PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Leskanic era ends in Boston

Fenway
11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Curtis Leskanic, the Red Sox declined to pick up his $1.25 million option for next year and paid him a $100,000 buyout.

But he came up huge for Boston in Game 4 of the ALCS getting the win.

NY Yankees Top 11th
- Miguel Cairo singled to right. Runner on first with none out and Derek Jeter due up.
- Derek Jeter sacrifice bunted out to the pitcher. Runner on second with one out and Alex Rodriguez due up.
- Alex Rodriguez lined out to short. Runner on second with two out and Gary Sheffield due up.
- Gary Sheffield intentionally walked. Runners on first and second with two out and Hideki Matsui due up.
- Mike Myers enters the game for the Red Sox with runners on first and second with two out and Hideki Matsui due up.
- Hideki Matsui walked. Bases loaded with two out and Bernie Williams due up.
- Curtis Leskanic enters the game for the Red Sox with the bases loaded with two out and Bernie Williams due up.
- Bernie Williams flied out to center to end the inning

NY Yankees Top 12th
- Jorge Posada singled to right. Runner on first with none out and Ruben Sierra due up.
- Ruben Sierra grounded out to the pitcher. Runner on second with one out and Tony Clark due up.
- Tony Clark flied out to left. Runner on second with two out and Miguel Cairo due up.
- Miguel Cairo struck out swinging to end the inning.
WP: C.Leskanic (1-0); LP:P.Quantrill (1-1).

NY Yankees 4, Boston 6

Ozzie the Clown
11-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Why, exactly, is this being posted here?

Soxzilla
11-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Why, exactly, is this being posted here?

Because Fenway is our resident Boston White Sox fan, who also happens to love the Red Sox
:cool:

Eitherway, Leskanic sucks, I'd be happy if my team dumped his no talent arse ... especially for 1.25 million, that money could be better spent on a bag of balls.

:bkoch:
"Or me!"

kittle42
11-02-2004, 02:31 PM
:whocares

I give it about another week before people here get sick of hearing about Boston.

santo=dorf
11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
I'd hate to see fenway's reaction to if/when Varitek and/or Cabrera leave the Red Sox.

nodiggity59
11-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Curtis Leskanic, the Red Sox declined to pick up his $1.25 million option for next year and paid him a $100,000 buyout.

But he came up huge for Boston in Game 4 of the ALCS getting the win.

NY Yankees Top 11th
- Miguel Cairo singled to right. Runner on first with none out and Derek Jeter due up.
- Derek Jeter sacrifice bunted out to the pitcher. Runner on second with one out and Alex Rodriguez due up.
- Alex Rodriguez lined out to short. Runner on second with two out and Gary Sheffield due up.
- Gary Sheffield intentionally walked. Runners on first and second with two out and Hideki Matsui due up.
- Mike Myers enters the game for the Red Sox with runners on first and second with two out and Hideki Matsui due up.
- Hideki Matsui walked. Bases loaded with two out and Bernie Williams due up.
- Curtis Leskanic enters the game for the Red Sox with the bases loaded with two out and Bernie Williams due up.
- Bernie Williams flied out to center to end the inning

NY Yankees Top 12th
- Jorge Posada singled to right. Runner on first with none out and Ruben Sierra due up.
- Ruben Sierra grounded out to the pitcher. Runner on second with one out and Tony Clark due up.
- Tony Clark flied out to left. Runner on second with two out and Miguel Cairo due up.
- Miguel Cairo struck out swinging to end the inning.
WP: C.Leskanic (1-0); LP:P.Quantrill (1-1).

NY Yankees 4, Boston 6

Yeah no offense Fenway, but I'm not sure what place this has on a White Sox board.

Over By There
11-02-2004, 02:42 PM
I give it about another week before people here get sick of hearing about Boston.
Many of us don't need another week. :cool:

Jjav829
11-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah no offense Fenway, but I'm not sure what place this has on a White Sox board.1.) It has no place on a White Sox board. This particular forum however is called Talking Baseball. It is meant to discuss other baseball teams.

2.) I was actually going to post something about this as well.

3.) Leskanic would be worth a look for the Sox. He struggled at the beginning of 2004, but turned it around before being released. He wasn't too bad for the Red Sox and he might be worth taking a chance on, if the price is right.

OEO Magglio
11-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Yeah no offense Fenway, but I'm not sure what place this has on a White Sox board.
This is the talking baseball forum, and he's talking baseball, absolutely nothing wrong with this.

MUsoxfan
11-02-2004, 04:38 PM
I like when Fenway posts here. He's generally pretty good with informative and entertaining threads.

the_valenstache
11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
I like when Fenway posts here. He's generally pretty good with informative and entertaining threads.
For Red Sox fans.

And there are a lot of those on this board.

These days, Red Sox fans make me wish I was hanging out with Cubs fans. And sorting between the two is about as clear as a pint of Guiness. (And far less enjoyable).

FarWestChicago
11-02-2004, 11:34 PM
I like when Fenway posts here. He's generally pretty good with informative and entertaining threads.I think of fenway as ma-gaga East. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/cool.gif

MUsoxfan
11-03-2004, 01:38 AM
For Red Sox fans.

These days, Red Sox fans make me wish I was hanging out with Cubs fans. And sorting between the two is about as clear as a pint of Guiness. (And far less enjoyable).

He spends ALOT of time on this board. He never kisses Cubby ass. If he spends so much time on this board, clearly he is a fan of the original Sox as well. I have no problem welcoming in people with a rooting interest in other teams. Especially when NOTHING IS EVER SAID BAD ABOUT THE WHITE SOX by that party

Fenway
11-03-2004, 08:14 AM
It was the talking baseball area?

Jjav829
11-03-2004, 05:11 PM
I think of fenway as ma-gaga East. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/cool.gif
Ouch. You may not like fenway, but that's no reason to insult him like that.

O.....:D: :wink:

Foulke You
11-05-2004, 11:29 AM
For Red Sox fans.

Dude..no offense but if you only want to talk only White Sox, just head over to the Sox Clubhouse board. I happen to enjoy reading Fenway's posts and others that tell me what is going on in baseball on this board. Who knows, maybe KW will swoop in and get Leskanic on the cheap? Couldn't do any worse than the Cotts/Bajenaru/Diaz/Munoz combo.