PDA

View Full Version : Gammons "Projects" Beltran to sign w/ sCrUBS

WhiteSoxFan84
11-12-2004, 04:31 AM
I got in my car, turned it on, and just so happens AM670 was on. Who do I hear? Mike Murphy. No, no, he wasn't talking about the White Sox. Believe it or not, he was talking about the Cubs! No I'm serious...

Getting to the point, he said that he saw Peter Gammons on ESPN saying that he PROJECTS Carlos Beltran will sign with the Cubs.

At this point Mike Murphy orgasmed about 4 times and announced that the next 10 callers would all get free Score gift sets valued at $199.99.... (i keed i keed)

He then also went on to say that Gammons projects the Cubs to trade Paul Bako and Juan Cruz to the Diamondbacks for Randy Johnson and Matt Mantei. This makes complete sense, Diamondbacks get an ace in the making in return and Bako solves their catcher problems completely. They also free up $25 million in salary. Man Hendry knocks another great trade up. Cubs are going all the way. Gammons also reported that the White Sox would trade away all their stars and rebuild. Gammons last projection had him announcing how bad he hates JR and the White Sox. (whole paragraph = joke)

Man, Harold Reynolds is such a great analyst. I hope he takes over the show all by himself. Carl Ravejich (sp?) ain't too bad either.

DumpJerry
11-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Glad to hear that. This means the only time Beltran will be in the outfield at The Urinal will be when the Sox play there.....................

How often is Gammons actually right when he makes such predictions?

Uncle_Patrick
11-12-2004, 09:41 AM
He then also went on to say that Gammons projects the Cubs to trade Paul Bako and Juan Cruz to the Diamondbacks for Randy Johnson and Matt Mantei.
Pardon me if my Cubs knowledge is incorrect, but didn't they trade Juan Cruz to Atlanta last year?

Kogs35
11-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Pardon me if my Cubs knowledge is incorrect, but didn't they trade Juan Cruz to Atlanta last year?
oh yes they did

gosox41
11-12-2004, 11:41 AM
I got in my car, turned it on, and just so happens AM670 was on. Who do I hear? Mike Murphy. No, no, he wasn't talking about the White Sox. Believe it or not, he was talking about the Cubs! No I'm serious...

Getting to the point, he said that he saw Peter Gammons on ESPN saying that he PROJECTS Carlos Beltran will sign with the Cubs.

At this point Mike Murphy orgasmed about 4 times and announced that the next 10 callers would all get free Score gift sets valued at $199.99.... (i keed i keed)

He then also went on to say that Gammons projects the Cubs to trade Paul Bako and Juan Cruz to the Diamondbacks for Randy Johnson and Matt Mantei. This makes complete sense, Diamondbacks get an ace in the making in return and Bako solves their catcher problems completely. They also free up $25 million in salary. Man Hendry knocks another great trade up. Cubs are going all the way. Gammons also reported that the White Sox would trade away all their stars and rebuild. Gammons last projection had him announcing how bad he hates JR and the White Sox. (whole paragraph = joke)

Man, Harold Reynolds is such a great analyst. I hope he takes over the show all by himself. Carl Ravejich (sp?) ain't too bad either.
At least if they get Beltran they won't sign Ordonez.

Bob

Kogs35
11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
any time mike murphy mentions cubs he wets his pants. hes an idiot

jackbrohamer
11-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Seems like every time Boras has a marquee player you hear a lot of spurious rumors about how many teams have a chance of signing them. I think he uses Gammons and other lazy reporters to spread false rumors as a way of driving up the bids.

Kogs35
11-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Seems like every time Boras has a marquee player you hear a lot of spurious rumors about how many teams have a chance of signing them. I think he uses Gammons and other lazy reporters to spread false rumors as a way of driving up the bids.
no he does use them

serena
11-12-2004, 01:29 PM
only the high $$ teams. :rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
11-12-2004, 03:17 PM
only the high $$ teams. :rolleyes:
That would exclude the White Sox.:(: