View Full Version : A's Win!

Jerry_Manuel
10-11-2001, 11:16 PM
Win the game 2-0.
Lead the series 2-0.
Life is good.

FarWestChicago
10-11-2001, 11:17 PM
WoooHoooo! Izzy sure doesn't make it easy, though.

LongDistanceFan
10-11-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
WoooHoooo! Izzy sure doesn't make it easy, though. could this be the A's yr?

FarWestChicago
10-11-2001, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
could this be the A's yr? Izzy is the only question mark. If he doesn't blow it, they have a very good shot.

Pete_SSAC
10-11-2001, 11:21 PM
Yesssss.....

Is it just me, or anyone else see some of the Yanks cryin' in the dugout?

GASHWOUND
10-11-2001, 11:25 PM
WoooHoooo! Izzy sure doesn't make it easy, though.

Is everybody excited cause the Yankees won't be repeating as champions or are you legit A's fans?

FarWestChicago
10-11-2001, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Is everybody excited cause the Yankees won't be repeating as champions or are you legit A's fans? Hell no, we're not A's fans. We want the Yankmees to lose. Plus, Ode to Veeck has killer ALCS tickets that we don't get to use unless the A's make it.

Pete_SSAC
10-11-2001, 11:26 PM

Is everybody excited cause the Yankees won't be repeating as champions or are you legit A's fans?

I'm neutral to the A's, it's my hatred of everything Yankee for me.

LongDistanceFan
10-11-2001, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

I'm neutral to the A's, it's my hatred of everything Yankee for me. i am bummed bout the white sox not making it, so i could care less about the series, however if the yankees lose, so much the better.

voodoochile
10-11-2001, 11:30 PM

They were the first team I ever rooted for back when I was a wee lad of 9-11 in the early 70's. Man what a team that was. One year they sent 7 men to the all-star game...

Then cam the late 80's early 90's. Man year after year I waited for the Sox to get over the hump and beat that team. Didn't happen until '93 and then they changed the divisions. A bunch of them came into the restaurant I was managing at the time in '91 after the game at Comiskey. They all had girls with them... Mind you I don't think they brought their wives with them to Chicago. They were arrogant but they tipped well.

GASHWOUND
10-12-2001, 12:10 AM
Hell no, we're not A's fans. We want the Yankmees to lose. Plus, Ode to Veeck has killer ALCS tickets that we don't get to use unless the A's make it.

Well, my first priority is for the 'Toons to lose. Thats all that matters to me. Second is the Yankees, which it seems is gonna happen. I don't like the A's. It might be envy and it might be that loud mouth Hudson, but the A's have the team that I thought we would have.
Are we there yet? We have Buehrle, and thats it. Can Garland be our Tim Hudson? It sucks that all we draft is pitching, pitching, and more pitching and all we got to show is one legit ace. Oakland seems to draft and ace a year. Hudson, Mulder, and Zito.
(Sigh...)when will we become like the A's... Thats the team I want the Sox to be. But Oakland is already there.

I rather have the Mariners just win it, if I had to pick one. Is it possible for nobody to win it?
:)