PDA

View Full Version : Full 2005 Schedule

SaltyPretzel
11-02-2004, 11:51 AM

Baby Fisk
11-02-2004, 11:56 AM
[*squinting madly*]

Augh! Can anyone make that out? It looks like the Sox are hosting Romulus for 4 games in July. :nuts: That can't be right. Can you post a link instead?

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 11:58 AM
They only have a press release. II think it said it will be released tomorrow.

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Damn... their caption under the photo of the park says: "The White Sox will host the Cubs May 20-22 at US Cellular Field.

Do they even read?

That series is at Wrigley Field, the matchup at the cell isn't until June 24-26.

Ol' No. 2
11-02-2004, 12:03 PM
They only have a press release. II think it said it will be released tomorrow.I'll be looking for the pull out section in the sports pages of the Cubune.

Lip Man 1
11-02-2004, 12:05 PM
No. 2:

LOL! That was good.

Time to start hitting Dan McGrath's e-mail box in the next 12 hours folks!

Lip

Iwritecode
11-02-2004, 12:05 PM
[*squinting madly*]

Augh! Can anyone make that out? It looks like the Sox are hosting Romulus for 4 games in July. :nuts: That can't be right. Can you post a link instead?

I can read it just fine...

Lip Man 1
11-02-2004, 12:08 PM
By the way..I think McGrath's e-mail is:

DMcGrath@tribune.com

Lip

Magglios_Girl
11-02-2004, 12:10 PM
I'll be looking for the pull out section in the sports pages of the Cubune.Hey O'l No. 2, did you check the Cubune today? Did they have anything about the Sox schedule? :unsure:

stl_sox_fan
11-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Man, this inter-league thang just keeps getting better and better. I didn't think anything could top Sox-Marlins or Sox-Expos last season. But now we get the historic matchup of Sox-Rockies and Sox-Diamondbacks.

Have they ever thought of the idea of keeping interleague play between divisional teams? (AL Central plays NL Central and so on...)

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Man, this inter-league thang just keeps getting better and better. I didn't think anything could top Sox-Marlins or Sox-Expos last season. But now we get the historic matchup of Sox-Rockies and Sox-Diamondbacks.

Have they ever thought of the idea of keeping interleague play between divisional teams? (AL Central plays NL Central and so on...)then you cant get cubs-yankees or cubs -bosox
and we all know how HISTORIC these games are
Gene

Baby Fisk
11-02-2004, 12:18 PM

Have they ever thought of the idea of keeping interleague play between divisional teams? (AL Central plays NL Central and so on...)You would deny the rest of the continent the delight of having mobs of obnoxious, unemployed Cub fans swarming their home park?

Besides, I might make plans to come down for one or two of those games against the Romulans.

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 12:21 PM
You would deny the rest of the continent the delight of having mobs of obnoxious, unemployed Cub fans swarming their home park?

Besides, I might make plans to come down for one or two of those games against the Romulans.romulans?
Gene

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 12:21 PM
then you cant get cubs-yankees or cubs -bosox
Gene
The fate of mankind rests on the 3 games vs. the cubs-red sox, and cubs-yankees!!!!!!!

Ol' No. 2
11-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Hey O'l No. 2, did you check the Cubune today? Did they have anything about the Sox schedule? :unsure:There is an article just posted to their website, but the schedule itself isn't there yet. I imagine all the election results will be pushed back to page 4 with the first 3 pages discussing the Sox schedule. But there was an article in yesterday's Cubune about the Cubs' spring training schedule.:angry:

stl_sox_fan
11-02-2004, 12:44 PM
then you cant get cubs-yankees or cubs -bosox
Gene
okay that's great point, but a few good interleague series(sox-cubs, mets-yanks, cubs-bosox) are just simply outweighed by the rest of the offerings.

SOXSINCE'70
11-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I'll be looking for the pull out section in the sports pages of the Cubune.There is no media bias in Chicago.:rolling: :rolling:

Lip Man 1
11-02-2004, 12:51 PM
I sent an e-mail about this to Bob Vanderberg regarding Dan McGrath etc. Here's his reply:

So am I.............. trouble is, he's not in today.............. or at least he hasn't been in yet........ but they're trying for a story, I know, because I heard Bill asking someone (Foltman, van Dyck?) to see if they can't try and get hold of Ozzie and/or KW for reaction, etc.......... so we'll see........

Doesn't sound like a six page spread is coming eh? If McGrath isn't in today you may want to e-mail him tomorrow and ask why?

Lip

Ol' No. 2
11-02-2004, 01:04 PM
I sent an e-mail about this to Bob Vanderberg regarding Dan McGrath etc. Here's his reply:

So am I.............. trouble is, he's not in today.............. or at least he hasn't been in yet........ but they're trying for a story, I know, because I heard Bill asking someone (Foltman, van Dyck?) to see if they can't try and get hold of Ozzie and/or KW for reaction, etc.......... so we'll see........

Doesn't sound like a six page spread is coming eh? If McGrath isn't in today you may want to e-mail him tomorrow and ask why?

Lip

Out researching another Sammy Sosa story, no doubt. Or maybe asking Carlos Beltran questions like, "What would be the best part about playing for the Cubs next year?"

RKMeibalane
11-02-2004, 01:13 PM
[*squinting madly*]

It does. I guess that means JR will need to purchase more Romulan ale for the occasion.

santo=dorf
11-02-2004, 01:27 PM
I'll be looking for the pull out section in the sports pages of the Cubune.
I think the Cubune will be too busy writing about how a Sox fan planted a grenade at Wrigley.

:knue
"We also dug up some new dirt on William Ligue Jr. So expect some extra coverage of the White Sox in the Chicago Cubune Monday."

mdep524
11-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Get ready to flood McGrath's email box, boys. Do not let him off the hook easy with this- remember he promised me that the Sox would get the same coverage the Cubs did for their schedule.

Email sports@tribune.com
Or if Lip is correct, McGrath's personal address DMcGrath@tribune.com

Hangar18
11-02-2004, 04:12 PM
The Cub-Times will start the Ligue Watch
while the Cubune will have a special William Ligue Pullout Section........

OzzieBall2004
11-02-2004, 07:17 PM
No one mentioned the six game road swing against the BoSox and the Yankees in mid August.

Outta be interesting, thats a combined $300+ million in payroll...Hopefully we'll be in a position where those games matter.

mdep524
11-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Well, the story came out today. The Sox had a bottom-of-the-front-page short story about their schedule, and a month-by-month graphic inside. The Cubs had a top-of-the-front-page longer story that was continued on the inside (the Sox story today was not) and a month-by-month graphic. Add to that the fact that today was a much slower sports news day than last week when the Cubs story was printed, and I think it is fair to say the Cubs were given a bit more coverage.

The Cubs story sensationalized their matchups with Boston and the Yankees, while the Sox story simply mentioned their interleague opponents, not even highlighting the rematch of the LA/Sox '59 World Series as they loved to do for all the Cubs-Yanks/BoSox matchups. The Cubs article was longer, and featured more prominently on the sports page, even though that day had much more sports news to cover than today. Overall the the difference is not as glaring as it could have been, but a subtle bias is still evident.