PDA

View Full Version : 9 Game and 13 Game Ticket Packages

BeerHandle
11-02-2004, 09:35 AM
The Sox will be offering a 9 and 13 game package. Both of the plans will have limited Cubs-Sox ticket opportunities. The packages will be available on Nov. 15th. The packages can be ordered over the phone or online.

I like the thought of a 13 game package!

JKryl
11-02-2004, 10:35 AM
The Sox will be offering a 9 and 13 game package. Both of the plans will have limited Cubs-Sox ticket opportunities. The packages will be available on Nov. 15th. The packages can be ordered over the phone or online.

I like the thought of a 13 game package!
Any additional discounts?

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 10:42 AM

I like the thought of a 13 game package!where did you hear this?
Gene

Foulke You
11-02-2004, 11:17 AM

I like the thought of a 13 game package!By limited, do they mean that you can't select the whole crosstown series anymore?

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Just calle dmy rep. Here's the details:
13 game plan.:
2 april games
2 may games
2 june games
2 july games
2 august games
2 september games
you pick any date in that month.

Exceptions:
1 cubs game only
you can only pick about 3 monday 1/2 price games.

the 13th game is any tues-thurs game for 13 bucks.

9 game plan:
1 cub game(fri or sun)
1 bosox game(fri or sun)
1 yanks game (fri or sun)
1 dodgers game (fri or sun)
1 april game(NOT opening day)
3 "wild card" games(any game in season that arent premium games)
1 game at 1/2 price (same rules as wild card games)

There are limited playoff tix available for 13 games customers(ALDS only)
No playoff tix for 9 game plans.

Starting nine is gone.
Mondays are still half price.

Gene

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 11:37 AM
This is BULL! :angry: :angry: :angry: Why do they always "pick" our games for us. The starting nine was PERFECT last year, you were able to pick any game you wanted to.

NO OPENING DAY on the 13-game plan. ***??? Ticket plans are possibly the only way you can get good seats for opening day, cubs series, etc.

This is a sad attempt to get people to buy full and split season packages.

:angry:

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 11:41 AM
This is BULL! :angry: :angry: :angry: Why do they always "pick" our games for us. The starting nine was PERFECT last year, you were able to pick any game you wanted to.

NO OPENING DAY on the 13-game plan. ***??? Ticket plans are possibly the only way you can get good seats for opening day, cubs series, etc.

:angry:you read me wrong...no opening day on the april game in the 9 game plan. i think you can get opening day for the 13 game plan(you just get no discount for it).
Gene

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 11:45 AM
When is this stuff going to be offically posted on their web site... if all this is true and it will be avaiable next week.. i need to save my money becuase i want to get this as soon as possible. (The sooner you order, the better the seats are)

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Looks like like better deal is the 13-game plan.

---> "any game" you want
---> playoffs tickets (yeah right)

question: Do you have to pay for "playoff" tickets, and if you they dont make it you get your money back at the end of the season? That sounds like something they would do.

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Looks like like better deal is the 13-game plan.

---> "any game" you want
---> playoffs tickets (yeah right)

question: Do you have to pay for "playoff" tickets, and if you they dont make it you get your money back at the end of the season? That sounds like something they would do.yes...you pay for playoff tix...and if they dont play any/all playoff games, you get your money back.....every team does that
Gene

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 12:19 PM
When is this stuff going to be offically posted on their web site... if all this is true and it will be avaiable next week.. i need to save my money becuase i want to get this as soon as possible. (The sooner you order, the better the seats are)sales start nov 15...i think it'll get posted next week. And you may not get better opening day/cubs tix.....st holders order forms are due dec 3...we get first crack at extras.
Gene

jabrch
11-02-2004, 01:26 PM
So in the past with Sox7 and Sox9 you got all 3 Cubs games if you wanted. Now with the Sox13, you only get two of them? And you have to spread your games out evenly across the calendar?

Lovely...

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 01:41 PM
So in the past with Sox7 and Sox9 you got all 3 Cubs games if you wanted. Now with the Sox13, you only get two of them? And you have to spread your games out evenly across the calendar?

Lovely...one game...u pick which one..fri or sun
Gene

Brian26
11-02-2004, 01:42 PM

Lovely...

Actually, it looks like you only get one Cubs game.

Brian26
11-02-2004, 01:43 PM
you read me wrong...no opening day on the april game in the 9 game plan. i think you can get opening day for the 13 game plan(you just get no discount for it).
Gene

Why don't you get a discount on opening day? Don't you get a small discount on all 13 games?

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Why don't you get a discount on opening day? Don't you get a small discount on all 13 games?the 13th game is 13 bucks......that's it...
Gene

Brian26
11-02-2004, 01:47 PM
the 13th game is 13 bucks......that's it...
Gene

And all 12 of the other games are regular price?

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 01:48 PM
And all 12 of the other games are regular price?box office price...but you can get a couple of half price monday games in there
Gene

jabrch
11-02-2004, 01:49 PM
one game...u pick which one..fri or sun
Gene
Yuck?

Foulke You
11-02-2004, 02:51 PM
This sucks...first they make it go from 7 games to 9 last year. Now they are passing all sorts of limitations on which games you can pick. I probably will go the single game ticket route again. This is bull****! Part of the lure of getting package was getting good seats for Opening Day and the crosstown series and now they are taking that away.

jabrch
11-02-2004, 02:54 PM
:whiner: This sucks...first they make it go from 7 games to 9 last year. Now they are passing all sorts of limitations on which games you can pick. I probably will go the single game ticket route again. This is bull****! Part of the lure of getting package was getting good seats for Opening Day and the crosstown series and now they are taking that away.
yeah, without the crosstown and some of the best matchups, I might as well get single game tickets. No reason to committ to games in advance if I can't select the ones I want to go to. I gotta wonder who put together the revenue model behind this - it seems like it will sell fewer advance seats than before.

kittle42
11-02-2004, 02:59 PM
:whiner:
yeah, without the crosstown and some of the best matchups, I might as well get single game tickets. No reason to committ to games in advance if I can't select the ones I want to go to. I gotta wonder who put together the revenue model behind this - it seems like it will sell fewer advance seats than before.
Agreed. Stupid White Sox. The last thing I wanted to do was to have to scalp tickets for the crosstwon series in BOTH parks.

Thanks, idiots.

santo=dorf
11-02-2004, 03:01 PM
So let me get this straight; If I want to go to a single Cubs-Sox game in 2005, I have to buy tickets to 8 other games with one of them being at discounted rate?

Wealz
11-02-2004, 03:14 PM
So let me get this straight; If I want to go to a single Cubs-Sox game in 2005, I have to buy tickets to 8 other games with one of them being at discounted rate?
Shouldn't the White Sox maximize the few offseason marquee games they get on their schedule?

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 04:31 PM
:whiner:
yeah, without the crosstown and some of the best matchups, I might as well get single game tickets. No reason to committ to games in advance if I can't select the ones I want to go to. I gotta wonder who put together the revenue model behind this - it seems like it will sell fewer advance seats than before.i think this was a boyer move....and it does increase advance sales....in all months.....while i dont like it, it prevents people from using starting 9 only to get yanks/la/bosox/flubs tix...or all half price mondays up front....remember..people hated starting 9 last year, but everyone ordered it. anf the 13 game package lets you get playoff tix
Gene

jabrch
11-02-2004, 04:54 PM
i think this was a boyer move....and it does increase advance sales....in all months.....while i dont like it, it prevents people from using starting 9 only to get yanks/la/bosox/flubs tix...or all half price mondays up front....remember..people hated starting 9 last year, but everyone ordered it. anf the 13 game package lets you get playoff tix
Gene
Disliked the starting 9 cuz it was 2 more than the Sox7. At least it got me an unlimited choice of games. I can't figure out why I wouldn't just chill out now and wait and see what I can get when tickets go on sale. So I won't get Cubs tickets - but I will still get decent Yanks/Sox/Dodgers tickets - right? I am not suddenly anticipating any of those game selling out the first day with the exception of the Cubs series - right? Anyhow - when have I ever really had a problem going to the park and getting tickets with the exception of the Cubs? Seems like Brooks is disincenting me from renewing my Sox9 or converting to the Sox13. As far as playoffs go, I can't wait til we get there - and I'll happily pay for my tickets when we do - but there aint no way that I assign a high enough probability to that to allow me to factor it high enough to convince me to buy the Sox13...

soxwon
11-02-2004, 04:59 PM

Come on FORK out the $ for a 27 gamer weekend, i have 546 sec seats $500 some bucks.
REMEMBER your gonna be watching the 2005 CHAMPIONS- The white sox.

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 07:07 PM
This sucks...first they make it go from 7 games to 9 last year. Now they are passing all sorts of limitations on which games you can pick. I probably will go the single game ticket route again. This is bull****! Part of the lure of getting package was getting good seats for Opening Day and the crosstown series and now they are taking that away.

I agree, and the BS of making you purchase playoff tickets is also a load of CRAP! I am a 20-year old college student. I am barely going to be able to afford the 13 game plan. Screw the 9 game plan, thats a rip off: No opening day, must choose games vs. Red Sox, Yankees, etc, BULL!

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Anybody know what the individual ticket prices are going to be for 2005? I'm trying to add everything up. :D:

OEO Magglio
11-02-2004, 07:28 PM

I'm with you, this pisses me off. I thought the starting nine was perfect last year, ugh!!! :angry:

benjamin
11-02-2004, 07:34 PM

Lovely...
I like it. Maybe now the majority of the fans will be wearing "s-o-x" on their hats instead of choker blue.

jabrch
11-02-2004, 07:40 PM
I like it. Maybe now the majority of the fans will be wearing "s-o-x" on their hats instead of choker blue.I just hope this means more revenues and a higher payroll. For some reason I don't see how this works out to that end. But I may be wrong.

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm with you, this pisses me off. I thought the starting nine was perfect last year, ugh!!! :angry:sox7 was perfect.....i got a flubs game for a buck one year..and peope told me they got 2000 playoff tix when they were in sox 7
Gene

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 07:45 PM
I agree, and the BS of making you purchase playoff tickets is also a load of CRAP! I am a 20-year old college student. I am barely going to be able to afford the 13 game plan. Screw the 9 game plan, thats a rip off: No opening day, must choose games vs. Red Sox, Yankees, etc, BULL!um...you buy playoof tix in august or september...they have to be close for them to print up tix...you NEVER buy them in november-jan......that's cub-like thinking
Gene

chisoxmike
11-02-2004, 07:52 PM
um...you buy playoof tix in august or september...they have to be close for them to print up tix...you NEVER buy them in november-jan......that's cub-like thinking
Gene

Oh... I was thinking that you had to put a sort of down payment on them when you purchase the plan.

So, what your saying, is that if they are close in aug/sept you will be able to buy them then.

And just wanted to say thanks ewok for answering mine and others questions today!

OEO Magglio
11-02-2004, 07:59 PM
sox7 was perfect.....i got a flubs game for a buck one year..and peope told me they got 2000 playoff tix when they were in sox 7
Gene
I was never able to get the sox 7 due to not being able to drive down to the park, this year hawkdj and I got the starting nine and I thought it was perfect, I really liked how it was, we were able to get two games of sox-cubs weekend and we got all the other games we wanted. I don't like these changes at all.

ewokpelts
11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Oh... I was thinking that you had to put a sort of down payment on them when you purchase the plan.

So, what your saying, is that if they are close in aug/sept you will be able to buy them then.

And just wanted to say thanks ewok for answering mine and others questions today!no problem. while i think these plans arent really good...they are kinda built into get casual fans the big games....and the playoff opprotunites on the 13 game plan aint that bad either.
Gene

OEO Magglio
11-02-2004, 08:10 PM
no problem. while i think these plans arent really good...they are kinda built into get casual fans the big games....and the playoff opprotunites on the 13 game plan aint that bad either.
Gene
That definitely seems like the better plan, now the question is will you give me money for the 4 extra games?? :?: :D:

34 Inch Stick
11-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Any word whether you can choose the same date as your 2 choices for each month. For example I would choose opening day twice for april.

BeerHandle
11-03-2004, 12:02 PM
where did you hear this?
Gene
Frm my ticket rep. I have had a split season package for the past four years. My travel schedule will not allow me to make as many games so I will be doing a 13 and 9 which will allow me to pick games that I can make around my work travel schedule.

steff
11-03-2004, 12:11 PM
I agree, and the BS of making you purchase playoff tickets is also a load of CRAP! I am a 20-year old college student. I am barely going to be able to afford the 13 game plan. Screw the 9 game plan, thats a rip off: No opening day, must choose games vs. Red Sox, Yankees, etc, BULL!

You don't HAVE to buy anything. And it's not something you have to do upfront anyway.