PDA

View Full Version : Lee/Konerko

cburns
11-11-2004, 01:21 AM
What if we don't end up trading Lee or Konerko? What would our team look like then?

hold2dibber
11-11-2004, 08:23 AM
What if we don't end up trading Lee or Konerko? What would our team look like then?
The only reason to trade either of those guys, is to improve the team overall. If for PK's $8.5 million, the Sox could instead add a quality power arm in the bullpen and a high OBP guy at 2B, OF or C, they'd be better off with option B. But if JR raises the payroll and Kenny makes smart moves (and gets lucky), they may be able to get what they need without moving either of those guys - but that seems like a long shot. So, I guess my answer to your question is, if they don't trade either of those guys, the team will probably look an awful lot like it looked last year (you remember last year - another second place finish just a couple games over .500) UNLESS JR substantially raises payroll or KW pulls a off a miracle or two.

soxnut
11-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Over the last 3 seasons, I've just had a gut feeling that this team would be better off trading one of the two.

chisoxmike
11-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Only trade one, IF IT IMPROVES THE TEAM.(pitching) If they both go, there goes our power for the season. Who knows what Frank will do in '05. I'm hoping for .275AVG, 30HR, 80RBI season. Rowand should be the player he was this year, but thats it. Losing Lee and Konerko is a huge chuck of runs, and will change the whole lineup.

Granted, the talks are that only one could be traded but you never know.

:KW
"Would I do something stupid? Maybe."