PDA

View Full Version : Soft tossin' lefties

FarWestChicago
10-11-2001, 06:43 PM
This cracks me up. Jamie Moyer is what, 73 years old, and can't even reach his age in mph on his "heater". He wins 20 games this year and now stuffs the 'Toons in a playoff game. Remember when we were banging him around late last year? How the hell did this southpaw slop slinger do so well this year?
:)

Jerry_Manuel
10-11-2001, 06:52 PM
I believe he was with the Cubs at one time so go figure.

Daver
10-11-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
This cracks me up. Jamie Moyer is what, 73 years old, and can't even reach his age in mph on his "heater". He wins 20 games this year and now stuffs the 'Toons in a playoff game. Remember when we were banging him around late last year? How the hell did this southpaw slop slinger do so well this year?
:)

To quote Dan Patrick"he throws salad"

Iguana775
10-11-2001, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by daver

To quote Dan Patrick"he throws salad"

or another way to say it.....he tosses salad. now that is just sick!!!!!! :):):)

FarWestChicago
10-11-2001, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I believe he was with the Cubs at one time so go figure. Yeah, that was probably before you were born. :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-11-2001, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yeah, that was probably before you were born. :)

Well since you say he is 73 then yes before my time.

Joel Perez
10-12-2001, 11:54 AM
Goes to show ya what A) Location, and B) Impatience at the plate will do to a pitcher's record.

Jim Rome on the radio said yesterday "Have you ever seen a less impressive 20-game winner than Jamie Moyer?" Have to agree with him there, but numbers don't lie, I guess.