PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio Deal

LAWSfan
11-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Found an interesting article about the possible affects of XM radio to local radio broadcasts. Since I don't live in Chicago I get the Direct TV baseball package. I got to see/record most of the White Sox games this year. But the XM radio sounds pretty good since I'm usually stuck in traffic when the Sox games start. Oh wait maybe that's not such a good idea. I may have a worse case of road rage. :cool:

http://www.bizjournals.com/industries/sports_business/general/2004/11/08/cincinnati_story8.html?f=et183

Medford Bobby
11-09-2004, 11:05 AM
:smile: The more I hear this the more I like it!! I'd rather spend the money for a boombox reciever and get MLB plus all the other channels for 10 bucks a month then spend 20.00 and hear it on crappy computer speakers, plus you can go anywhere and keep that Sox game with you........sign me up! :bandance:

kraut83
11-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I've had XM for over a year, and it's a great product. I'm looking forward to the mlb addition next year. The only downfall is that we'll get stuck with the other team's crappy broadcast crew half the time.

ewokpelts
11-09-2004, 11:37 AM
I've had XM for over a year, and it's a great product. I'm looking forward to the mlb addition next year. The only downfall is that we'll get stuck with the other team's crappy broadcast crew half the time.from what i heard...each team has a channel.....you'll get farmer(god help us) and rooney every game...
Gene

Scotty347
11-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Is this XM deal an exclusive? I have SIRIUS satellite radio and it is excellent. The NFL package is fantastic. And it also allows you to listen to the home OR away broadcast of every game.

Satellite radio is a must for anyone with a long commute - it sure helps pass the time.

Rocklive99
11-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Yep, I think it's like Sirius' NFL Coverage, you get to pick on the Home or Away coverage (if there is one I guess)

duke of dorwood
11-09-2004, 12:47 PM
I have Sirius and love it-spent 4 hour drive listening to all NFL games Sunday-hearing both broadcasts is great- Many top College games on Saturdays too

longshot7
11-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Found an interesting article about the possible affects of XM radio to local radio broadcasts. Since I don't live in Chicago I get the Direct TV baseball package. I got to see/record most of the White Sox games this year. But the XM radio sounds pretty good since I'm usually stuck in traffic when the Sox games start. Oh wait maybe that's not such a good idea. I may have a worse case of road rage. :cool:

http://www.bizjournals.com/industries/sports_business/general/2004/11/08/cincinnati_story8.html?f=et183

yeah, you'll get baseball - but you won't get Howard Stern - he's only on Sirius.

LAWSfan
11-09-2004, 01:36 PM
yeah, you'll get baseball - but you won't get Howard Stern - he's only on Sirius.
Who?????

SoxFan76
11-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Steve Dahl is all the talk radio I need.

JKryl
11-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Who cares, he's a Yankees fan. :bandance::supernana::bandance:

ewokpelts
11-09-2004, 03:32 PM
yeah, you'll get baseball - but you won't get Howard Stern - he's only on Sirius.xm/mlb is an exclusive deal....

pudge
11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
I've had XM for over a year, and it's a great product. I'm looking forward to the mlb addition next year. The only downfall is that we'll get stuck with the other team's crappy broadcast crew half the time.
Hey thanks for the feedback, I'm usually in the car when Sox games start - does anyone else have XM and an opinion on it?

MUsoxfan
11-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know if XM will have a surcharge for the MLB package? I know Stern (not a baseball fan by the way) won't on Sirius. I'd be tempted to just get Sirius because I live in the Chicago area and rarely leave. I can get Farmer & Rooney, and Uecker doing Brewers broadcasts for free.

Rocklive99
11-10-2004, 07:00 PM
No extra charge, all the broadcasts, and a 24/7 MLB channel as well