PDA

View Full Version : Mike Greenberg... Just Shut Up!

wdelaney72
11-01-2004, 03:16 PM
I don't want to promote their show, but I had to respond to his idiotic comment last week about the White Sox not having a nation. I would encourage everyone to send him a similar email (mikeandmike@espnradio.com). For once maybe, we could get some air time.

Here's what I sent...

Mr. Greenberg,

Let's go back to last week when the subject of curses was discussed at nausea. I don’t have an exact quote, but I believe the conversation had you saying something like "Only the Cubs are left now in the drought of no World Series championships… The White Sox don't count, because they have no nation."

You may have covered the Bulls, but you obviously no nothing about Chicago baseball. Yes, due to the rise of the WGN Superstation, a booming neighborhood, and a senile drunk play-by-play announcer, the Cubs have developed a national following. Good for the Cubs. The White Sox do indeed have a nation, we just aren't the darlings of the media and when the team is crap, we're not going to pay our hard earned money to see it. If you are still not convinced, check here…

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/)

It's bad enough our local Chicago media only cares about the Cubs. Until you can realize the obvious fact that White Sox Nation is alive and well… Just Shut Up!

Walter Delaney

Lake Villa, IL

RKMeibalane
11-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Well said. Greenberg strikes as being another one of those guys who thinks that the quality of a team's fanbase is equal to the amount of media hype surrounding said team. Just because the Sox don't receive a lot of media attention doesn't mean that their fanbase is worthless. If anything, I think the White Sox fanbase is probably the most underrated group of fans in all of sports.

bennyw41
11-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Let's go back to last week when the subject of curses was discussed at nausea.

He may have fun with this misuse of grammar/word choice.

Over By There
11-01-2004, 03:54 PM
I thought this had been beaten to death days ago, I guess not. But did we need another thread? (yawn)

spataro51
11-01-2004, 03:59 PM
I sent an email also.

santo=dorf
11-01-2004, 04:05 PM
He may have fun with this misuse of grammar/word choice.I'm still waiting for Kittle42 to show up and comment on the "no" nothing comment.

bennyw41
11-01-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm still waiting for Kittle42 to show up and comment on the "no" nothing comment.
I'm hardly a picky grammarist(see!), but the term is Ad nauseum. Just a pet peeve.

wdelaney72
11-02-2004, 08:15 AM
I thought this had been beaten to death days ago, I guess not. But did we need another thread? (yawn)
Here's a clue, if you're bothered by it or don't like it, DON'T READ OR RESPOND TO IT!!.

He may have fun with this misuse of grammar/word choice.
The sentence passes the Microsoft Word spelling and grammar test.

fquaye149
11-02-2004, 08:57 AM
that's because at and nausea are both viable words but they are no more a viable phrase than "intellectual sandwich." notice how spell/grammar check missed "no nothing"? because no is a legal word, just not the "write" one.

Over By There
11-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Here's a clue, if you're bothered by it or don't like it, DON'T READ OR RESPOND TO IT!!.I'll take the high road and not respond to your comment that I don't have a clue.

The topic was beaten to death here:http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41346

I have just as much right to complain about it as you do to start repetitive threads. If you didn't want people to read it in the first place, you could have posted it in the other thread, where people (like myself) had probably already determined whether or not they cared to read any more on this topic. Thanks.