PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, what do you think will happen?

OzzieBall2004
11-08-2004, 12:11 AM
Ok, we're less than a week from free agent signings, and rumors are flying all over the place. We know the Sox will likely have a payroll between 70-75 mil, which raises the question, what the (expletive deleted) is KW going to do to make this team win the damn central?!?!?!

mdep524
11-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Well, I would say signing Omar Vizquel is all but a done deal...

OzzieBall2004
11-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Ok, we're less than a week from free agent signings, and rumors are flying all over the place. We know the Sox will likely have a payroll between 70-75 mil, which raises the question, what the (expletive deleted) is KW going to do to make this team win the damn central?!?!?!

I've omitted the possible Vizquel signing, because all signs indicate its a done deal.

Ol' No. 2
11-08-2004, 12:20 AM
I think the Randy Johnson trade will happen. Kenny was after him last year, and we all know that when Kenny gets hot for a player, he keeps going after him until he gets him. Besides, the trade makes too much sense for both teams for it not to happen. They may hem and haw around for a while trying to get a better deal. KW may try to get the D-backs to take someone other than Judy, but in the end, it's going to be PK + somebody for RJ + cash.

kittle42
11-08-2004, 01:34 AM
The last option is easily the most realistic.

gosox41
11-08-2004, 10:33 AM
I think Kenny will make another big trade, though it may not be for RJ. The trade will eat up so much payroll that'll he'll be limited in filling the rest of the many holes with minor leaguers and has beens.:(:

Bob

mweflen
11-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Grinders and hoagies all around. No caviar or prime rib, however.

34 Inch Stick
11-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Realistically it'll be Vizquel and Odallis Perez along with a low key catcher and bullpen signing. I would not be shocked to see Esteban come back under the same conditions that he had in 2003.

11-08-2004, 11:25 AM
The RJ trade won't happen because he will veto it. We can give them Paulie and Buherle for that matter and RJ will still not sign off on it. I would love him too, but I don't think he thinks the Sox, in his eyes, are going to contend for the WS in 2005....again I said HIS eyes.

HomeFish
11-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I really hope a deal with Omar Vizquel is reached. Of the various rumors, that is the only one that I see happening.

Apart from that, I hope we get some bullpen help and perhaps an SP, but I don't think its anyone whose name we would recognize immediately. It will be the more obscure "grinders" and so forth.