PDA

View Full Version : Good Baseball Pedigrees

chisoxt
10-12-2001, 10:47 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but isn't it amazing that how well a team succeeds in post season seem to be depended upon how well it did in the past. Take the A's for example, Three world championships in the 70's, one in 1989 and I wouldnt bet against them this year. It's amazing because in each era, the franchise has obviously had not only different players but different owners. And traditionally, this has been a franchise that has stuggled financially.

There is a lot to be said for having a good pedigree!

cheeses_h_rice
10-12-2001, 11:12 AM
I guess that makes the Sox and Cubs the mutts of baseball...

FarWestChicago
10-12-2001, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I guess that makes the Sox and Cubs the mutts of baseball... Sad but true...sigh...

PaleHoseGeorge
10-12-2001, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
I don't know about anyone else, but isn't it amazing that how well a team succeeds in post season seem to be depended upon how well it did in the past. Take the A's for example, Three world championships in the 70's, one in 1989 and I wouldnt bet against them this year. It's amazing because in each era, the franchise has obviously had not only different players but different owners. And traditionally, this has been a franchise that has stuggled financially.

There is a lot to be said for having a good pedigree!

For the last three years, Hawk, Rooney, and the Sox front office have repeatedly drawn comparisions between our team and Oakland. Until this year the similarities seemed valid. Now just one year into the Kenny Williams era, I'm having serious doubts.

I agree Oakland has good pedigree. The fact the Sox don't isn't the players' fault; it's management's.