PDA

View Full Version : Memories

LAWSfan
11-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Sorry if this brings back bad memories but saw an old girlfriend today. We dated in 98 and went to see the Sox play in Anaheim. She said that Caruso guy is so cute and she said he's going to be a great player. Even better than ARod and Jeter.

Well we all know how that turned out. But after the White Flag trade, I thought maybe SS was a position we wouldn't need to worry about for the next 5-7 years. Sadly Caruso has fallen off the baseball earth. I don't think he even played with a MLB organization this year.

michned
11-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Sadly Caruso has fallen off the baseball earth. I don't think he even played with a MLB organization this year.
I remember seeing him face Randy Johnson in the spring of '98. Amazingly, he hung in there and kept sticking his bat on the ball, finally hitting a single to center. I remember thinking, "Jeez, maybe all the things we've been hearing about this guy are true."

Ed

Brian26
11-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I don't think he even played with a MLB organization this year.
This year? I don't think he's been with anyone for a few years.

RKMeibalane
11-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Mike Caruso last played in the Major Leagues on August 9, 2002, with the Kansas City Royals.

mdep524
11-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Sorry if this brings back bad memories but saw an old girlfriend today. We dated in 98 and went to see the Sox play in Anaheim. She said that Caruso guy is so cute and she said he's going to be a great player. Even better than ARod and Jeter.

Well we all know how that turned out. But after the White Flag trade, I thought maybe SS was a position we wouldn't need to worry about for the next 5-7 years. Sadly Caruso has fallen off the baseball earth. I don't think he even played with a MLB organization this year.
That's what you get for bumping a guy from A ball to starting shortstop in the pros. :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
11-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Hey the Sox had to 'justify' the White Flag Trade no matter what the cost!Lip

LAWSfan
11-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Mike Caruso last played in the Major Leagues on August 9, 2002, with the Kansas City Royals.In my post I said MLB ORGANIZATION, meaning he could have played for the Royals AAA team in 2003.

I did find Caruso played 35 games for the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League which is an Indy team. Same old Mike. 35 games at SS and 15 errors.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/cgi-bin/statsfindplayer.pl?player=caruso

BigEdWalsh
11-09-2004, 05:14 AM
I did find Caruso played 35 games for the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League which is an Indy team. Same old Mike. 35 games at SS and 15 errors.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/cgi-bin/statsfindplayer.pl?player=caruso

So there were 20 games he played at SS where he didn't commit an error? Not too bad!! :redneck

SOXSINCE'70
11-09-2004, 08:06 AM
I still remember the game winning HR he hit against
the sCrUBbieS (6/12/99).A great birthday present for
yours truly.:D: :D: :D: :D:

Kilroy
11-09-2004, 08:35 AM
That's what you get for bumping a guy from A ball to starting shortstop in the pros. :rolleyes:
So you're saying that bringing the guy to the bigs straight from A ball made him the major pot head he was?

LAWSfan
11-09-2004, 04:28 PM
So you're saying that bringing the guy to the bigs straight from A ball made him the major pot head he was?
In the best case Caruso would have have come up in 99 or 2000. He clearly lack some of the fundamentals and maturity to be a major leaguer. He should have spent 98 in the AA or AAA and get a Sept call up. It's interesting that two players from 97-98 who went from A-ball to the majors have had maturity issues, Caruso and Jose Guillen. How many teams has Guillen played for?