PDA

View Full Version : Brenden McCarty

Shingotime!!
11-08-2004, 09:38 PM
I all know we are despratly hoping that McCarty can make it to the majors soon after putting up amazing numbers in the minors. When indeed he is called up, what type of numbers do you think he is capable of putting up?

Rex Hudler
11-09-2004, 04:31 AM
I all know we are despratly hoping that McCarty can make it to the majors soon after putting up amazing numbers in the minors. When indeed he is called up, what type of numbers do you think he is capable of putting up?
Never heard of him.

munchman33
11-09-2004, 09:35 AM

It's McCarthy. Or BMac.

I don't think he's an option next year. At least not until midseason, and even that's a stretch.

California Sox
11-09-2004, 01:57 PM
I don't think he's an option next year. At least not until midseason, and even that's a stretch.
The good ones come fast.

I bet he's up by midseason and shows flashes, but gives up some homers. Maybe a little like Zack Greinke was this year, although Greinke's a slightly better prospect. I think McCarthy can develop into a McDowell or a Jack Morris, a guy who gives up his share of long balls but pitches a lot of innings and doesn't beat himself. Other pitchers who come to mind are Lieber and Radke.

rdivaldi
11-09-2004, 02:09 PM
I bet he's up by midseason and shows flashes, but gives up some homers. Maybe a little like Zack Greinke was this year, although Greinke's a slightly better prospect. I think McCarthy can develop into a McDowell or a Jack Morris, a guy who gives up his share of long balls but pitches a lot of innings and doesn't beat himself. Other pitchers who come to mind are Lieber and Radke.
I think those are pretty fair comparisons. People shouldn't expect this kid to come up and be blowing away people with a 95 mph fastball. Brandon biggest assets are control and smarts.

santo=dorf
11-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Brenden McCarty?

OH NO!!! It's Jeff Barry/Jon Berry part II!!