PDA

View Full Version : One fan's idea: rj for jorge?

c4birdiemaker
11-09-2004, 10:59 PM
how about we deal crede, borchard, and prospects to arizona for randy then send him to ny for jorge. yanx and sox have teamed up for many trades through the years. i watch jorge 100 games per year and he is a force. good night, c4

MRKARNO
11-09-2004, 11:03 PM
The assumption that we could get Randy for Crede, Borchard and Prospects is a faulty one unless the prospects are among our best. In addition, if we have Johnson, why the hell would we want to turn him around for Posada? We have plenty of offense and we'd be getting RJ!

FightingBillini
11-09-2004, 11:04 PM
If you are talking about Posada, I was thinking the same thing. I know that Steinbrenner wants to move Vasquez, and will give some money to a team to take him. I wouldnt mind this:

AZ gets: Garland, Konerko
NY gets: Randy Johnson
SOX get: Posada, Vasquez, and $6 mil a year for the rest of Javier's contract (3 years)

Posada is very pricey, but great. I think it would be worth it to get Vasquez. what do you guys think about that?

jabrch
11-09-2004, 11:39 PM
If you are talking about Posada, I was thinking the same thing. I know that Steinbrenner wants to move Vasquez, and will give some money to a team to take him. I wouldnt mind this:

SOX get: Posada, Vasquez, and $6 mil a year for the rest of Javier's contract (3 years)

Posada is very pricey, but great. I think it would be worth it to get Vasquez. what do you guys think about that?

What do I think of giving up Garland and Konerko for Posada, Vazquez and 6mm per year for 3 years? After I cleaned up my underwear from crapping myself, I'd come here to post how happy I am. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Ol' No. 2
11-09-2004, 11:46 PM
What do I think of giving up Garland and Konerko for Posada, Vazquez and 6mm per year for 3 years? After I cleaned up my underwear from crapping myself, I'd come here to post how happy I am. I'd do that in a heartbeat.Ixnay. Posada is grossly overpaid. He's due something like $30 over the next three years. I'd rather keep Randy Johnson.

jabrch
11-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Ixnay. Posada is grossly overpaid. He's due something like $30 over the next three years. I'd rather keep Randy Johnson.

You'd rather have RJ for 16 than have Posada for 10 AND Vazquez for 6 (12 - 6)?

Why?

Ol' No. 2
11-09-2004, 11:56 PM

Why?First, I'm not so sure you'll get the Yanks to kick in the $6M. Second, RJ costs only $10M for 2005. So the real choice is RJ + $6M (or more) worth of other help or Posada + Vazquez. I can get a lot of extra help for that extra $6M+. For example, wouldn't you rather have RJ + Lieber than Posada + Vazquez?

c4birdiemaker
11-10-2004, 12:06 AM
the reason i would flip rj is b/c i dont think he fits with what we are trying to do here. he's 42 yrs old makin 16 mil and we really need someone to hit 5th behind konerko. jorge is a great leader and we could really use a left handed bat in an otherwise average lineup. everett sucks but we have some nice young players like rowand,harris,uribe,lee,etc. coming into ther own and i want to build on that. ur absolutly right about buehrle. he drives me nuts occasionally also but he is what he is ...an innings eater who happens to pitch a good amount of complete games as does freddy and i think their is much value in that. i dont think we have enough bats like u do though and we will be losing a little more punch in the lineup when e-6 signs elsewhere. i wouldn't replace him with vizquel though like everyone is talkin about. i would sign pokey since he is the best infielder since rey ordonez. i do think it's an excellent idea to package garland and give zona 3 major league ready players. also,lowe could be an intrigueing addition. i saw him pitch another game @ the stadium last year where he had the same kind of performance he had in gm 7. dont trade paulie. he stood up to fat frank and i believe his leadership would be hard to replace. jorge and paulie would be good cornerstones for the future since jorge could dh more. that opportunity wasn't available in ny and as a result, his statistics would be excellent in chitown.later, c4

santo=dorf
11-10-2004, 12:07 AM

Why?Posada is old, Vazquez is still unproven and shockingly only looked good when he pitched against us.

Why the **** would we want to give the Yanks Randy Johnson if we hoped to win a World Series? Would you want to face RJ and the Yanks in the playoffs?

nitetrain8601
11-10-2004, 12:11 AM
the reason i would flip rj is b/c i dont think he fits with what we are trying to do here. he's 42 yrs old makin 16 mil and we really need someone to hit 5th behind konerko. jorge is a great leader and we could really use a left handed bat in an otherwise average lineup. everett sucks but we have some nice young players like rowand,harris,uribe,lee,etc. coming into ther own and i want to build on that. ur absolutly right about buehrle. he drives me nuts occasionally also but he is what he is ...an innings eater who happens to pitch a good amount of complete games as does freddy and i think their is much value in that. i dont think we have enough bats like u do though and we will be losing a little more punch in the lineup when e-6 signs elsewhere. i wouldn't replace him with vizquel though like everyone is talkin about. i would sign pokey since he is the best infielder since rey ordonez. i do think it's an excellent idea to package garland and give zona 3 major league ready players. also,lowe could be an intrigueing addition. i saw him pitch another game @ the stadium last year where he had the same kind of performance he had in gm 7. dont trade paulie. he stood up to fat frank and i believe his leadership would be hard to replace. jorge and paulie would be good cornerstones for the future since jorge could dh more. that opportunity wasn't available in ny and as a result, his statistics would be excellent in chitown.later, c4
Why do some people keep thinking on this board that our offense still isn't enough? It is. We may need some higher OBP guys, but you don't pay 15 mil for that and trade arguably the best pitcher in baseball for that once you have him. Our offense has been one of the best the past 4 years. It's gotten us nowhere because our pitching hasn't been built strong enough. For the past couple of years we got excited over getting a #2 or #3 pitcher. Now the #2's been addressed and so has the #4 & 5 for the most part. We went from only having one real pitcher to only needing one and you would want to trade that for Posada? Sorry, I'm done with the Super Power lineup. I love the longball, but Posada isn't the answer, pitching is.

c4birdiemaker
11-10-2004, 12:12 AM
u guys dont want vaz. trust me . i saw him pitch 3 times in person and 20 times on the tube and let me tell ya...he is all done. gives up alot of hr's. his confidence is shot...just like loaiza. got booed all over the place by 55,000 plus @ the stadium and he's not fooling anyone. what about lowe or clement? c4

Tragg
11-10-2004, 12:23 AM

Posada is very pricey, but great. I think it would be worth it to get Vasquez. what do you guys think about that?What it boils down to is what's better for us- Johnson or Posada and Vasquez?. I don't think we could get away that cheap anyway.
The Yanks will be looking for trading partners in 3 way deals because they don't have "prospects" that everyone wants to throw in.

c4birdiemaker
11-10-2004, 12:35 AM
the offense hasn't gotten u anywhere in the last 4 yrs b/c they score 17 runs in the first game of the series and then get shut down in the next 2 or 3 games. many times last season we outscored teams handily in the series only to lose 2 out of 3. if the offense is so good why did we have so many low scoring games? i'll tell you why. it's b/c crede cant figure it out, fatso cant stay on the field, and ross gload and carl everett as a platoon is unacceptable and gives up too much to other teams coming to town. traditionally right field and third base in the major leagues has had far greater production at those positions than we've had. offense gets u through the season...pitching gets u through the playoffs. i love rj and i saw him pitch well, but i also saw him pitch poorly on several occasions. c4

duke of dorwood
11-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Not to smart to give up , in essance, 3 players for a catcher that I could steal on

pearso66
11-10-2004, 10:12 AM
the offense hasn't gotten u anywhere in the last 4 yrs b/c they score 17 runs in the first game of the series and then get shut down in the next 2 or 3 games. many times last season we outscored teams handily in the series only to lose 2 out of 3. if the offense is so good why did we have so many low scoring games? i'll tell you why. it's b/c crede cant figure it out, fatso cant stay on the field, and ross gload and carl everett as a platoon is unacceptable and gives up too much to other teams coming to town. traditionally right field and third base in the major leagues has had far greater production at those positions than we've had. offense gets u through the season...pitching gets u through the playoffs. i love rj and i saw him pitch well, but i also saw him pitch poorly on several occasions. c4

Now this may be a stupid question, but who is fatso? as someone mentioned, we need OBP guys not necessarily power guys. I'd rather take RJ and whomever we can pick up off the free agent list than posada.

c4birdiemaker
11-10-2004, 10:17 AM
frank is fatso. he is who we should be trading. he is the one with a horrible attitude. he is the one salary we could move. trade fatso to az, dont trade paulie or lee...they are cornerstones for the next 10 yrs.c4

WinningUgly!
11-10-2004, 10:54 AM
frank is fatso. he is who we should be trading. he is the one with a horrible attitude. he is the one salary we could move. trade fatso to az, dont trade paulie or lee...they are cornerstones for the next 10 yrs.c4
Yeah, ok.:rolleyes: A 36 year old DH, coming back from a major injury. That's what it'll take to pry Randy Johnson away from Arizona.

c4birdiemaker
11-10-2004, 01:37 PM
i said trade him somewhere...it doesnt have to be az. obviously al team is where he needs to go. besides i want the player to be crede not konerko. konerko is a building block and a run producer. c4

pearso66
11-10-2004, 11:01 PM
i said trade him somewhere...it doesnt have to be az. obviously al team is where he needs to go. besides i want the player to be crede not konerko. konerko is a building block and a run producer. c4
actually you did say trade him to AZ, but even so, why trade the best player on our team? Sure he is getting older, but right now he is better than anyone else on the team, and someone many many fans have become sox fans because of. He should retire a white sox and not have to worry about being traded. thats my feeling

c4birdiemaker
11-11-2004, 12:11 PM
no i did NOT say trade him to az...i said to trade crede, borchard and prospects that we sweetened up by adding garland. if you read the first post in this thread you would know that.c4