PDA

View Full Version : Hot Stove: Mets to pursue Zito

Bisco Stu
11-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Would LOVE this. Zito's one of my faves. A sincere guy unlike phony balonies like Curt Schilling ("I just wanna thank jesus & George W for this win."), a Phish fan, and reunited with Peterson would return him to Cy Young status.

MHOUSE
11-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Shouldn't this be on a Mets message board? I think Zito would fit well there in the NL and with Peterson. As far as the Sox go I would rather have Mulder or Hudson.

Buehrle
Garcia
Mulder
Contreras
Diaz/Cotts/Grilli/Wright/Free Agent?

Bisco Stu
11-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Nah, it should be on the "Talking Baseball" board of wsi.com

FarWestChicago
11-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Would LOVE this. Zito's one of my faves. A sincere guy unlike phony balonies like Curt Schilling ("I just wanna thank jesus & George W for this win."), a Phish fan, and reunited with Peterson would return him to Cy Young status.Zito :smokin: isn't returning to Cy Young status unless he leaves something in Oakland if/when he departs:

:bong:

FightingBillini
11-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Would LOVE this. Zito's one of my faves. A sincere guy unlike phony balonies like Curt Schilling ("I just wanna thank jesus & George W for this win."), a Phish fan, and reunited with Peterson would return him to Cy Young status.Ok, so Schilling is a phony becuase you dont agree with him. Right.
Im sure you have pitched with stitches in your ankle, also, so you would know what inner strength it takes to do it. Schilling didnt do the typical athlete "I won so I will thank god". He said that he found god several years ago, and that it what gave him the inner strength to pitch those games. I guess that makes a "phony balony".
Zito, by the way, real good guy. What was especially awesome was when he came out of the game with his team one loss away from elimination because he was tired (tired or stoned, you decide). That's what legends are made of. If only he were a phony like Schilling, maybe god would have given him the strength to not take himself out of the game, too.

gosox41
11-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Would LOVE this. Zito's one of my faves. A sincere guy unlike phony balonies like Curt Schilling ("I just wanna thank jesus & George W for this win."), a Phish fan, and reunited with Peterson would return him to Cy Young status.

I remember hearing a Schilling quote around the time he was traded to the Red Sox. He said he wasn't in baseball for the money. He then made the Red Sox sign him to an extenstion before approving a trade to them.

Bob

illinibk
11-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Zito :smokin: isn't returning to Cy Young status unless he leaves something in Oakland if/when he departs:

:bong:
http://www.rob-clarkson.com/duff-brewery/chalmers/01.gif
Is that a bong? Do you have asthma?

munchman33
11-13-2004, 07:07 PM
People have been banned for saying less.....

Daver
11-13-2004, 08:08 PM
People have been banned for saying less.....
What in the hell are you talking about?

Jerome
11-13-2004, 08:18 PM

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Zito's a republican. I've like him ever since that SI article about him and the "power of positive thinking"

DSpivack
11-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Sammy Sosa, Barry Zito....

How stupid can Omar Minaya be?

munchman33
11-14-2004, 04:00 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?

Please. Calling a guy fake because he:
1. Thanks god for helping him achieve in life.
2. Is able to speak his mind about his political beliefs despite living in an area were those beliefs are highly contreversial.

I'll be offended for Curt Shilling.

Seriously, unless there's been a change in philosophy around here this should have been removed and sent to the roadhouse.

Daver
11-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Please. Calling a guy fake because he:
1. Thanks god for helping him achieve in life.
2. Is able to speak his mind about his political beliefs despite living in an area were those beliefs are highly contreversial.

I'll be offended for Curt Shilling.

Seriously, unless there's been a change in philosophy around here this should have been removed and sent to the roadhouse.
I'm sure Curt will be happy for you.

If you can't sense sarcasm without help that's your own damn fault.

When I need help doing my job I'll be sure to let you know, till then I think I got it covered.

munchman33
11-14-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm sure Curt will be happy for you.

If you can't sense sarcasm without help that's your own damn fault.

When I need help doing my job I'll be sure to let you know, till then I think I got it covered.

My bad Daver, I thought you were being serious. :o:

I'm a dork.