PDA

View Full Version : Mariners decline Guardado's option


mdep524
11-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Everyday Eddie has 10 days to decide if he wants to pick up his $4 million player option, or test the waters as a free agent. If he goes the FA route-and is healthy- this could be a huge addition for the Sox, who I believe briefly pursued him this past offseason. (though I have a sinking feeling we'd have to outbid the Cubs)

Link:
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7848251

soxfan26
11-02-2004, 12:44 AM
From Rotoworld.com

Guardado now has 10 days to decide whether to exercise his $4.5 million player option or become a free agent. Because of concerns about his shoulder, it's likely he'll choose the former. Nov. 1 - 9:54 pm et
The article you linked says he has a torn rotator cuff. I've heard several stories about his injury, none of which have been good. I don't want the Sox to "outbid" anyone for him. IMO, he would be smart to take the $4m option.

LAWSfan
11-02-2004, 04:04 AM
From Rotoworld.com


The article you linked says he has a torn rotator cuff. I've heard several stories about his injury, none of which have been good. I don't want the Sox to "outbid" anyone for him. IMO, he would be smart to take the $4m option.
I wouldn't mind giving Eddie say half a million and then incentives if he pitches so many games, innings etc. But I agree he'll take the option. He won't get $4 mil with a bad arm anywhere.