PDA

View Full Version : AL Gold Glovers Announced

Jjav829
11-02-2004, 04:46 PM
No White Sox. The only deserving one, Buehrle, was passed over once again in favor of Kenny Rogers.

Here are your winners:
Pitcher: Kenny Rogers, Texas Rangers
Catcher: Ivan Rodriguez, Detroit Tigers
First base: Darin Erstad, Anaheim Angels
Second base: Bret Boone, Seattle Mariners
Third base: Eric Chavez, Oakland Athletics
Shortstop: Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
Outfield: Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle Mariners
Outfield: Torii Hunter, Minnesota Twins
Outfield: Vernon Wells, Toronto Blue Jays

Derek Jeter won a Gold Glove. :o:

SomebodyToldMe
11-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Derek Jeter won a Gold Glove. :o:
I KNOW!
It should have been Valentin!

DumpJerry
11-02-2004, 04:53 PM
No C. Lee? He had no errors!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ja1022
11-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Damn. I was really hoping Ross Gload would get some consideration for his part time work in right field.

RKMeibalane
11-02-2004, 05:04 PM
No C. Lee? He had no errors!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Let's not start with that fielding percentage argument again.

RKMeibalane
11-02-2004, 05:05 PM
:crede

"Why didn't I get one?"

idseer
11-02-2004, 05:17 PM
:crede

"Why didn't I get one?"
cause you're average at best. sorry. :redneck

santo=dorf
11-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Let's not start with that fielding percentage argument again.
His range factor is higher than most OF in the AL. Only Carl Crawford, Raul Ibanez, Jose Guillen, and Larry Bigbie had a higher range factor in LF than Carlos Lee last year.

FightingBillini
11-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Its an absolute joke that Jeter won a gold glove. I guess nothing is sacred. This means that winning a gold glove is no longer prestigious. It doenst mean anything. Jeter is mediocre defensively. I guess its true what they say, gold gloves are awarded to fielding and hitting stats. Or in this case, just hitting stats.

ChiSoxRowand
11-02-2004, 06:10 PM
You are right. Jeter getting a gold glove pisses me off. They should have gave it to Bobby Crosby. I have said it before and I will say it again, Jeter is the most overrated player in baseball. I am completely sick of everyone kissing his ass.

RKMeibalane
11-02-2004, 06:24 PM
You are right. Jeter getting a gold glove pisses me off. They should have gave it to Bobby Crosby. I have said it before and I will say it again, Jeter is the most overrated player in baseball. I am completely sick of everyone kissing his ass.
Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be anything we can do about that. As long as Jeter wears the Yankee Pinstripes, people will bow down to him.

MisterB
11-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Palmeiro getting one for playing 28 games in the field in '99 proved what a sham the GG is.

RKMeibalane
11-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Palmeiro getting one for playing 28 games in the field in '99 proved what a sham the GG is.
There hasn't been a good defensive player at first since Don Mattingly was around. That was nine seasons ago. It doesn't surprise me that Palmeiro would be given an award that he didn't deserve.

samram
11-02-2004, 08:07 PM
There hasn't been a good defensive player at first since Don Mattingly was around. That was nine seasons ago. It doesn't surprise me that Palmeiro would be given an award that he didn't deserve.
I would say Palmeiro, Olerud and Segui have been the only good defensive 1Bs in the AL in that time.

ja1022
11-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Doug Mientkiewicsjkirefvnmcxz is pretty good.

TDog
11-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Some years ago, a Cubs fan who was born in the 1960s argued that Ernie Banks was a good a defensive shortstop in the 1950s as Looie Aparicio. As proof he pointed out that Banks won an NL Gold Glove.

Whitesox029
11-08-2004, 11:00 PM
No White Sox. The only deserving one, Buehrle, was passed over once again in favor of Kenny Rogers.
Call me a moron, but shouldn't Carlos Lee's 1.000 FP at least be considered "deserving"? I know you have to take total chances into account and stuff, but I would think you could at least call him "deserving," even if he didn't win.

Jerome
11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Wow. Now I know for sure that Gold Gloves mean nothing. Solid Defense up the middle KW! The way to a championship! Grinders!