PDA

View Full Version : Does Boston owe us a "thank you"?

OzzieBall2004
11-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Just realized something from reading another thread.....Had Brian Cashman worked a 3 way deal to land Garcia (shipping MLB talent for prospects, and turning them over for Garcia), He almost certainly would have pitched for the Yankmees in either game 4,5,6, or 7 of the ALCS. Seeing as they only needed to win one of those games, he could have easily put them in a position to win. The only reason I'm posting this is because I, like most of you, hate the Yankees, and it at least puts some whipped cream on a horse**** end of a season.

batmanZoSo
11-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Just realized something from reading another thread.....Had Brian Cashman worked a 3 way deal to land Garcia (shipping MLB talent for prospects, and turning them over for Garcia), He almost certainly would have pitched for the Yankmees in either game 4,5,6, or 7 of the ALCS. Seeing as they only needed to win one of those games, he could have easily put them in a position to win. The only reason I'm posting this is because I, like most of you, hate the Yankees, and it at least puts some whipped cream on a horse**** end of a season.

You could also argue that we helped them out by landing Big Bart in 03, thus keeping him away from Gotham. Although in both cases, weren't the Red Sox also vying for the two pitchers? If we helped them, we also hurt them.