PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea

MeanFish
11-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm sure many of you won't like this, but some might. I don't know. Anyway, it's worth posting possibly:

WSox: Paul Konerko and Jon Garland
Yanks: Javier Vasquez and Dioner Navarro

What they get: A first baseman with soue clout, a pitcher with a decent amount of upside.

What we get: A pitcher who might have had an aberration of a year in NY, and an MLB-ready catcher who can switch hit.

It's a calculated risk of a trade, but it could work out. Any thoughts?

RKMeibalane
11-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Javier Vasquez sucks, and...

:threadsucks

WinningUgly!
11-11-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm sure many of you won't like this, but some might. I don't know. Anyway, it's worth posting possibly:

What they get: A first baseman with soue clout, a pitcher with a decent amount of upside.

What we get: A pitcher who might have had an aberration of a year in NY, and an MLB-ready catcher who can switch hit.

What are the Yankees doing with Giambi?

WSox8404
11-11-2004, 09:21 PM
I guess that would work, but I don't know if the Yankees would do it. Although they did trade for Esteban......

kittle42
11-11-2004, 09:26 PM
I knew this thread was trouble from the minute I read the title.

OzzieBall2004
11-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Its a little nuts to say this thread sucks so adamantly....granted, that deal would happen only one condition....New York Flipped those two over to Arizona for RJ. Theres no way Randy would come here, and those are the same two guys that we were rumored to be trading away for him, so why is this trade idea so preposterous?

Jerry_Manuel
11-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Garland would be eaten alive in New York.

No way the Yankees would make a deal like this.

soxwon
11-11-2004, 10:23 PM
What are the Yankees doing with Giambi?

i have a friend in NYC that insists Giambi is DYING!!!
His disease is very rare!!!

remember in MASH when Ham, tried to sell Klinger a Adolph Hitler Pencil Box
"""ohh very rare"""

Kogs35
11-11-2004, 10:53 PM

Yanks: Javier Vasquez and Dioner Navarro. Any thoughts?
Dioner Navarro is over rated clap clap clap clap

munchman33
11-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Javier Vasquez sucks, and...

The guy has one less than great (not even bad) year and everyone's dumping all over him.

Jabroni
11-12-2004, 12:36 AM
I agree that Dioner Navarro is overrated. He only hit .274 in AA and only .250 in AAA for the Yankees this year. Zito has been much better throughout his career than Vasquez so I would rather get Barry Zito for Konerko and Garland but that still leaves us with another hole at the 5th starter spot. I don't think I could stomach another season of watching the dreaded 5th starter take the mound. :whiner:

kittle42
11-12-2004, 12:37 AM
i have a friend in NYC that insists Giambi is DYING!!!

And he would know, because he's in New York.

RKMeibalane
11-12-2004, 01:50 PM
The guy has one less than great (not even bad) year and everyone's dumping all over him.
I've actually never had a high opinion of Vasquez. He has good stuff, but with the exception of a few starts, he's not been able to put it all together. Maybe my opinion of him has been influenced by the fact that I never saw much of him when he was in Montreal, but I've never been that impressed by him.

JKryl
11-13-2004, 11:05 AM

Wait a minute MeanFish, you're not really KW are you? This sounds like one of his ideas.

munchman33
11-13-2004, 01:12 PM
I've actually never had a high opinion of Vasquez. He has good stuff, but with the exception of a few starts, he's not been able to put it all together. Maybe my opinion of him has been influenced by the fact that I never saw much of him when he was in Montreal, but I've never been that impressed by him.

If you think he's a bad pitcher than its obvious you've never seen him before last season. He was inconsistant for the first time in his career. I see it as more of the pitching in New York thing. The guy's stuff is easily good enough to win a couple of Cy Youngs.

MeanFish
11-13-2004, 04:15 PM
No, I'm not KW :D: It's a good thing I'm not opposed to opposition though! Actually, I enjoy the fact that there's even a debate about this.

I guess my biggest fear with Konerko is that we're going to trade him away at high value and get a guy who has also surpassed their highest value...I have a sneaking suspicion that with a change in scenery Vasquez could be one of the best pitchers in the AL just as he was for the NL circa just two short years ago. Obviously, I'm a proponent of the Johnson trade on the chance it happens, but at the same time it's important to have some backup plans in place.

I also think that it would be foolish to underrate Navarro. Maybe he wasn't as great as he demonstrated two years ago in the minors, but then again neither was Jeremy Reed, who appears to be poised for greatness with Seattle (I still support the trade for Garcia, however.) Though, I see your point considering the success (or lack thereof) of our *last* transaction that involved a guy named Navarro...I dunno.

The reason I suggested that the Yanks might need a 1B is simply that as far as I could tell there was a lot of uncertainty about the future of Jason Giambi, with the only certainty being that he would end up collecting some fat bank for a few years yet.