PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Biddle

Whitesox029
11-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Just thought I'd let you guys know ASAP so that you could set up your prayer vigils for him...Rocky Biddle was released by the Expos.
http://montreal.expos.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mon/news/mon_news.jsp?ymd=20041108&content_id=911507&vkey=news_mon&fext=.jsp

MUsoxfan
11-09-2004, 01:59 AM
I liked Rocky Biddle with the Sox (although not as a closer). I liked him with the Expos, and I like him as a person. I still think that he's got a decent arm and I know he loves the Sox. Maybe a homecoming on the horizon?

LAWSfan
11-09-2004, 03:07 AM
I liked Rocky Biddle with the Sox (although not as a closer). I liked him with the Expos, and I like him as a person. I still think that he's got a decent arm and I know he loves the Sox. Maybe a homecoming on the horizon?
Torn Labrum. AKA career ender. Sorry but Biddle will have Rocky Road back to the majors.

Baby Fisk
11-09-2004, 08:13 AM
At least we can still follow the glories and conquests of Jon Rauch.

DrCrawdad
11-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Torn Labrum. AKA career ender. Sorry but Biddle will have Rocky Road back to the majors.

IIRC Rocky has had quite a few arm injuries in the past. Rocky seems like a great guy but it may be over for him.

HomeFish
11-09-2004, 10:50 AM
I can't believe that Sox fans are treating Biddle this way. It's not right; he deserves better.

The guy wasn't a bum. He had a great future ahead of him that was ruined by injury after injury. As far as I recall, he always put in full effort.

DrCrawdad
11-09-2004, 11:53 AM
I can't believe that Sox fans are treating Biddle this way. It's not right; he deserves better.

The guy wasn't a bum. He had a great future ahead of him that was ruined by injury after injury. As far as I recall, he always put in full effort.

What? Who's treating Rocky poorly? Who called Rocky a bum?

HomeFish
11-09-2004, 12:02 PM
The tone of some posts here, especially the initial ones, simply strikes me as being somewhat disrespectful to Mr. Biddle.

WhiteSoxFan84
11-09-2004, 12:05 PM
I love Rocky, a great guy and I found that out first hand (see my profile). If his career is over, I HOPE the Sox bring him in to t ake DJ's spot in the TV booth within the next couple of years. He's a very funny guy with great knowledge of the game. If he can still pitch, give him a minor league deal and let him either make it here or not make it anywhere else.

jshanahanjr
11-10-2004, 10:03 AM
I wonder if he blew his arm out against the Cubs? I remember him trying to close a game out and couldn't. He was removed with 1 out to go after trying a few practice throws. Rocky had some electric stuff when healthy.

TDog
11-10-2004, 11:19 AM
I wonder if he blew his arm out against the Cubs? I remember him trying to close a game out and couldn't. He was removed with 1 out to go after trying a few practice throws. Rocky had some electric stuff when healthy.
Against the Cubs in 2001, he struck out six in three innings and came out for what the team said were "precautionary reasons." He said later that he injured it, but he understands why the Sox didn't put him on the disabled list. The DL was already full of pitchers. I have no idea if his current problems are related.

I'm sure Rocky has a future in baseball even if he never pitches again. He talked to fans in every city he visited and made a lot of friends.