PDA

View Full Version : Sosa bitches to a Dominican Paper

MRKARNO
10-30-2004, 10:11 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/baseball/mlb/10/30/bc.bbn.sosaspeaks.ap/index.html

"I'm not a sixth batter," Sosa told Hoy newspaper in Santo Domingo on Saturday upon returning to his native Dominican Republic. "I'm a cleanup hitter or third because I've earned that right with almost 600 career home runs."

Again, the lovable Sammy Sosa

RKMeibalane
10-30-2004, 10:32 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/baseball/mlb/10/30/bc.bbn.sosaspeaks.ap/index.html

Again, the lovable Sammy Sosa
Once again, White Sox fans have a reason to smile. Sosa is whining about being moved down in the batting order... again. Contrast that with Frank Thomas unselfishly volunteering to move down in the order so that Maggs could bat third.

THIS MAN SUCKS ------------------------------------> :shammy

beckett21
10-30-2004, 10:33 PM
He should feel humiliated for the way he played this season.

:violin:

Clembasbal
10-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah they mentioned this on NBC news, but not on WGN news...odd?

OEO Magglio
10-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Could you imagine if Frank Thomas said this, it would be everywhere and we'd never hear the end about how big a baby he is, with sosa this will go away soon.

StillMissOzzie
10-31-2004, 01:32 AM
I heard the whole letter on NBC-5 news here too. A backhanded apology for his quick exit final game was also included. It figures that he'd find a way to bitch about these perceived slights (getting moved down in the batting order) to make the apology part ring hollow. Hawkeroo, you wanna take it from here?

:hawk

"HE GAWN!"

SMO
:gulp:

Mohoney
10-31-2004, 04:03 AM
Could you imagine if Frank Thomas said this, it would be everywhere and we'd never hear the end about how big a baby he is, with sosa this will go away soon.
Because they can't trade him. He's a Cub until that contract is up, and it's a beautiful thing.

SOXSINCE'70
10-31-2004, 10:31 AM
I have tried,in vain,to explain to the sCrUBbie faithful
why Sox fans say Scam-Me sucks for the past 12
years.He is a petulant pouter,a true honest to God
clubhouse cancer.
I do have a message for him,though::whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

SHUT UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT,
YOU FRIGGIN' LOSER!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MRKARNO
10-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Heard on Cubs message boards regarding the incident:

That's quite an ego he has there.

What a jackass. He is playing just to get his little home run crap. Ha, right Sammy, needing rest on the last day of the year. I hate that piece of crap.

Find his corked bat and start testing for steroids and he falters...hummm.

His crybaby crap has been old, I've NEVER been a fan of his and have always thought he was a self-serving phony. I hope he ends up with the Mets....he doesn't deserve that! He should be traded to the Tigers OF THE JAPANESE LEAGUE!

what a f'ing pile a flaming CRAP. Me me me me me. I need to hit 3rd or 4th so I can hit 35 hr and get 700 home runs. SHUT UP YOU SELFISH PIECE OF GARBAGE!

I agree. I've had enough of SamME Sosa. I've always been a big fan, and always given him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm just tired of all the crap that comes with Sammy. How could he possibly be humiliated by being placed in the 6th spot? You'd figure he'd be alot more humiliated by hitting .250 for the year than being moved into the 6th spot. Or he'd be more humiliated by the fact that it got so bad that the fans of Chicago thought he needed to be moved down in the order well before Dusty moved him down. I'm tired of it. I hope he's gone this year.

Pretty hard to defend Sammy Sosa now. He obviously needs to go.

Why has it taken them so long to finally come around?

beckett21
10-31-2004, 11:07 AM
I know that was meant as a rhetorical question, but let me have a little fun answering it anyway. :redneck

1)they are a bunch of lemmings who are just following the current popular opinion;

2)he had a crappy year;

3)the Cubs didn't make the playoffs. He is the scapegoat-du-jour. Apparently Wendell Kim, Chip Caray, and Steve Stone were not enough. This year they finally realized they should blame at least one of the players.

:gulp:

CubKilla
10-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Don't leave out the training staff :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Don't leave out the training staff :cool:Don't leave out the scapegoat Sox Fan blamed for the dead ivy either. Whoops... that was 2003's excuse.
:wink:

:lynch&mcfail
"The suspect seen breaking our ballpark's ornamental concrete was also observed to have a bottle of Round Up on his person. We have therefore identified him as a Sox Fan and we are hotly pursuing several promising leads throughout the South Side."

TornLabrum
10-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Come on! These are Cubs fans we're talking about here!

DumpJerry
10-31-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah they mentioned this on NBC news, but not on WGN news...odd?It was on top fold of the front page of the Cubune Sports section today. Says he is in his winter home in D.R. Is he trying to avoid the NYPD for harboring his cousin?

duke of dorwood
10-31-2004, 12:26 PM
:shammy

100% Pure Psycho

jdm2662
10-31-2004, 12:30 PM
I've gotten such a kick out of the Sosa saga. All this time, the Cubbie blue got on my case for ripping on their cute and cuddley hero. I was a jealous Sox fan. Only two Cub fans I know, one is my uncle, the other is a good friend of mine, have been anit-Sosa since day one. I know quite a bit of people that even bought his corked bat story. Now, the Cubbie nation wants him out of town. I go to each Cub fan that says this and tell them its their fault for praising the guy, and saying what a great human being and hero he is. The sad part is, the same dopes will be in the bleachers worshiping him next season as if nothing happened.
________
Yamaha xv535 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_XV535)

beckett21
10-31-2004, 12:44 PM
I have a sinking feeling now that Alou is off the books, the Cubs will make a serious run at Beltran. I dare say they might land him, and find a way to ship Sammy off to the Mets. :(:

How's that for a punch in the stomach and a kick in the groin, Sox fans? :(:

:whiner:

MRKARNO
10-31-2004, 04:02 PM
I have a sinking feeling now that Alou is off the books, the Cubs will make a serious run at Beltran. I dare say they might land him, and find a way to ship Sammy off to the Mets. :(:

How's that for a punch in the stomach and a kick in the groin, Sox fans? :(:

:whiner:

I have a hunch that they'll end up with JD Drew and not Beltran

beckett21
10-31-2004, 04:16 PM
I have a hunch that they'll end up with JD Drew and not Beltran
Interesting. I figure Beltran on going to the Yankees, but I would say that the Cubs are probably the next likely destination for him unfortunately. That may just be me believing all the media hype, though. We all know how accurate that tends to be.

I've always liked Drew. Too bad he is so injury prone. Wonder if the Sox are going to give him a look, despite the Boras factor. He will probably command more than the Sox will be willing to spend, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the South Side.

Baby Fisk
11-01-2004, 10:14 AM
:shammy

100% Pure PsychoConversely:

:hurt
100% Pure Class

Etownsox13
11-01-2004, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=MRKARNO]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/baseball/mlb/10/30/bc.bbn.sosaspeaks.ap/index.html

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Jerko
11-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I really hate that old "I've earned the right to be a 3 or 4 hitter NOW because of what I've done in the past" logic. Sammy, you're not a 3 or 4 hitter NOW because you suck NOW! My 80 year old grandfather used to drive a truck for a living but he can't see anymore; should he get a driver's license now because "he earned that right in the past" by being a good truck driver? He can't do it anymore! Neither can you Scammy (without cheating) so stick it in your ear (or elsewhere) and shaddup.

bigfoot
11-01-2004, 01:00 PM
There was that wonderful period of time, during the season, when the only position that had fewer RBIs than RF was the pitchers. That Scammin' Sammee could complain about batting sixth, when he deserved to bat eighth is laughable. Is this some macho thing once he got into the protective custody of the Dominican Republic? His posse egging him on to becoming a PR loser for the Al-Urinal crowd? Many hopes that he resides in an ever-tighter stat death spiral for the remainder of his contract. I don't know any other team that deserves him more.

wdelaney72
11-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Conversely:

:hurt
100% Pure Class
I think that's a bit of a stretch. Frank gets a bad rap from the media, but he has still made his share of INCREDIBLY stupid and classless comments. I will agree that he's a giant step-up from SamMe.

flo-B-flo
11-06-2004, 09:22 PM
I really hate that old "I've earned the right to be a 3 or 4 hitter NOW because of what I've done in the past" logic. Sammy, you're not a 3 or 4 hitter NOW because you suck NOW! My 80 year old grandfather used to drive a truck for a living but he can't see anymore; should he get a driver's license now because "he earned that right in the past" by being a good truck driver? He can't do it anymore! Neither can you Scammy (without cheating) so stick it in your ear (or elsewhere) and shaddup. King strikeout is spanish for Leon.:wink:

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Come on! These are Cubs fans we're talking about here!
WRIGLEY FANS*

JKryl
11-07-2004, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=MRKARNO]Heard on Cubs message boards regarding the incident:

The Scrubs have fans that can read and write? Come on... :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: