PDA

View Full Version : Sexson reported to Mariners...

pudge
11-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Just an FYI, Seattle radio states Sexson has an "agreement" to sign with the M's, and they will also pursue Beltre for their 3B hole.

Tekijawa
11-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Must be nice to be a Large market team!

MUsoxfan
11-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Arizona's GM should be fired for that Sexson deal. He gave up a core of players to help make the Brewers not quite a contender but a spoiler for a few years to come. The Brewers committed highway robbery and Arizona got hit hard. Seattle can have fun with the now fragile Richie Sexson-on the beach

SoxxoS
11-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Arizona better hope their minor leagues are solid...b/c they are 300 million in debt. They won't be good for another 7-8 years. Worth it, though. At least they got a World Series.

LAWSfan
11-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Arizona's GM should be fired for that Sexson deal. He gave up a core of players to help make the Brewers not quite a contender but a spoiler for a few years to come. The Brewers committed highway robbery and Arizona got hit hard. Seattle can have fun with the now fragile Richie Sexson-on the beach
I bet you weren't saying that the first month or so of the season? Sexton was having a good season and providing the power the DBacks wanted. It just so happened that he got hurt.

Jjav829
11-10-2004, 03:03 PM
He's not exactly very fragile. Since he became an everyday player, this was the first time he's missed a significant portion of the season. He played in 158 games in 2001, 157 in 2002, and all 162 in 2003.

I don't know what the money is like, but this is a good signing for the Mariners. They need someone like Sexson in their lineup. Strikeouts or no strikeouts, he gives them the power hitter they're lacking.

DSpivack
11-10-2004, 03:04 PM
He's not exactly very fragile. Since he became an everyday player, this was the first time he's missed a significant portion of the season. He played in 158 games in 2001, 157 in 2002, and all 162 in 2003.

I don't know what the money is like, but this is a good signing for the Mariners. They need someone like Sexson in their lineup. Strikeouts or no strikeouts, he gives them the power hitter they're lacking.
What about Bucky?

I just found a fan site for him, the pic on the main page has a few guys in Sox gear. http://www.buckybackers.com

Jjav829
11-10-2004, 03:09 PM
What about Bucky?
He had a nice couple of months, but they need more than Bucky Jacobsen. Let's face it, he made his debut at the age of 29. Who knows how long he can keep mashing the ball. Sexson gives them a proven power hitter that they can slide in the 3 or 4 spot. With Ichiro and Winn/Reed at the top of the order, there will be plenty of RBI opportunities for Sexson.

MUsoxfan
11-10-2004, 03:25 PM
I bet you weren't saying that the first month or so of the season? Sexton was having a good season and providing the power the DBacks wanted. It just so happened that he got hurt.
I said that the day the trade happened. Milwaukee got 5 really decent players...well 4 (Counsell was a disappointment). Overbay is a future all-star and did a sufficient job replacing Sexson. Spivey was consistent until injury, Capuano showed great signs of things to come, Moeller hit for the cycle. I loved that trade and I still do.

Mickster
11-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Just an FYI, Seattle radio states Sexson has an "agreement" to sign with the M's, and they will also pursue Beltre for their 3B hole.Looks like AZ will be looking for a power-hitting first baseman..... :?:

mdep524
11-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Just an FYI, Seattle radio states Sexson has an "agreement" to sign with the M's, and they will also pursue Beltre for their 3B hole.
...paving the way for PK to play 1B at BankOne next year. :redneck

Flight #24
11-10-2004, 04:20 PM
...paving the way for PK to play 1B at BankOne next year. :redneck

And if the Beltre rumor is true, paving the way for the dual impact of the Dodgers NOT trading Green for Scammy, and possibly making a run at Beltran/Drew.

(or opening up a trade destination for Carl Everett)