PDA

View Full Version : Carl Everett

PavanoBeltran'05
11-09-2004, 06:01 PM
What's wrong with Carl Everett if he gets healthy?? I clearly remember that the Rangers got crazy Carl two years ago, and he was the Sox representative in the All Star game that year because of his half with the Rangers. If he gets a Spring Training with the Sox, comes out in shape and takes care of himself, he could be a very solid player out in right. Seriously.

Do most people think that he's just going to be unable to get into game shape? He's a very capable player when healthy. If he could stay healthy the whole year, he'd be a very key part of the Sox lineup.

Plus, he's a very assertive team guy. If he gets to be with the Sox through the beginning of camp, he could easily become one of the true leaders on this team.

mantis1212
11-09-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm sure this is what everyone is hoping for- it's just a big question because of his horrible injury-prone 2004.

I'm a big fan of Crazy Carl and his attitude as well. If he gets back in shape and stays healthy he'd be a great choice for right field. If not he's going to be an expensive bench DH. We shall see...

Daver
11-09-2004, 06:07 PM
His knees are made out of paper mache'.

Mickster
11-09-2004, 06:08 PM
His knees are made out of paper mache'.
Better use stronger glue next year....

Ol' No. 2
11-09-2004, 06:11 PM
What's wrong with Carl Everett if he gets healthy?? I clearly remember that the Rangers got crazy Carl two years ago, and he was the Sox representative in the All Star game that year because of his half with the Rangers. If he gets a Spring Training with the Sox, comes out in shape and takes care of himself, he could be a very solid player out in right. Seriously.

Do most people think that he's just going to be unable to get into game shape? He's a very capable player when healthy. If he could stay healthy the whole year, he'd be a very key part of the Sox lineup.

Plus, he's a very assertive team guy. If he gets to be with the Sox through the beginning of camp, he could easily become one of the true leaders on this team.Everett, if he's in shape, would be a good DH. But he's an awful fielder. I think he's useful as insurance against the possibility that Thomas can't return. But if he's going to be their everyday RF, it won't be pretty.

koch44
11-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey the Sox could trade Konerko for Randy Johnson, put Frank at first, Everett at DH, then sign Beltran put him in center, and have Rowand in right, and Carlos at left.

munchman33
11-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Hey the Sox could trade Konerko for Randy Johnson, put Frank at first, Everett at DH, then sign Beltran put him in center, and have Rowand in right, and Carlos at left.
Why is that a pipedream?

koch44
11-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Why is that a pipedream?
I know it'll never happen.

munchman33
11-09-2004, 08:58 PM
I know it'll never happen.
LOL that's not what I meant. That's actually something that's been floated around in baseball circles. There's plenty more deserving things floating around here for the deep pink.

Dolanski
11-10-2004, 09:53 AM
When Carl is motivated and cares, he can be a force. When he is sullen and annoyed, he plays like crap. If he likes where he is, he plays hard, otherwise, he is just collecting a paycheck. Now put that attitude with a platoon or 4th outfielder role on the Sox, which is where he should be considering his age, declining numbers, and of course, injury history, and there is the potential that he is going to be the jerk he can be. It all depends on if he thinks more of himself and his role on the team...then again, it could be worse, would could have Sneezin', Syringin', Whinin', Corkin', No-longer-slammin' Sammy Sosa as our right fielder...