PDA

View Full Version : Denver, San Diego trips next year.

IlliniSox
11-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Not sure if anyone posted this one yet, but the sox will be in Denver Monday, 6/6-6/8 this year. I was hoping for a weekend for that one.

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/col/downloads/schedule_2005.pdf

San Diego is on a weekend, (tentative): 6/10-6/12.

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/sd/schedule/tentative_2005_season_schedule.jsp

Hangar18
11-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Hangar18 just requested those days off already. SanDiego, here I come ...

longshot7
11-01-2004, 04:22 PM
cool. I need an excuse to go to SD to check out Petco Park.

Rocky Soprano
11-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Im willing to do Colorado, anyone interested in going rafting while out there?

eshunn2001
11-01-2004, 04:35 PM
I will be at Petco for all 3 games

RKMeibalane
11-01-2004, 04:36 PM
In addition to the excursions to the West Coast, it is also worth mentioning that Adrian Beltre, Shawn Green, and the Los Angeles Dodgers will be making their first trip to the South Side since 1959. I expect the Chicago media to bring their "A game" for this series, considering that the Dodgers have not played a Chicago franchise since the 1959 World Series.

For those of you who may be new to this site, my sarcasm is the result of the media hyping the 2003 Cubs-Yankees series. The Yankees players were asked questions such as, "How does it feel to play in Chicago for the first time?" or "Which city has better night-life?" It was almost as if the media had forgotten that the Yankees face the White Sox at least once every season, and have ever since the American League was founded.

Hangar18
11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
cool. I need an excuse to go to SD to check out Petco Park.

Would be good to see ya again Longshot out in Sunny Cali ......

IlliniSox
11-01-2004, 04:43 PM
In addition to the excursions to the West Coast, it is also worth mentioning that Adrian Beltre, Shawn Green, and the Los Angeles Dodgers will be making their first trip to the South Side since 1959. I expect the Chicago media to bring their "A game" for this series, considering that the Dodgers have not played a Chicago franchise since the 1959 World Series.

For those of you who may be new to this site, my sarcasm is the result of the media hyping the 2003 Cubs-Yankees series. The Yankees players were asked questions such as, "How does it feel to play in Chicago for the first time?" or "Which city has better night-life?" It was almost as if the media had forgotten that the Yankees face the White Sox at least once every season, and have ever since the American League was founded.
Prepare to Puke, then.
Cubs go to Yankee stadium this summer for the first time since 1938 and the BoSox come to the Urinal for the first time since 1918, yes 1918. I might need to leave town for that one.

What's the over/under for how many times 'Curse' is mentioned?

RKMeibalane
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Prepare to Puke, then.
Cubs go to Yankee stadium this summer for the first time since 1938 and the BoSox come to the Urinal for the first time since 1918, yes 1918. I might need to leave town for that one.

It has been several years since the last time I threw up- November 29, 1996 was the date. I have the feeling that streak is about to come to an end once the Red Sox-Cubs series gets underway. Ugh!

thecell
11-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Prepare to Puke, then.

The Red Sox have never actually played at Wrigley Field. The World Series was played at Comiskey Park that year.

LAWSfan
11-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Would be good to see ya again Longshot out in Sunny Cali ......
If you want help with tixs let me know. I can order tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

Hangar18
11-01-2004, 05:05 PM
If you want help with tixs let me know. I can order tickets before they go on sale to the general public.
Heck yes, Stay in touch with me, send me a private messg,
and i'll get you my email. I know a few of us already are planning on this
trip. Also, theres a bar in that area they call PB, that would be willing
to Kindly let me Overrun the place with White SOX fans for a get together
before the game ......... theres a jazz joint across the street, but want
to find something closer ....... maybe you can figure that out for me

I will be staying at a friends place in DelMar (Trevor Hoffman lives across the
street to my friends place & BlackJack lives 10mins away also)
so anything that keeps us downtown would be cool, bar-wise

JoseCanseco6969
11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Not sure if anyone posted this one yet, but the sox will be in Denver Monday, 6/6-6/8 this year. I was hoping for a weekend for that one.

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/col/downloads/schedule_2005.pdf

San Diego is on a weekend, (tentative): 6/10-6/12.

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/sd/schedule/tentative_2005_season_schedule.jsp
definately going to Colorago cause a friend of mine just moved out there, so free place to stay!

GiveMeSox
11-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Im willing to do Colorado, anyone interested in going rafting while out there?
I would be totally down for that.

Brian26
11-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Prepare to Puke, then.
Cubs go to Yankee stadium this summer for the first time since 1938 and the BoSox come to the Urinal for the first time since 1918, yes 1918

Actually, the Red Sox have never played in Wrigley. The 1918 World Series was played at Old Comiskey due to construction going on at Wrigley at the time.

Rocky Soprano
11-01-2004, 05:19 PM
I would be totally down for that.Sweet, Ill try to work out the details. Hopefully we get more people interested.

Brian26
11-01-2004, 05:20 PM
The Red Sox have never actually played at Wrigley Field. The World Series was played at Comiskey Park that year.

You beat me to it. Good call. Funny thing is, I bet 90% of the Cub fans don't know this.

DumpJerry
11-01-2004, 05:21 PM

Beltre is a free agent. Maybe he'll play 82 home games at Comiskey. Oh wait, silly me, I forgot, Jerry makes the decisions on this team...............

LAWSfan
11-01-2004, 05:32 PM

Petco is in an area called the Gaslamp Quarter. Tons of bars and restaurants there. Here's a link. http://www.gaslamp.org/ I will be down in SD in about two weeks so I'll check out some places. I usually go to Dick's Last Resort or Moose's.

It's up to up, but I would take the trolley to Petco. They got a stop which is about a block from the park. Won't cost you more than $5 roundtrip. Catch the trolley at either Old Town Station or Jack Murphy.

Will send you a PM.

LAWSfan
11-01-2004, 05:43 PM

I just tried to send you a PM. It said your PM box if full. Send me a PM.

thecell
11-01-2004, 05:44 PM
You beat me to it. Good call. Funny thing is, I bet 90% of the Cub fans don't know this.
Haha, you're probably right!

thecell
11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Sweet, Ill try to work out the details. Hopefully we get more people interested.
I'd be down. Keep a list of those interested and see if we can come up with something.

Rocky Soprano
11-01-2004, 05:53 PM
I'd be down. Keep a list of those interested and see if we can come up with something.
I will.

LAWSfan
11-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Actually, the Red Sox have never played in Wrigley. The 1918 World Series was played at Old Comiskey due to construction going on at Wrigley at the time.
From http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/yr1918ws.shtml they said the reason the cubs moved the games to Comiskey was because of the larger seating capacity. They also mention that trading stadiums was a common practice back then. The Red Sox in fact played the their last two WS at Braves Field instead of Fenway.

soxwon
11-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Ill be in texas for a sox weekend.

Gonna have dinner with Mark Cuban.

Rocky Soprano
11-02-2004, 10:11 AM

How did you get the chance to have dinner with him?

Hangar18
11-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I just tried to send you a PM. It said your PM box if full. Send me a PM.
you guys swamped me .......... heh hehhhe

thecell
11-02-2004, 10:19 AM

Convince him to buy the White Sox.

jabrch
11-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Beltre is a free agent. Maybe he'll play 82 home games at Comiskey. Oh wait, silly me, I forgot, Jerry makes the decisions on this team...............
Yeah - cuz a 3B who has had only 2 good seasons out of 7 (one of which was a contract year) and who is demanding top dollar and a long term deal would be the best way to utilize funds. People would be ROARING about how stupid this team is if they spent money that way.

Beltre .274/.332/.463 Expecting 5 years and 60+MM

I'll pass - thanks

maurice
11-03-2004, 05:17 PM
We should be able to get a nice crowd for the games in SD.

LAWSfan
11-04-2004, 05:49 AM
We should be able to get a nice crowd for the games in SD.
Yeah sounds good. If anybody needs or wants help with tixs let me know. As it gets closer we should make plans to meet before the game and have a beer at Dick's Last Resort or Moose's.

Hangar18
11-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Yeah sounds good. If anybody needs or wants help with tixs let me know. As it gets closer we should make plans to meet before the game and have a beer at Dick's Last Resort or Moose's.
Say, when I was in SD last, I checked out the stadium, and noticed a whole 2 city blocks being constructed right across the stadium. It looked like a couple of Bars were opening Right Across the street from Petco, (Imagine that Mr Reinsdorf, bars and restaurants across the street!) to the west (one looked like it was gonna be a Jazz Bar). Im assuming these are open now, what
are they Like? Will these be suitable for Holding a Gathering? I have some
friends out there looking into this for me ....... WE will definitely get a bunch
of White Sox Township out there for the SD games :smile:

ewokpelts
11-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Hangar18 just requested those days off already. SanDiego, here I come ...my brother is getting married on the 10th....not only cant i make all three games(possibly 2 of them thgough)...i'm in town for the "cursed" series......yay....
Gene

ewokpelts
11-04-2004, 12:11 PM
If you want help with tixs let me know. I can order tickets before they go on sale to the general public.just indiviaual tix, or can you ge ta group outing planned?
Gene

LAWSfan
11-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Say, when I was in SD last, I checked out the stadium, and noticed a whole 2 city blocks being constructed right across the stadium. It looked like a couple of Bars were opening Right Across the street from Petco, (Imagine that Mr Reinsdorf, bars and restaurants across the street!) to the west (one looked like it was gonna be a Jazz Bar). Im assuming these are open now, what
are they Like? Will these be suitable for Holding a Gathering? I have some
friends out there looking into this for me ....... WE will definitely get a bunch
of White Sox Township out there for the SD games :smile:
Most the the construction across the street from Petco are either parking structures or condos. Don't worry. Within two-blocks of Petco there are plenty of places a group of 20-30 could meet.

Hangar18
11-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Most the the construction across the street from Petco are either parking structures or condos. Don't worry. Within two-blocks of Petco there are plenty of places a group of 20-30 could meet.

awesome. IM going to plan a Very Nice & Large White Sox Township
Party near Petco ........ Stay Tuned everyone :cool:

ewokpelts
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Party near Petco ........ Stay Tuned everyone :cool:uh oh

LAWSfan
11-05-2004, 05:07 AM
just indiviaual tix, or can you ge ta group outing planned?
Gene
I don't want to do a group outing. When I get info, I will let people know how much tixs are and where to send money. I can order tixs before they go on sale to the public. Hopefully we'll get a lot of people in SD.

So if you want help with tixs, PM me and I'll add you to the list.

PINWHEELS
11-05-2004, 10:50 AM
You can count on me and Chisox65 to be out there for the Sat. and Sun. Games.:gulp: :gulp:

Hangar18
11-05-2004, 10:52 AM
You can count on me and Chisox65 to be out there for the Sat. and Sun. Games.:gulp: :gulp:
Right on ...... were gonna take that place over.

Hangar18
11-05-2004, 11:07 AM

Wear your old school Dick Allen jersey out there, thats an awesome jersey

TheBull
11-05-2004, 11:16 AM
I live in San Diego, so count me in. If anyone has lodging or bar questions, feel free to PM me. I shot Hangar some information about a San Diego beach area bar that would probably run a party bus to and from one of the games in case the group is interested.

PINWHEELS
11-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Wear your old school Dick Allen jersey out there, thats an awesome jerseyWill Do! Henry PM me when you get a Chance.

eshunn2001
11-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Party near Petco ........ Stay Tuned everyone :cool:I am down for a sox party near petco iif you guys need me Soxbears2001@yahoo.com, I even have a few buddies coming dowwn for the series.. both SOX fans