PDA

View Full Version : The man who replaced Clueless

Jerry_Manuel
10-10-2001, 10:10 PM
http://chicagosports.com/multimedia/promos/holleywhatshot.jpg
The Tribune's new columnist Michael Holley talks about the transition from Boston to Chicago in the first of a two-part Inside the Wake. Michael's first column is Sunday.

He had a chat and introduced himself (http://chicagosports.com/columnists/content/story/0,1984,130488,00.html)

Daver
10-10-2001, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
http://chicagosports.com/multimedia/promos/holleywhatshot.jpg
The Tribune's new columnist Michael Holley talks about the transition from Boston to Chicago in the first of a two-part Inside the Wake. Michael's first column is Sunday.

He had a chat and introduced himself (http://chicagosports.com/columnists/content/story/0,1984,130488,00.html)

Gee whattya ya know another yes man stiff.
Prepare to be hammered.

duke of dorwood
10-10-2001, 10:31 PM
Where do they find these guys? He lost me with the order he listed the 4 major sports.

duke of dorwood
10-10-2001, 10:32 PM
:shammy

He sound guud to me

GASHWOUND
10-10-2001, 11:29 PM
I'm gonna wait till see what he writes and hear him on interviews to make any judgements. We have to give him a chance, even though he was hired by the Cubune. I'm just wondering who was asking the questions?

I was also getting a brain cramp reading that chat session answers from him. I'm just wondering when will be the firs time he kisses the ass of Sham_ME.

Jerry_Manuel
10-10-2001, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
I'm just wondering who was asking the questions?

I was also getting a brain cramp reading that chat session answers from him. I'm just wondering when will be the firs time he kisses the ass of Sham_ME.

That would be the editor of CS.com George Knue.

:knue
Do you a problem with my interview style?

GASHWOUND
10-11-2001, 12:02 AM

That would be the editor of CS.com George Knue.

:knue
Do you a problem with my interview style?

Oh, that guy. Actually someone called him out for deleting posts left and right at the Bulls Message board there and he went on with this rant. It was pretty stupid. I read it yesterday.

FarWestChicago
10-11-2001, 12:08 AM

Oh, that guy. Actually someone called him out for deleting posts left and right at the Bulls Message board there and he went on with this rant. It was pretty stupid. I read it yesterday. Yeah, Knue-man is about as juvenile as they come. What a putz.

LongDistanceFan
10-11-2001, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yeah, Knue-man is about as juvenile as they come. What a putz. who is clueless?

CLR01
10-11-2001, 03:21 AM

Oh, that guy. Actually someone called him out for deleting posts left and right at the Bulls Message board there and he went on with this rant. It was pretty stupid. I read it yesterday.

Yeah that is certainly Knue-man's style. You have a link to this rant, it would probably be good for a laugh or walk down memory lane. I dont even visit CS.com anymore, let alone attempt to post on their boards. I have probably already been banned for life, georgie doesnt like me very much. I still cant believe he threatened legal action against me if i shared any of the email he sent me with anyone, ofcourse any reply to him also went to a mysterious address called everyone@tribune.com or something like that, i cant seem to locate opur exchanges, and i dont feel like digging through the 5000 email sitting in my trash can.

Jerry_Manuel
10-11-2001, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
who is clueless?

That would be former Tribune columnist Skip Bayless.

GASHWOUND
10-11-2001, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Yeah that is certainly Knue-man's style. You have a link to this rant, it would probably be good for a laugh or walk down memory lane. I dont even visit CS.com anymore, let alone attempt to post on their boards. I have probably already been banned for life, georgie doesnt like me very much. I still cant believe he threatened legal action against me if i shared any of the email he sent me with anyone, ofcourse any reply to him also went to a mysterious address called everyone@tribune.com or something like that, i cant seem to locate opur exchanges, and i dont feel like digging through the 5000 email sitting in my trash can.

I think this is the link to his little speech.
http://www.delphi.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=sp-bulls&msg=9.451

Did he send you E-mail cause of the rigged contest thing?

Oh yeah, befor I forget, here is the post that lead to his rant. Read this one first, than the above one.
http://www.delphi.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=sp-bulls&msg=9.441

I think you'll find it.

Jerry_Manuel
10-11-2001, 04:27 PM
Did he send you E-mail cause of the rigged contest thing?

Yes he did. He even went as far as to threaten legal action if we showed anyone else the email he was sending you.

Jerry_Manuel
10-11-2001, 04:32 PM
Here is what the Knue man had to say if you don't feel like clicking the link.

The terms of use of this board are pretty clear – no obscenities. I think by most standards, the word we have been discussing would be considered an obscenity.

I’m not especially concerned with what dictionaries say – they are pretty straightforward with what they do … give definitions for words. I am more concerned with the way these words are perceived. I don’t think you’d use that word in a sentence if you were speaking to your grandmother – I know I wouldn’t. That is the standard I will use on this board.

When I kill posts (something I do both reluctantly and seldom), I don’t consider it censorship. You can say whatever you want – but if you’re going to use language that is unnacceptable on this board, then go say it someplace else. That’s not the kind of neighborhood I want this to be – or have let it be. And to compare what I did with your post to book-burning and fascism – well, I believe the dictionary word for that is exaggeration.

Bs hasn’t moved my obscenity meter while the word we have been discussing here has. You can call it hypocrisy if you like, but I consider it an honest difference of opinion.

I’m glad you feel you understand and respect where I am coming from – though your continued use of the word in question in your replay did smack a little of teenage sarcasm.

Old-school I may be – though I don’t know what is so old-school about common courtesy. But I also believe in the language – modern or not. There are better ways to say what you said. I’d encourage you to use them.

I love it when these things move into discussions of freedom of speech when what they are really about is your desire to use locker-room language in a public setting where we have deemed it inappropriate. That’s all this is about.

I don’t have the post that was deleted – can’t send it back to you. Maybe you can remember.

Thanks … and back to Bulls.

George Knue

Senior Editor, ChicagoSports.com

doublem23
10-11-2001, 07:42 PM
Man, what a #####.

eleshu
10-11-2001, 10:14 PM
I saw clueless last night on fox sports, if anyone cares he is apparently working for the newspaper in San Jose. For what it's worth he didn't exactly move up in the world.

NUCatsFan
10-12-2001, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by eleshu
I saw clueless last night on fox sports, if anyone cares he is apparently working for the newspaper in San Jose. For what it's worth he didn't exactly move up in the world.

Yes, Skip is working for the SJ Mercury News. His columns are still as stupid as ever, though.

rmusacch
10-12-2001, 02:10 PM

Yes he did. He even went as far as to threaten legal action if we showed anyone else the email he was sending you.

He basically did the same thing to me when I had a beef with one of his polls.