PDA

View Full Version : sox player saleries

jake27
11-08-2004, 12:31 PM
i was looking at espn.coms website and checked out the white sox player saleries. i was shocked to see that joce contaras is making 9million/year, second highest on the team. as most KW trades seem, im sure he had the yankees pick up some of that. but how much is contaras going to make in 2005 an dhow much of that do the white sox have to pay? i dont know about all of you, but there are plenty of pitchers that i think are better than contaras that you could get for 9million.

Ol' No. 2
11-08-2004, 12:32 PM
i was looking at espn.coms website and checked out the white sox player saleries. i was shocked to see that joce contaras is making 9million/year, second highest on the team. as most KW trades seem, im sure he had the yankees pick up some of that. but how much is contaras going to make in 2005 an dhow much of that do the white sox have to pay? i dont know about all of you, but there are plenty of pitchers that i think are better than contaras that you could get for 9million.The Sox pay him $6M for the rest of his contract, with the Yanks picking up the rest.

santo=dorf
11-08-2004, 12:32 PM
6 million each for 2005 and 2006.

ESPN.com is a horrible source for salaries. According to them, we are paying Jerry Hairston, and Donnie Sadler. :?:

wdelaney72
11-08-2004, 12:33 PM
i was looking at espn.coms website and checked out the white sox player saleries. i was shocked to see that joce contaras is making 9million/year, second highest on the team. as most KW trades seem, im sure he had the yankees pick up some of that. but how much is contaras going to make in 2005 an dhow much of that do the white sox have to pay? i dont know about all of you, but there are plenty of pitchers that i think are better than contaras that you could get for 9million.
The Yankees are responsible for $3 million per year of Jose's salary.

jake27
11-08-2004, 12:37 PM

ESPN.com is a horrible source for salaries. According to them, we are paying Jerry Hairston, and Donnie Sadler. :?:

haha yeah i saw that and i was like ***. but any ways i still think 6 million is a little too high. he has yet to show anything and i dont think he ever will. thoughts?

mdep524
11-08-2004, 12:46 PM
haha yeah i saw that and i was like ***. but any ways i still think 6 million is a little too high. he has yet to show anything and i dont think he ever will. thoughts?
Hey jake, I agree with you. I am not a big Contreras fan at all, in fact I would rather see Garland in the rotation next year than Jose. But he's not going anywhere, so hopefully Cooper and Ozzie can straighten him out. Unfortunately, I just don't think there's anything you can do about a guy who just doesn't have it mentally, or who just isn't a competitor. Personally, I think Jose has Eddy Curry disease. Too soft. But I sure hope I'm wrong.

santo=dorf
11-08-2004, 01:21 PM
haha yeah i saw that and i was like ***. but any ways i still think 6 million is a little too high. he has yet to show anything and i dont think he ever will. thoughts?He looked pretty good in his first 4 starts, but then in his next start against Detroit, he and Davis were tipping his pitches like crazy. Davis would split his legs like a hockey goalie whenever the forkball was coming. Detroit knew it, and Jose ended up walking the ballpark. This crap continued to go on while Ozzie, Cooper and KW kept saying "He's just tipping his pitches!"
FIX IT THEN!!!:angry:
I noticed that in the last game of the season, he worked at a MUCH faster rate, and he was unhittable. It reminded me of his performance against us in September 2003 at Comiskey Park (with less K's.)
8IP, 2H, 2BB, 4K's. :thumbsup:

soxfan26
11-08-2004, 02:32 PM
so hopefully Cooper and Ozzie can straighten him out. Unfortunately, I just don't think there's anything you can do about a guy who just doesn't have it mentally, or who just isn't a competitor. Personally, I think Jose has Eddy Curry disease. Too soft. But I sure hope I'm wrong.
Doesn't it seem like everytime the Sox add an arm to the back end of the rotation we are hoping for Coop and now Ozzie to 'straighten him out'?

WhiteSoxFan84
11-08-2004, 02:40 PM

Aren't those the deferred contracts? Don't be surprised if you see Frank Thomas on the White Sox payroll in 2015.

Ol' No. 2
11-08-2004, 03:19 PM
He looked pretty good in his first 4 starts, but then in his next start against Detroit, he and Davis were tipping his pitches like crazy. Davis would split his legs like a hockey goalie whenever the forkball was coming. Detroit knew it, and Jose ended up walking the ballpark. This crap continued to go on while Ozzie, Cooper and KW kept saying "He's just tipping his pitches!"
FIX IT THEN!!!:angry:
I noticed that in the last game of the season, he worked at a MUCH faster rate, and he was unhittable. It reminded me of his performance against us in September 2003 at Comiskey Park (with less K's.)
8IP, 2H, 2BB, 4K's. :thumbsup:Contreras is also tipping his pitches when he changes his grip. He starts every pitch with a forkball grip, then either changes it or not with his hand in the glove. Trouble is, he wiggles the glove slightly when he changes, and hitters pick up on that. Seems to me the solution is to just wiggle it every time, whether he changes it or not. But you have to make it look exactly the same to the hitter, and that's easier said than done.

santo=dorf
11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Seems to me the solution is to just wiggle it every time, whether he changes it or not. But you have to make it look exactly the same to the hitter, and that's easier said than done.
He WAS doing that before he started getting rocked. Hawk pointed it out as the cameras zoomed up on it.