PDA

View Full Version : Richard Hidalgo?

FormerKnight
11-12-2004, 01:39 PM
ESPN's Top 50 Free Agent List is up:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=top50mlbfreeagents

He better be taking a major pay cut with that .239 AVG.

11-12-2004, 01:43 PM
They got Visquel going to the Red Sox. Is this Gammons?

Ol' No. 2
11-12-2004, 01:45 PM
They got Visquel going to the Red Sox. Is this Gammons?Gammons said he'd be going to the Sox in the AL East.:redneck

FormerKnight
11-12-2004, 01:46 PM
I am not sure who is making these calls as Gammons was predicting Beltran to the Cubs and this has him going to the Yankees.

thecell
11-12-2004, 01:53 PM
ESPN is such a crock of ****.

Played in just 52 games last season after undergoing surgery on his left knee. Had hit 40 or more homers for three straight years prior to last season.Ordonez has never hit 40 home runs in a season and only came close once. I'll give this list a little more credibility once they can get their facts straight.

Jjav829
11-12-2004, 01:55 PM
That would be AWFUL. But looking at these predictions, they are a joke. Vizquel to the Red Sox? Probably the biggest joke is Brad Radke to the Devil Rays. He's talked about retirement, but instead of retirement he's going to go play for the Rays? Ehhh...no. I think they just pulled teams out of a hat. They probably had like 10 Yankees slips in there, and one White Sox and D-rays slip. It just so happened they pulled out "White Sox" when Hidalgo was up and "Devil Rays" when Radke's name came up.

Does anyone have last years predictions? I'd love to see how far off they were last year.

kittle42
11-12-2004, 02:39 PM
As was stated here last year, if anyone wants to go find the thread, I think these predictions from ESPN annually end up at something like 20% accuracy.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Ol' No. 2
11-12-2004, 02:48 PM
As was stated here last year, if anyone wants to go find the thread, I think these predictions from ESPN annually end up at something like 20% accuracy.

I wouldn't sweat it.My personal favorite was Juan Gone to the A's.:rolleyes:

Erik The Red
11-12-2004, 02:54 PM
^ Yeah, I think they had Viņa going to the Sox last year, too. Frankly, I'd rather have him than either Willie OR Robbie.

RKMeibalane
11-12-2004, 02:54 PM
ESPN is such a crock of ****.

Ordonez has never hit 40 home runs in a season and only came close once. I'll give this list a little more credibility once they can get their facts straight.
That's ESPN for you. They put forth minimal effort and expect people to eat it up. Good grief!

soltrain21
11-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Cubs are getting Renteria and Tony Womack AND Troy Pervical...WOW!

SoxFanTillDeath
11-12-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm not even going to read it. Every offseason it's the same crock of ****. They have no clue what their talking about. I bet they have Cade McNown going to the Sox and Ricky Williams going to the Marlins for Hee Sop Choi. As if the Sox don't have enough trouble with their QBs/baseball players as it is.