all better.

Don't forget to add that the team is a complete and utter failure if they don't make the playoffs and that we should spend all of our time attacking and insulting managaement rather than just enjoying the good parts about the game... Those who do try and enjoy a team even though it won't win a championship are bad fans. We aren't nearly as smart as those who complain.

Lip Man 1
11-17-2004, 12:51 PM
One thing about the charter members of the **** club...they follow the party line. 'It's all your fault!' LOL

Lip

jabrch
11-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Brook Boyer
bboyer@chisox.com
Brooks

anewman35
11-17-2004, 03:51 PM
One thing about the charter members of the **** club...they follow the party line. 'It's all your fault!' LOL

Lip
It has nothing to do with being a ****. It has everything to do with understanding that this is a buisness, and money doesn't come from nowhere.

FightingBillini
11-17-2004, 04:07 PM
You got it...cheap and stupid

What's funny is how smart and spendy all the crybabies must be...If they owned/managed the team it would be all better.

Don't forget to add that the team is a complete and utter failure if they don't make the playoffs and that we should spend all of our time attacking and insulting managaement rather than just enjoying the good parts about the game... Those who do try and enjoy a team even though it won't win a championship are bad fans. We aren't nearly as smart as those who complain.
Cheap and stupid shouldnt be in teal. I enjoy the game as much as anyone else, but its hard to see your team lose year after year, lose all the good players it raises, refuse to spend top dollar the majority of the time, and ocassionally spend top dollar at one position only to cut money at a few others. Its frustrating as hell. Thats why we are here. Thats why we make threads about who we want the Sox to sign. Thats why we bitch. WE WANT TO WIN. If I live 80 more years and the Sox dont win, I will go to my grave loving the White Sox. That isnt the question. Complaining doesnt mean I love the team any less, in fact, it means I love them more. We are not Cubs fans, and we dont think losing is cute. I go to several games a year. There is no better experience for me than going to the ballpark. I love everything about it. However, I get angry sitting and watching the Sox lose night after night (sorry, bad year for the Sox with me in attendence). If you dont want to be part of a fanbase that bitches and moans becuase the team hasnt won in 87 years and ownership keeps telling us "whats the hurry?", then buy yourself a Cubs hat, my friend.

anewman35
11-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Cheap and stupid shouldnt be in teal.
I'm just curious - how much would you say the payroll had to be before the team was no longer "cheap"?

Flight #24
11-17-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm just curious - how much would you say the payroll had to be before the team was no longer "cheap"?
White Sox math: The Sox will always be cheap unless the payroll is X+30 where X = the current payroll. This relationship holds true for all values of X until/unless the team wins a WS.

voodoochile
11-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Whatever it takes to fill most of the glaring holes on the team. Don't ask how much it costs in dollars, ask how much it costs in terms of pride and lost fan base to not do it.

Win the division 3 years in a row, make a serious run or two at the pennant and the money won't matter so much.

However, if I have to put a dollar figure on it, I think $80M is a good starting point that should allow the Sox to fill 2-3 holes in the lineup this year which would make me much happier than I presently am with the prospects of the coming season.

FightingBillini
11-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Whatever it takes to fill most of the glaring holes on the team. Don't ask how much it costs in dollars, ask how much it costs in terms of pride and lost fan base to not do it.

Win the division 3 years in a row, make a serious run or two at the pennant and the money won't matter so much.

However, if I have to put a dollar figure on it, I think $80M is a good starting point that should allow the Sox to fill 2-3 holes in the lineup this year which would make me much happier than I presently am with the prospects of the coming season.
Bingo. Meanwhile, others on this board will continue to say "we spend the most in our division, be happy with that. We should win it every year, its not management's fault." Every season we enter with glaring holes in the lineup - ITS BECUASE JR IS CHEAP! We are looking towards another year of the mystery 5th starter. Oh no, its not cheapness.

CubKilla
11-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Oh no, its not cheapness.It's fiscal responsibility. The White Sox, as an Organization, shouldn't get into a bidding war for anyone!!!!!

Lip Man 1
11-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Despite what Uncle Jerry said this club did not lose the division last year because of just the 5th starter.

Try the addition of 2nd base, 3rd base and catcher along with one or two bullpen set up men and you have a better view of the problem.

Oh by the way ALL of those problems remain heading into 2004.

Lip

anewman35
11-18-2004, 07:56 AM
Despite what Uncle Jerry said this club did not lose the division last year because of just the 5th starter.

Try the addition of 2nd base, 3rd base and catcher along with one or two bullpen set up men and you have a better view of the problem.

Oh by the way ALL of those problems remain heading into 2004.

I'm curious. How many teams in baseball do not have ANY holes. List them. I'll wait. Ok, how many only have one or two holes? Three?

One thing I know for sure - NOBODY else has 6 holes, like we do. It's all because we're cheap and stupid.

Lip Man 1
11-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Anewman:

How many teams have the gall to consider themselves 'contenders' with four or five holes?

Answer...it's a very short list for obvious reasons.

Lip

Justafan
11-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, this JR and KW bashing is nonsense. Have you all forgotten all the playoff series the Sox have won since 1917?

anewman35
11-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Anewman:

How many teams have the gall to consider themselves 'contenders' with four or five holes?

Answer...it's a very short list for obvious reasons.

Lip
About half the teams in baseball think they're contenders going into the season, I'd say. Many of those teams have many more holes than we do.

One thing in particular that annoys me is whining about the 5th starter. Would a good 5th starter be great? Sure. But does every great team have a great fifth starter? Do teams with great fifth starters sometimes not make the playoffs?

Lip Man 1
11-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Anewman:

Those 20 starts the Sox have basically pissed away the past two years have come back to bite them in the ass come September hasn't it?

I fail to see your logic. 'Very few teams have decent 5th starters so why should we?'

Well consider if the Sox HAD a decent 5th starter how much of an advantage that would give them against teams who don't have one. Maybe enough to say make up four games like in 2003?

The dumbing down of Sox fans continues. Why strive to be excellent when you can be so mediocre. (After all excellence costs money...)

Half the teams in baseball play in the A.L. East with the Yanks and Boston, the A.L. West with the Angels and A's, the N.L. East with 13 straight Braves titles and N.L. West with the Dodgers and Giants. 'Half' the teams in baseball have zero chance because of those divisions.

The only, and I stress only, reason the Sox can make the bizarre claim that they are 'contenders' despite not having a catcher, 2nd baseman, 3rd baseman, soon to be RF, a 5th starter and two bullpen arms, is because they play in the lousy A.L. Central.

And they can't even win that crap!

Lip

Wsoxmike59
11-18-2004, 08:47 PM
http://anaheim.angels.mlb.com/ana/ballpark/view_seat/view_seat_259.html

This seat in Anaheim costs $9 for adults....$5 for kids....EVERYDAY!!!!

http://anaheim.angels.mlb.com/ana/ballpark/view_seat/view_seat_511.html

This seat costs $12....any night of the week!

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view138.jpg

Turner Field Atlanta, GA LF seats $18 Every Day

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view413.jpg

Turner Field Upper Boxes INF $12-15 Every Day

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view159.jpg

LF seating....$13 on Monday....$26-40 Tue-Sun

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/seating_views/photo_seating_view542.jpg

Upper Box $10 on Monday $20-34 Tue-Sun

This new pricing structure SUCKS. It's outrageous. How can we be so much HIGHER in ticket price than teams such as Anaheim, L.A. and Atlanta??

$33 to sit in our Bleachers for the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox!!!!

Reinsdorf and his cronies have priced out the average fan and the working man with a family.

I'm seriously considering looking at the Crestwood Thunderbolts or the Joliet Jackhammers this summer for my baseball entertainment.

Parrothead
11-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Reinsdorf and his cronies have priced out the average fan and the working man with a family.

I'm seriously considering looking at the Crestwood Thunderbolts or the Joliet Jackhammers this summer for my baseball entertainment.
I have to correct you....it is the Windy City Thunderbolts. But you are right it is very difficult for a family to attend a game.

and by the way everyone....I guess I have to do it.....
:tomatoaward

ewokpelts
11-19-2004, 01:45 AM
Anewman:

Those 20 starts the Sox have basically pissed away the past two years have come back to bite them in the ass come September hasn't it?

I fail to see your logic. 'Very few teams have decent 5th starters so why should we?'

Well consider if the Sox HAD a decent 5th starter how much of an advantage that would give them against teams who don't have one. Maybe enough to say make up four games like in 2003?

The dumbing down of Sox fans continues. Why strive to be excellent when you can be so mediocre. (After all excellence costs money...)

Half the teams in baseball play in the A.L. East with the Yanks and Boston, the A.L. West with the Angels and A's, the N.L. East with 13 straight Braves titles and N.L. West with the Dodgers and Giants. 'Half' the teams in baseball have zero chance because of those divisions.

The only, and I stress only, reason the Sox can make the bizarre claim that they are 'contenders' despite not having a catcher, 2nd baseman, 3rd baseman, soon to be RF, a 5th starter and two bullpen arms, is because they play in the lousy A.L. Central.

And they can't even win that crap!

Lip
excellence costs money...too bad I'm cheep

pinwheels3530
11-19-2004, 04:31 AM
When will the White Sox be the premium team on the road? I figure it would be cheaper to watch the Sox play a three game series in Minnesota than at home!:(:

SOXSINCE'70
11-19-2004, 07:10 AM
LipLip:

Don't forget:

1.The Twins will be better in 2005 DESPITE any losses thru FA.
2.The Indians will definitely be better in 2005 just from experiences of '04.
3. The Tigers are moving up too.If Urbina and newly signed Troy Percival
come in with a 1 run lead in the 8th and 9th,the game could be over.
Not many blown saves for Percival IF (and that's a big 'if') he's healthy.

The Sox better pray the Royals suck in 2005 or they may be somewhere
they haven't been since 1989: LAST PLACE!!:angry: :angry:

anewman35
11-19-2004, 08:09 AM
Lip:

Don't forget:

1.The Twins will be better in 2005 DESPITE any losses thru FA.
What makes you think this?

kitekrazy
11-19-2004, 08:08 PM
It's the Bill Wirtz model of a successful sports franchise.