PDA

View Full Version : Joe Borchard and Brian Anderson

bigredrudy
11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
A lot of people are writing about Joe Borchard and how he has flopped. I am a Joe Borchard fan as a man not as a ballplayer and I hope he calls it a day because if he attempts to play with the Sox, the fans will be unmerciful. If I were Joe, I would ask for my release and go play for another organization if that is his desire. Or maybe he should hang up his spikes. I am sure Joe is doing some hard thinking right now. Now to Brian Anderson-a lot of people are touting him now as sort of an alternate to Borchard. Briam hit well in AA for a couple of weeks and then began to slide. His slide has continued in the Arizona Fall League as he is hitting around 200 and is striking out at a rather rapid clip. I do not have the stats but I would guess Brian is hitting about 200 for his last 250 at bats in AA and in the AFL. I am afraid the White Sox have made another mistake. I have been a White Sox fan for 60 years but I must say the future looks rather bleak. The farm system is just not producing. Or the good prospects are traded away. KW's plan seems to be to get that one veteran pitcher in an attempt to win the World Series. He has done that ever since he has been GM-there does not appear to be any long range plan.

Lip Man 1
11-10-2004, 01:20 PM
There is a long story by Phil Rogers in the Tribune today. Borchard was apparently released by his Mexican League off season team because of poor performance.

Rogers speculates it may be the end of the line for Joe...at least with the Sox organization.

I never understood the mentality of the Sox move, i.e. giving five million to an untested kid instead of giving five million to a proven player.

Lip

Randar68
11-10-2004, 01:22 PM
A lot of people are writing about Joe Borchard and how he has flopped. I am a Joe Borchard fan as a man not as a ballplayer and I hope he calls it a day because if he attempts to play with the Sox, the fans will be unmerciful. If I were Joe, I would ask for my release and go play for another organization if that is his desire. Or maybe he should hang up his spikes. I am sure Joe is doing some hard thinking right now. Now to Brian Anderson-a lot of people are touting him now as sort of an alternate to Borchard. Briam hit well in AA for a couple of weeks and then began to slide. His slide has continued in the Arizona Fall League as he is hitting around 200 and is striking out at a rather rapid clip. I do not have the stats but I would guess Brian is hitting about 200 for his last 250 at bats in AA and in the AFL. I am afraid the White Sox have made another mistake. I have been a White Sox fan for 60 years but I must say the future looks rather bleak. The farm system is just not producing. Or the good prospects are traded away. KW's plan seems to be to get that one veteran pitcher in an attempt to win the World Series. He has done that ever since he has been GM-there does not appear to be any long range plan.:chickenlittle

Brian Anderson hit like gangbusters before pulling his groin and also having an undiagnosed hernia. While he's healthy now, the AFL is a collection of terrific prospects and offers only a small sample size. Anderson is tied for hie team's lead in HR and is taking walks at a greater pace than previously.

No conclusions of any type can be drawn from the AFL. It provides an opportunity for players to face top prospects every day and for scouts to see many of the top players at the same time. The numbers are all but meaningless.

Randar68
11-10-2004, 01:23 PM
I never understood the mentality of the Sox move, i.e. giving five million to an untested kid instead of giving five million to a proven player.
Your line of reasoning is even more unintelligible. Let's dissolve the draft altogether!

jabrch
11-10-2004, 01:24 PM
If I were Joe, I would ask for my release and go play for another organization if that is his desire.
And if I were KW, I'd tell him absolutely no way. Go back to AA or AAA and keep working. We drafted you. We paid your signing bonus. We have the rights for you for ? more years until you become a minor league FA. We will keep you around until we feel you are done - not release you to go play for someone else on your terms.

John Barrett
11-10-2004, 01:24 PM
A lot of people are writing about Joe Borchard and how he has flopped. I am a Joe Borchard fan as a man not as a ballplayer and I hope he calls it a day because if he attempts to play with the Sox, the fans will be unmerciful. If I were Joe, I would ask for my release and go play for another organization if that is his desire. Or maybe he should hang up his spikes. I am sure Joe is doing some hard thinking right now. Now to Brian Anderson-a lot of people are touting him now as sort of an alternate to Borchard. Briam hit well in AA for a couple of weeks and then began to slide. His slide has continued in the Arizona Fall League as he is hitting around 200 and is striking out at a rather rapid clip. I do not have the stats but I would guess Brian is hitting about 200 for his last 250 at bats in AA and in the AFL. I am afraid the White Sox have made another mistake. I have been a White Sox fan for 60 years but I must say the future looks rather bleak. The farm system is just not producing. Or the good prospects are traded away. KW's plan seems to be to get that one veteran pitcher in an attempt to win the World Series. He has done that ever since he has been GM-there does not appear to be any long range plan.
What is it you like about joe... he should give back the 5 mil... he is a tool and a waste

jabrch
11-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Your line of reasoning is even more unintelligible. Let's dissolve the draft altogether!
Cheap and stupid Randar...cheap and stupid. Everyone else would make much better owners and GMs than those who we have. You should know that by now.

SoxxoS
11-10-2004, 01:36 PM
There is a long story by Phil Rogers in the Tribune today. Borchard was apparently released by his Mexican League off season team because of poor performance.

Rogers speculates it may be the end of the line for Joe...at least with the Sox organization.

Lip

Come on Lip, you got to take chances. Imagine if he was Adam Dunn and we were getting that kind of production for next to nothing per year...

gosox41
11-10-2004, 01:38 PM
At least you're not overreacting.

I have an idea, let's draft better. I've been in Joe B's corner, but he is slowly turning into a bust.

I saw a post by Randar before you edited in the minor leauge board. Something about a dream OF of Anderson, Rowand, and Lee. Funny how Borchard's name wasn't anywhere near it. I went back to reply to it later in the day, and it had been edited.

Bob

Randar68
11-10-2004, 01:41 PM
At least you're not overreacting.

I have an idea, let's draft better. I've been in Joe B's corner, but he is slowly turning into a bust.

I saw a post by Randar before you edited in the minor leauge board. Something about a dream OF of Anderson, Rowand, and Lee. Funny how Borchard's name wasn't anywhere near it. I went back to reply to it later in the day, and it had been edited.

Bob
No BOOB, er, I mean Bob, it was Anderson, Beltran and Rowand as the 3. No amount of editing changed that.

gosox41
11-10-2004, 01:47 PM
No BOOB, er, I mean Bob, it was Anderson, Beltran and Rowand as the 3. No amount of editing changed that.
My bad and I won't raise a big stink of the name calling. So what do you think the Sox should do with Joe B?

Bob

PaulDrake
11-10-2004, 01:51 PM
No BOOB, er, I mean Bob, it was Anderson, Beltran and Rowand as the 3. No amount of editing changed that. You are insufferably arrogant. Boob is way too nice for you. There is so little room for traditional manhood in today's high tech world. Some compensate by being message board bullies.

pudge
11-10-2004, 02:12 PM
You are insufferably arrogant. Boob is way too nice for you. There is so little room for traditional manhood in today's high tech world. Some compensate by being message board bullies.
I would pay money to see Randar and Lip in a boxing ring together some day.

santo=dorf
11-10-2004, 02:13 PM

LipDid you also see in that article how the Sox would look at Bob Wickman? Would that signing satisfy you Lip considering you've jumped on Schueler in the past for trading him in part of the Steve Sax deal?

soxtalker
11-10-2004, 02:47 PM
What is it you like about joe... he should give back the 5 mil... he is a tool and a waste

He should give back the 5 million? Yes, he's a big disappointment to the Sox organization and to us fans. But that 5 million persuaded him to give up an equally promising football career. He wouldn't have gotten it if the Sox didn't have to convince him to go with baseball instead of football.

For us, it means that our chances of seeing a winner have been reduced. There have been a few other moves along the way by management/ownership that have had similar negative effects. For him, his sports career is vanishing.

It isn't like this guy is a jerk. He wants to win, and it sounds like he's worked hard to correct the problems.

Randar68
11-10-2004, 02:51 PM
You are insufferably arrogant. Boob is way too nice for you. There is so little room for traditional manhood in today's high tech world. Some compensate by being message board bullies.Let me post lies and misconstrue your every word for 12 months and see how you react.

NEXT!

gosox41
11-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Did you also see in that article how the Sox would look at Bob Wickman? Would that signing satisfy you Lip considering you've jumped on Schueler in the past for trading him in part of the Steve Sax deal?
Actually, let me get on my soap box here. In a thread late last week asking for suggestions for releivers I suggest the Sox look at Wickman because he does have closing experience.

I also suggested Jim Mecir for what it's worth (not very much.)

On the bright side, if the Sox sign Wickman who I referred to as a low risk play, it looks like I won't be bashing KW on this one.

Bob

gosox41
11-10-2004, 02:53 PM
You are insufferably arrogant. Boob is way too nice for you. There is so little room for traditional manhood in today's high tech world. Some compensate by being message board bullies.
Without admitting you're wrong, it's always a good idea to change the subject and resort to name calling. :D:

He also swears to.

Bob

Randar68
11-10-2004, 02:53 PM
It isn't like this guy is a jerk. He wants to win, and it sounds like he's worked hard to correct the problems.Joe is a great young man who is very hard on himself and has had great difficulty in dealing with his own expectations and dissappointments. He is a humble guy and he deserves nothing but the best. People like John Barrett are really classless asses for making those kinds of statements and not worthy of a response in general.

Just pathetic how a little money makes some people so envious they'd take shots at upstanding citizens that have done nothing but give 110% for this organization.

Randar68
11-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Without admitting you're wrong, it's always a good idea to change the subject and resort to name calling. :D:

He also swears to.
You post lies and misinformation while also contorting peoples' words. What did you expect, to be treated like royalty?

gosox41
11-10-2004, 03:05 PM
You post lies and misinformation while also contorting peoples' words. What did you expect, to be treated like royalty?
Here we go again. What lies, Randar? And how have I contorted your words?

Bob

Jerome
11-10-2004, 03:49 PM
I have an idea, let's draft better.
Post of the week. A team with a payroll such as ours needs to have homegrown players.