PDA

View Full Version : Good Article from NY Post.

santo=dorf
10-31-2004, 07:52 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/33028.htm

Here is some interesting quotes from the article:
Don't fit the lone $100 million free agent for pinstripes so quickly. It is amazing how many executives and agents dismiss the hype that Carlos Beltran (left) will definitely be a Yankee. One AL assistant GM, echoing a growing sentiment, said, "The Cubs want to change their centerpiece away from Sammy Sosa, saw up close in their division what Beltran could do as an Astro, and have the money," which will top $100 million. There are conflicting reports if Angels owner Arte Moreno is a spender or wants to cut back, but a person close to Beltran said Anaheim is where the center fielder will go. An AL GM said, "This is about money and the Yanks have the money and the desire which makes them the favorites, but I still don't think he ends up there." The Angels, Cubs, White Sox and Cardinals will investigate shortstops Garciaparra, Orlando Cabrera and Edgar Renteria. Count on the Dodgers to at least examine Ordonez and Delgado
Notice how easily Boston pitching went through the NL's best lineup, and how the Cardinals' double-digit winners wilted against the AL's best lineup. An AL manager said, "If you are trading for Randy Johnson, going from the NL to the AL is a big deal, especially since he is 41." I don't agree with the Johnson comment considering he was a dominating pitcher in the AL before going to the NL.

munchman33
10-31-2004, 08:11 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/33028.htm

Here is some interesting quotes from the article:
I don't agree with the Johnson comment considering he was a dominating pitcher in the AL before going to the NL.
Yeah, RJ is one of those guys who will dominate regardless of who he's facing.

Foulke You
11-01-2004, 11:20 PM
While I agree that the AL is a much tougher league than the NL, Randy Johnson is dominating in any league as he has proven before. He was a dominant pitcher with the Seattle Mariners for many years before going to Houston and then Arizona. I have little doubt that he would still be awesome in the AL.

Iwritecode
11-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Notice how easily Boston pitching went through the NL's best lineup, and how the Cardinals' double-digit winners wilted against the AL's best lineup. An AL manager said, "If you are trading for Randy Johnson, going from the NL to the AL is a big deal, especially since he is 41."

Oh, so that wasn't RJ slicing through the Yankees lineup like a hot knife through butter in the WS just a couple of years ago?