PDA

View Full Version : EPSN.com IN White Sox Big Unit article

jake27
11-12-2004, 01:05 PM
I just took a look at espn.com and there is a story on the left hand side thta says "White Sox in the running for the Big Unit", but its one of those ESPN IN things and I'm not suscribed. Someone who is, could they copy and paste the article here?

http://log.go.com/log?srvc=sz&guid=4412A9EF-F947-400D-8864-1D634E76C35D&addata=1564:53156:162839:53156&drop=1&a=1&goto=http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=mlb&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

santo=dorf
11-12-2004, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't doubt if it was based off of Phil Rogers' trade idea in today's Cubune. He also writes for ESPN.

Just speculating...

ilsox7
11-12-2004, 01:08 PM
It just summarizes the Tribune report that the Sox are offering Konerko, Rowand, and Anderson and the Snakes have said as of now they are not trading him. Lists the Sox, Yankees, and Cards as the 3 most likely places for RJ to get traded to.

eshunn2001
11-12-2004, 01:11 PM
It basically says that Arizona is denying wanting to trade the unit. But the sox have a package that is built around Konerko, Garland and/or Sweeny. It also says that the yanks, Cards and WSox are the teams interested... Edit AS some one else just said.......... my bad

soltrain21
11-12-2004, 01:22 PM
It just summarizes the Tribune report that the Sox are offering Konerko, Rowand, and Anderson and the Snakes have said as of now they are not trading him. Lists the Sox, Yankees, and Cards as the 3 most likely places for RJ to get traded to.

Those 3? What the heck is KW thinking?

Flight #24
11-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Those 3? What the heck is KW thinking?Hold on, the articles I saw (including Rogers) said something like "Assets the Sox have that would be interesting to AZ include" or "Sox offered Konerko+Garland, AZ asked about Rowand".

That sounds to me like standard negotiations - of course Arizona says "we want all ofyour best players/prospects". But they come down from there. I they say "We want Koney+Garland+Anderson", I'd bet the get negotiated down to a lesser prospect.

EDIT: Here's the Rogers quote: "Right-hander Jon Garland and minor-league center fielder Brian Anderson, a University of Arizona product, are among the White Sox properties believed to be attractive to the Diamondbacks".

Note that nowhere does it say Kenny offered Brian or even that AZ asked about him. It's nice to know Phil thinks Anderson would be attractive to them. he's going out on a real limb there. You could make that comment about any team.....

Jjav829
11-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Where do you see Rowand's name in that article? I see Konerko, Garland, and Anderson.

kittle42
11-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Jeez...can't anyone just read an article and accurately summarize it?

ilsox7
11-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Jeez...can't anyone just read an article and accurately summarize it?
My bad, it says the White Sox will build an offer around Konerko and that Garland and Anderson could be included in the deal.

Flight #24
11-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Where do you see Rowand's name in that article? I see Konerko, Garland, and Anderson.
IIRC, Boston Gammons said the DBacks asked about Rowand "and weren't told no". Of course, that doesn't mean that they weren't told "Sure, RJ+16mil for Rowand sounds about right!

PavanoBeltran'05
11-12-2004, 01:46 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=mlb

Here it is....

Flight #24
11-12-2004, 01:46 PM
My bad, it says the White Sox will build an offer around Konerko and that Garland and Anderson could be included in the deal.
Unless it's a different article than the one from the Trib, it says they will build an offer around Konerko. Rogers goes on to say that Garland & Anderson would be attractive to the DBacks - nowhere does it say the Sox will or have considered doing that.

SoxFanTillDeath
11-12-2004, 02:11 PM
I am so sick of this RJ talk. I just wish someone would come out with something definite and we could stop talking about it.

Does anyone know how many threads have been started on RJ? Way too many. There's gotta be someone else we can talk about. Oh wait, we can talk about our other major free agent wish--Omar Vizquel!