PDA

View Full Version : New trade rumor (maybe)

spanishwhite
11-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Don't know if its been discussed yet, but there is a rumor on the
NYC boards that a three way deal is a possibility b/t us, NY, and Ari

NY gets
RJ

Chicago gets
Vazquez and cash

Ari gets
prospects from both

Dont know if its true, but it sounds good for all teams now that RJ is pushing the issue of being traded. I guess it depends on the prospects more than anything.

santo=dorf
11-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Could you post a link?

SoxxoS
11-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Its already been discussed a little on here...

That being said, I am not entralled with Vazquez in the least. He had a bad year. He is overpaid. He looked unbelieveable against us and nobody else...SHOCKING...and he had above a 9.00 ERA in the division series. What exactly is the benefit here? Ill take Mussina instead.

santo=dorf
11-13-2004, 01:39 PM

That being said, I am not entralled with Vazquez in the least. He had a bad year. He is overpaid. He looked unbelieveable against us and nobody else...SHOCKING...and he had above a 9.00 ERA in the division series. What exactly is the benefit here? Ill take Mussina instead.
Moose is owed WAY too much money over the next 3 years. $19 million, $19 million, $17 million option for 2007, or a $1.5 million buyout.

spanishwhite
11-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Could you post a link?
"sources" of Mariotti from an interview.
Not too reliable, but sometimes wild rumors are true.

jabrch
11-13-2004, 01:44 PM

Mussina? He's 36/37, right? You want him? No thanks. Vazquez has been very very good for 4 years. Look at his #s from 2001 - 2003. I'd much rather have him than Mussina. Frankly, if the Yanks are willing to pay to move him, and we could get his contract down to about 9-10mm, I'd rather have him and the difference to spend elsewhere than RJ at 16. Vazquez was one of the top pitchers in the game for 3 years in the NL. He's 27 and has plenty of upside. I'd take him in a heartbeat if the Yanks are looking to pay to unload him.

SoxxoS
11-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Moose is owed WAY too much money over the next 3 years. $19 million, $19 million, $17 million option for 2007, or a $1.5 million buyout.

Thanks for the info...I had no idea it was that bad.

:reinsy

"Are you sure that's in millions?"