PDA

View Full Version : Maggs at the White House

PutItOnTheBoard
10-12-2001, 02:27 PM
Watching CNN just now, caught a glimpse of Maggs in the audience for the Hispanic Heritage Month reception that President Bush is hosting. He was one of four or five hispanic ball players that he mentioned were attending the ceremony...

Spiff
10-12-2001, 02:31 PM
I'm glad he's getting recognized. If every player was like Maggs, baseball would be 100% better.

ihatethecubs
10-12-2001, 02:32 PM
yea i saw that too! it was cool to see maggs introduced by the president. bush was like "we have a great white sox outfielder with us, seinor magglio ordonez" and rey ordonez, russ ortiz, and nelson figueroa were also there

Viva Magglio
10-12-2001, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
yea i saw that too! it was cool to see maggs introduced by the president. bush was like "we have a great white sox outfielder with us, seinor magglio ordonez" and rey ordonez, russ ortiz, and nelson figueroa were also there

President Bush did not, I hope, literally say senior Mágglio Ordóńez. He said seńor Mágglio Ordóńez, right?

Anyway, I wonder if the Republican president knows that Mágglio has in the past expressed confidence in Venezuela's leftist president, Hugo Chavez, when the deadly mudslides took place.

:maggs
Drink Pepsi

GASHWOUND
10-12-2001, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
I'm glad he's getting recognized. If every player was like Maggs, baseball would be 100% better.

Wait a minute, but aren't the players smut Sox lowlifes that Moronotti pegged them as? Probably in Moronotti's mind Mags was sent there by the smut Sox to assassinate the President.

Spiff
10-12-2001, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Wait a minute, but aren't the players smut Sox lowlifes that Moronotti pegged them as? Probably in Moronotti's mind Mags was sent there by the smut Sox to assassinate the President.

Maybe that writer meant the Red Sox. That Carl Everett is one baaaad motha (shut yo mouth!).

doublem23
10-12-2001, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

President Bush did not, I hope, literally say senior Mágglio Ordóńez. He said seńor Mágglio Ordóńez, right?

Anyway, I wonder if the Republican president knows that Mágglio has in the past expressed confidence in Venezuela's leftist president, Hugo Chavez, when the deadly mudslides took place.

George Bush is a total boob anyways... It's not like being governor of Texas would make knowledge of Spanish important.

I seriously doubt that the Presidunce even knows that the country of Venezuela exists... oh wait, they make a lot of drugs there. My bad. Well, he surely doesn't know who runs the country...

All right. I'll get off my soapbox (but I'll hop off towards the left). Sorry, just the last few weeks have been trying.

Pete_SSAC
10-12-2001, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs

What? No SamME? I thought he cared sooo much about america.

IA_soxfan
10-12-2001, 08:42 PM
George Bush is a total boob anyways... It's not like being governor of Texas would make knowledge of Spanish important.

I seriously doubt that the Presidunce even knows that the country of Venezuela exists... oh wait, they make a lot of drugs there. My bad. Well, he surely doesn't know who runs the country...

All right. I'll get off my soapbox (but I'll hop off towards the left). Sorry, just the last few weeks have been trying.
C'mon doublem, save your tantrums for the parking lot.....:)

LongDistanceFan
10-12-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

What? No SamME? I thought he cared sooo much about america. i was thinking the same.....

Tragg
10-12-2001, 09:36 PM
Only the best right fielder in any mlb town was invited.

LongDistanceFan
10-12-2001, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Only the best right fielder in any mlb town was invited. or maybe shammie was fawning over himself in the mirror and forgot to respond to the invite?

doublem23
10-13-2001, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan

C'mon doublem, save your tantrums for the parking lot.....:)

One tantrum every year.... The rest go to one of the 2 other boards... :)