PDA

View Full Version : Javier Vazquez

dougs78
10-11-2001, 08:36 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows the contract situation of Javier Vazquez? He would be a fantastic addition to the Sox either by free agency or by trade. I am not sure why they would want to trade him, but heck they are the expos', which I believes translates literally from French as, "Pitching Development Squad for every other major league team." So they should be about ready to give him up anytime the way I see it.

Anyway, its just a thought, and I figured some of you guys would know something about it. And where does one find information on length of players contracts and when they will be free agents or eligible for arbitration? I have looked and I can't find a thing.

KempersRS
10-11-2001, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
I was just wondering if anyone knows the contract situation of Javier Vazquez? He would be a fantastic addition to the Sox either by free agency or by trade. I am not sure why they would want to trade him, but heck they are the expos', which I believes translates literally from French as, "Pitching Development Squad for every other major league team." So they should be about ready to give him up anytime the way I see it.

Anyway, its just a thought, and I figured some of you guys would know something about it. And where does one find information on length of players contracts and when they will be free agents or eligible for arbitration? I have looked and I can't find a thing.

I'm not sure the contract situation, but if he is in a contract right now, it would be tough to deal for him. He was the only Expos untouchable at the deadline besides Vladdy. Even when his contract is up, I am sure someone will be willing to pay more than good ole Jerry though.

GASHWOUND
10-11-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by dougs78

He isn't a free agent this year and I'm not sure when he will become one. All I have is the current free agent list this year and contracts that might be up for grap.

Spiff
10-11-2001, 10:57 PM
He also got hurt toward the end of the year and they had to shut him down, but he was white hot.

Randar68
10-12-2001, 09:44 AM
Vazquez is going to go to arbitration this year, and he is already making 4 million dollars. I believe that he will become an UFA after next season, as it will complete his 5th full major league season.

I am more interested in Tomy Armas Jr.! The kid is going to be a stud, period. Not to mention he is 3 years behind Vazquez in arbitration and contrat eligibility....