PDA

View Full Version : Nomar to play 2B for Yanks?

Mickster
11-03-2004, 03:29 PM
From the NEWS OF THE WIERD (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-cubsgarciaparrawilli&prov=fanball&type=lgns)...

Brian26
11-03-2004, 03:38 PM
From the NEWS OF THE WIERD (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=fanball-cubsgarciaparrawilli&prov=fanball&type=lgns)...

The rich get richer. Unbelievable.

On the otherhand, I love every second of this is it makes the Cubs a worse team.

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-03-2004, 03:49 PM
The rich get richer. Unbelievable.

On the otherhand, I love every second of this is it makes the Cubs a worse team.
i love anything that makes the cubs a worse team :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Tekijawa
11-03-2004, 03:49 PM
I just threw up in my mouth

SomebodyToldMe
11-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Wow. The three biggest shortstops in the past decade playing on the same team.

At three different positions.

That would be nuts.

ja1022
11-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Let them have him. Let them add another huge ego who's injury prone and likely past his prime. I think it could be interesting seeing him play on the same infield with the guy his former team coveted to be his replacement, which eventually helped lead to his leaving the Red Sox, and perhaps, the Red Sox finally getting past the Yankees and winning the Series. For me, it makes it even easier to root against the Yankees. And then maybe next fall we can watch Mount Steinbrenner finally blow because of increasing payroll and talent, but nothing to show for it.

Flight #24
11-03-2004, 04:36 PM
I don't believe for a second that the Yanks will be able to accomplish all the rumored goals. Signing Nomar, Signing Beltran, Signing Pedro and/or trading for RJ, signing another SP, eating some or all of Brown's contract to dump him.....we're talking a net increase of something like 30-40mil. Then factor in 40% luxury tax and the Yanks would have a payroll approaching 275-300mil.

If that happens, just blow up the sport because the revenue bases are so disparate as to make a mockery of things.

WinningUgly!
11-03-2004, 04:47 PM
After they sign Nomar, I suppose they'll try to work a trade for Miguel Tejada & move him to 1B.:rolleyes:

RichFitztightly
11-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Wow. The three biggest shortstops in the past decade playing on the same team.

At three different positions.

That would be nuts.
*Ahem*Cough* Two Different Positions *Cough* Sorry, had to clear my throat.