PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fest Question

Mots09
11-11-2004, 06:47 PM
On the Sox website it states:
"One and two-night Hyatt hotel packages also are on sale now. Book a two-night package for $239 plus tax and receive four SoxFest weekend passes and four tickets to a 2005 White Sox home game."

Does the four weekend passes constitue that the ONE pass is good for the WHOLE WEEKEND (Fri-Sun)?

thanks

OzzieBall2004
11-11-2004, 06:53 PM
whole weekend

Mots09
11-11-2004, 06:58 PM
One Pass= Whole Weekend?

Rocklive99
11-11-2004, 06:59 PM
4 passes that are each good for the whole weekend

Mots09
11-11-2004, 07:02 PM
appreciate it. Sorry to sound dense but this is the first year me and my buddies have the opportunity to do it! Do they give you the passes at check in?

Is there any talk of setting up a WSI get together one night while we are all there? possibly hit a few bars.

Palehose13
11-11-2004, 07:06 PM
appreciate it. Sorry to sound dense but this is the first year me and my buddies have the opportunity to do it! Do they give you the passes at check in?

Is there any talk of setting up a WSI get together one night while we are all there? possibly hit a few bars.
Yes. You get 12 passes at check in, 4 four each day. Last year I hung out at the atrium bar, I believe WSIers were there as well as quite a few players and coaches.

Mots09
11-11-2004, 07:13 PM
is the atrium bar the hotel bar?

anyone heard of the players that might be there?

hopefully Frank Thomas

Palehose13
11-11-2004, 07:19 PM

hopefully Frank Thomas
Yep. I don't know yet which players are scheduled.

Mots09
11-11-2004, 07:22 PM
I am hoping big hurt, but highly doubt it.

Brian26
11-11-2004, 10:05 PM

hopefully Frank Thomas
The day Frank Thomas is hanging out with ham-n-eggers in the Atrium Bar is the day Reinsdorf invites Hangar18 over for Thanksgiving dinner. Ain't gonna happen.

soxwon
11-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Yep. I don't know yet which players are scheduled.

Im predicting randy johnson, and carl pavano, and carlos beltran will be available for autographs.

Mickster
11-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Im predicting randy johnson, and carl pavano, and carlos beltran will be available for autographs.
http://www.wackyzoo.com/0734.jpg

mike squires
11-11-2004, 10:27 PM
I think he's hoping Thomas will just be there nt necessarally a the bar. Frank is funny sometimes. He's usually here one day sometimes not there for the opening ceremonies. I missed Soxfest last year and probably this year. Any extra money will be going toward a new guitar. A few years ago someone I missed getting was Bucky Dent. I really wanted his autograph. Two years of Soxfest really added to my memrbillia collection though. 2 mini bats signed by Harold and Mini respectivly, My back seat o Old Comiskey that you guys hear so much about...Another mistake I made was not getting Hawks ig on a ball. got it on an old card of his and a picture of him inside the book "Ball Four" on a pic of him. I got so many coold stories from Soxfest and I've only been there twice. Plan ahead and map out who what when and where...

ewokpelts
11-11-2004, 11:55 PM
The day Frank Thomas is hanging out with ham-n-eggers in the Atrium Bar is the day Reinsdorf invites Hangar18 over for Thanksgiving dinner. Ain't gonna happen.
:reinsy
But Hangar 18's the only one that knows how to make a tin foil hat turkey!

Gene

Iwritecode
11-12-2004, 10:10 AM

Be forewarned, if you bring 4 people you will be charged more than the listed price for the weekend package.

It's really stupid because I don't know what the point of getting 4-weekend passes is then but that's what they told me...

JKryl
11-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Plan ahead if you can, but the only certainty is long lines, long waits, and if they don't screw up the garage sale again, ridiculous prices ($800 for an Albert Bell jersey, and that's AFTER he left the club), and a few bargains.
:bandance::supernana::bandance:

Brian26
11-12-2004, 10:48 AM
if they don't screw up the garage sale again, ridiculous prices ($800 for an Albert Bell jersey, and that's AFTER he left the club),

The jerseys are always priced high. There were still some Ventura jerseys on the rack last year at $700 or $800.

Iwritecode
11-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Plan ahead if you can, but the only certainty is long lines, long waits, and if they don't screw up the garage sale again, ridiculous prices ($800 for an Albert Bell jersey, and that's AFTER he left the club), and a few bargains.
:bandance::supernana::bandance:

Besides the planning ahead part, get there early! The lines aren't all that bad then...

mike squires
11-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Besides the planning ahead part, get there early! The lines aren't all that bad then...
The only thing about that is this...You get there early and you wait for hem to open the lines, you get there late and you wait to get through the line. Really, it all equals out to be about the same amount of time of wait time...getting there early just guarentees you an autograph...

Iwritecode
11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
The only thing about that is this...You get there early and you wait for hem to open the lines, you get there late and you wait to get through the line. Really, it all equals out to be about the same amount of time of wait time...getting there early just guarentees you an autograph...

True, but you get more if you're always at the front of the line.

If the session starts at 10:00 and you're done by 10:15, then you can be first in line for the 1:00 session... :cool:

Mots09
11-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Hey IWriteCode I

am brining 2 other people than me and our room is running 152 a night, but we got a suite. I figure that is cheaper than buying the package deal through the Sox and trying to find a hotel near SoxFest.

:bandance:

Iwritecode
11-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey IWriteCode I

am brining 2 other people than me and our room is running 152 a night, but we got a suite. I figure that is cheaper than buying the package deal through the Sox and trying to find a hotel near SoxFest.

:bandance:

Seriously, get the package deal. Not only is the price impossible to beat, you don't have to walk through the freezing cold weather go get there. Just down a couple of flights of stairs.

hotel: 152 * 2 = 304
weekend passes: 40 * 3 = 120

That's over $400 right there! With the package deal you get 4 weekend passes (you can always sell the one you don't use) plus 4 tickets to a game in April/May. You cannot beat that.

Mots09
11-12-2004, 01:36 PM
IWriteCode sorry I didn't specify I did get the hotel package which includes the 4 weekend passes.

Yeah it comes out to about 380.00 divided 3 ways.

Can't beat that:
Hotel (2 nights)
Passes for the weekend for each of us

I am already excited :dtroll:

Iwritecode
11-12-2004, 01:47 PM
IWriteCode sorry I didn't specify I did get the hotel package which includes the 4 weekend passes.

Yeah it comes out to about 380.00 divided 3 ways.

Can't beat that:
Hotel (2 nights)
Passes for the weekend for each of us

I am already excited :dtroll:

OK, cool. :cool:

I hope to see you there. Last year there was a pretty good group of WSI people in the bar on Friday night and Saturday night both.

Mots09
11-12-2004, 01:48 PM
You can count on us boys to saddle up at the bar for awhile. I hope I see Ozzie, and I will yell "Fun is winnnnnin and winnnnin is fun"

:)

Magglios_Girl
11-12-2004, 02:10 PM
I hope I see Ozzie, and I will yell "Fun is winnnnnin and winnnnin is fun":D:
Dont forget to yell "COME ON TIMO" 10 times in a row!