PDA

View Full Version : This is Stupid But...

Etownsox13
11-01-2004, 10:28 AM
I guess this is sort of Sox related, so i'll put it in the clubhouse

You know how all of the national media people are always talking about "Red Sox Nation" I think the Sox should come out with shirts that say Sox Naton on the front, and then some catchy slogan or something on the back. Anyone got any ideas?

kittle42
11-01-2004, 10:33 AM
I guess this is sort of Sox related, so i'll put it in the clubhouse

You know how all of the national media people are always talking about "Red Sox Nation" I think the Sox should come out with shirts that say Sox Naton on the front, and then some catchy slogan or something on the back. Anyone got any ideas?
Why not create a curse shirt, too?

Baby Fisk
11-01-2004, 10:35 AM
White Sox fans aren't so much a "nation" as they are a "ward full of bi-polar out patients". That's not so catchy on a shirt.

soxtalker
11-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I hope that we don't pick up a "Nation" slogan. I believe that the Red Sox were the first to adopt this, though I can't say for sure. However, I've heard it in relation to other teams. For example, IIRC, I heard people using the term "Cardinal Nation." Just as I dislike seeing the "Wave" or fans throwing HR balls back onto the field at USCF, I'd rather adopt a more original slogan.

Tekijawa
11-01-2004, 11:17 AM
88 years of non-championship baseball and all I got was this lousey shirt!

Etownsox13
11-01-2004, 11:48 AM
I hope that we don't pick up a "Nation" slogan. I believe that the Red Sox were the first to adopt this, though I can't say for sure. However, I've heard it in relation to other teams. For example, IIRC, I heard people using the term "Cardinal Nation." Just as I dislike seeing the "Wave" or fans throwing HR balls back onto the field at USCF, I'd rather adopt a more original slogan.

The point is that it would be a joke, a backhanded stab at the "cutsy" teams in the league

voodoochile
11-01-2004, 12:06 PM
88 years of non-championship baseball and all I got was this lousey shirt!
*****!

POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=2707)

santo=dorf
11-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Have we already forgotten about "Sox Pride?" :?:

Baby Fisk
11-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Have we already forgotten about "Sox Pride?" :?:
It came before the fall.