PDA

View Full Version : Bud wants us to Win the World Series

Uncle_Patrick
11-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Bud Selig would like someone from Chicago to win the World Series.

Here's a little fluff piece from Chicagosports.com that I thought I'd share. Its not that big of a deal. I didn't know that Reinsdork and Andy MacPhail were two of his favorite people, though.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-041102baseballselig,1,686754.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

TornLabrum
11-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Bud Selig would like someone from Chicago to win the World Series.

Here's a little fluff piece from Chicagosports.com that I thought I'd share. Its not that big of a deal. I didn't know that Reinsdork and Andy MacPhail were two of his favorite people, though.
You never saw Bud sitting on Reinsdorf's knee with Jerry's hand up his back?

illinibk
11-03-2004, 06:12 PM
I guess I read that article a little differently. I read it as: Selig wants a Chicago team to win, so long as that team is not the Sox.

MisterB
11-03-2004, 07:00 PM
I guess I read that article a little differently. I read it as: Selig wants a Chicago team to win, so long as that team is not the Sox.I think it's more like: Selig wants a Chicago team to win, and the Tribune wants it to sound like that team is not the Sox.

fusillirob1983
11-03-2004, 07:34 PM
I thought this article was pretty fair. It mentioned both the Sox and Cubs, but he said it would have more hype if the Cubs won it, but it would still be pretty big if the Sox won it.

SOXSINCE'70
11-04-2004, 07:20 AM
You never saw Bud sitting on Reinsdorf's knee with Jerry's hand up his back?
It's always been clear to me that Reinsdork is the
ventriliquist,the dummy is Selig (literally!!).:angry: :angry:

Irishsoxfan
11-04-2004, 08:16 AM
"Because neither the Cubs nor White Sox appear capable of helping themselves, isn't there some kind of legislation that could be passed, some sort of official curse-lifting that could be conducted..."

Maybe someone should tell them 'We are NOT cursed!' Is the media going to create a curse for us now whether we like it or not? Personally I prefer being bad to being cursed, you can do something about being bad.

ewokpelts
11-04-2004, 10:04 AM
It's always been clear to me that Reinsdork is the
ventriliquist,the dummy is Selig (literally!!).:angry: :angry:or something like this......

:reinsy
You've done well lord Selig. Soon the rebellion will be crushed and Young Skywalker will be in our hands. Everything is proceeding according to plan.

:tool

Yes my master.

Gene

SOXSINCE'70
11-04-2004, 12:05 PM
or something like this......

You've done well lord Selig. Soon the rebellion will be crushed and Young Skywalker will be in our hands. Everything is proceeding according to plan.

:tool

Yes my master.

Gene
Now,I am truly frightened.:D: :D: :D:

PS-Is "young Skywalker" KW???:tongue: :tongue:

Hangar18
11-04-2004, 01:48 PM

Surprise ..... Bud Selig "gets along" with the people who are running baseball.

" Now tell them how you think Im one of the best owners in baseball"

:lynch&mcfail

" Bud, tell them how Baseball will be Saved if we win the world series
and how its good for baseball "